TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by Bradius »

Somehow I missed that top tier. Maybe it was added since I first looked. :shock: That tier alone would bring in $41k alone with just 100 backers....I mean, I don't know what you have planned, but one of each and you are talking about 15+ decks and other stuff and for the price of nearly 3 mixed bricks.... or over a pound of silver.

I am afraid I am going to have to pass on that one just like I did on a brick of Jody's Umbra gilded decks. I guess I am going to have to cage the squirrel for awhile. :lol: :(
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Bradius wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm Somehow I missed that top tier. Maybe it was added since I first looked. :shock: That tier alone would bring in $41k alone with just 100 backers....I mean, I don't know what you have planned, but one of each and you are talking about 15+ decks and other stuff and for the price of nearly 3 mixed bricks.... or over a pound of silver.

I am afraid I am going to have to pass on that one just like I did on a brick of Jody's Umbra gilded decks. I guess I am going to have to cage the squirrel for awhile. :lol: :(
I have a feeling those will be filled in as we show off what those three extra decks will be. I’m gonna talk about our plans on the prelaunch livestream at 11am. First up is a gilded “treasure” edition. Lotrek’s Dynastinae edition. And the Tempest in a bottle edition. Also will prob have whatever extras we end up producing. The gaff pack, coin, etc.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:18 pm
Bradius wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm Somehow I missed that top tier. Maybe it was added since I first looked. :shock: That tier alone would bring in $41k alone with just 100 backers....I mean, I don't know what you have planned, but one of each and you are talking about 15+ decks and other stuff and for the price of nearly 3 mixed bricks.... or over a pound of silver.

I have a feeling those will be filled in as we show off what those three extra decks will be. I’m gonna talk about our plans on the prelaunch livestream at 11am. First up is a gilded “treasure” edition. Lotrek’s Dynastinae edition. And the Tempest in a bottle edition. Also will prob have whatever extras we end up producing. The gaff pack, coin, etc.
So is the top tier meant to be: brick of Tempest + extras?
Remember Earth clearly.
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

the midnight variant states:
black stock, silver/teal foil, embossing and numbered seal

400% stretch goal - numbered seal for midnight edition

wow, double edged sword there
CPPCC
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by CPPCC »

$415 for the top tier? Here we are again with EU friendly shipping. :D If you ship this package from the US I don’t have even to think about it. If this package is stopped by customs the price will be $550 instead of $415. But with EU friendly shipping I will consider going for the top tier. :D

Are you going to record the live stream so that those who can't be there can watch it later?
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Trying to help you catch any issues with the campaign page, but just wondering when will the photos and full page be updated? Currently, there's still a lot of finalizing to go for the page that proofreading isn't relevant yet.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Thanks for the quick reply TGW. I have no doubt the top tier will fill up and thanks for a peek into what to expect. The design looks great, and I will definitely be participating.

CPCC, even if they can't work out a complete solution for EU friendly shipping, I would hope they could at least provide EU friendly shipping for the EU participants in the top tier.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
CPPCC
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by CPPCC »

Bradius wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 am CPCC, even if they can't work out a complete solution for EU friendly shipping, I would hope they could at least provide EU friendly shipping for the EU participants in the top tier.
I guess the top level decks will be produced by Oath Playing Cards? I like packages with Greek stamps. :D
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

If the experience with 52wonders was good I don’t see why we can’t repeat that. I will get the ball rolling on contacts. Try to make it happen!

bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:18 pm

The YouTube link got taken down to that prelaunch thing
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

My thoughts: "Yes, please!" EDIT: this is actually a response to the next post...
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

0BD9512C-2910-4991-B3B0-E5B529DB0DA7.jpeg
CA385373-D98A-4EF0-BD09-0793CA957870.jpeg
C1816264-886A-4AB7-AAEA-A8E3A552DFA0.jpeg

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

LINK to livestream event:

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

ALRIGHT.... NEW DEVELOPMENT. Lotrek just showed me this and I'm in love. THIS IS IT! We wanted to make sure that the back design and cards matched the beauty of the Tuck Cases... and I CAN WHOLEHEARTEDLY say that now they are a perfect match!
TempestNEW.jpg

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

One of the things we are discussing is a Metal Ace of Hearts card guard in the style of Steve Minty's metal cards. Antique Brass. 3D Sculpted. Getting quotes now. Will obviously be part of the Complete Tempest tier.

juxtaposed
White Whale: Arabesque Gold
Decks Owned: 31

Unread post by juxtaposed »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 pm ALRIGHT.... NEW DEVELOPMENT. Lotrek just showed me this and I'm in love. THIS IS IT! We wanted to make sure that the back design and cards matched the beauty of the Tuck Cases... and I CAN WHOLEHEARTEDLY say that now they are a perfect match!

TempestNEW.jpg
is that midnight edition? i was gonna say midnight was probably my favourite, for the teal blue cold foil.
not anymore now. is the colouring final? any chance of the back being the same as the tuck box? (full teal)
i really didn't want the back to shout "TGW" at me
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

juxtaposed wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:00 pm
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 pm ALRIGHT.... NEW DEVELOPMENT. Lotrek just showed me this and I'm in love. THIS IS IT! We wanted to make sure that the back design and cards matched the beauty of the Tuck Cases... and I CAN WHOLEHEARTEDLY say that now they are a perfect match!

TempestNEW.jpg
is that midnight edition? i was gonna say midnight was probably my favourite, for the teal blue cold foil.
not anymore now. is the colouring final? any chance of the back being the same as the tuck box? (full teal)
Actually that is the OLD ocean edition. And the tuck on the right is just the back of the existing Ocean edition. THe ACTUAL midnight we haven't released images of but its Black field with Gunmetal and Gold cold foil.

RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:48 pm
juxtaposed wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:00 pm

TempestNEW.jpg
Actually that is the OLD ocean edition. And the tuck on the right is just the back of the existing Ocean edition. THe ACTUAL midnight we haven't released images of but its Black field with Gunmetal and Gold cold foil.
I have to retract my eggplant, black, navy as bad color choices after seeing this and eggplant tuck. Foil makes them so definitely different. Love that blue/gold card back.
Move on, nothing to see here.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

So what's the difference in the 3 editions (ocean dusk and midnight), not counting the fancy versions? Are the backs all different colors? Or just the tucks? Or both?
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
bmeadow5
Decks Owned: 42

Unread post by bmeadow5 »

Looks Amazing !
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

I spy a purple paper tuck with some deliciously bright pink and copper foil. :D I made that face when I saw it. Delightful!
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

WOW. The new colored back design looks soo much better. Love it. :P
And the Eggplant Tuck looks amazing too.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Okay so editions are (FOR UC EYES ONLY! :P)

Ocean - Tuck is navy blue, teal foil, gold foil. Cards are teal with gold accented on navy field
Dusk - Tuck is Deep Purple/Burgundy, purple foil, copper foil. Cards are burgundy red with gold accents on dark purple field
Midnight - Tuck is black, gun metal silver foil, gold foil. Cards are gun metal COLD FOIL, with GOLD cold foil accents AND BORDERS (as on black Parlour) over black field.
Treasure (Locked stretch for now) - Tuck is gold paper, with gold foil. Cards are Gold cold foil with 2nd gold tone accents on Gold metallic field. GOlD ON GOLD. GILDED!
Dynastinae (locked) LOTREK SPECIAL EDITION - SECRET alternate tuck case. Dark green and gold will feature
Tempest in a Bottle (locked) ultra limited - Black and White alternate tuck case. Deck inside a SEALED glass bottle with wax seal. NUmbered. Only 200. Bottled by impossiblebottle

Dusk MOCK up:
New Back Dusk.png

Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

Everything looks great so far. Looking forward to this.

Comments/Questions:
1) If stretch goal is reached: My guess is that the Dynastinae and Tempest in a Bottle will be add-ons, for those who get a chance to add them. Is that a fair assumption?
2) For the Treasure deck, assuming it is unlocked, will the brick configurations change to be 3x3x3x3 or will Treasure be another add-on?
(UPDATE:) nevermind, just saw that it will be gilded. No way that ends up in the brick configs.

Just trying to create a budget for the whole project and pace myself.

Thanks
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Pablo393 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:16 pm Everything looks great so far. Looking forward to this.

Comments/Questions:
1) If stretch goal is reached: My guess is that the Dynastinae and Tempest in a Bottle will be add-ons, for those who get a chance to add them. Is that a fair assumption?
2) For the Treasure deck, assuming it is unlocked, will the brick configurations change to be 3x3x3x3 or will Treasure be another add-on?
(UPDATE:) nevermind, just saw that it will be gilded. No way that ends up in the brick configs.

Just trying to create a budget for the whole project and pace myself.

Thanks
Some of the particulars of how people will be able to get what is still being ironed-out. There will be a select stock available for folks in specific tiers. For instance brick tiers will ALWAYS be able to add items. There will be collection sets offered with limited items but those will be limited for sure. We don't even have total exact prices yet. HOWEVER I can say that the absolutely best value will be the Complete Tempest tier which will inlcude Gaff pack and Metal Card (if all things go as planned). No mini deck this time. Too much going on as it is. lol. I just couldnt resist the Tempest in a bottle idea when it popped in my head.

wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

THESE backs sing! Love them!
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Are all the versions printed at Cartamundi? Or will there be 1-2 versions that's printed by Lotrek himself?
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Decknowledgy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:14 pm Are all the versions printed at Cartamundi? Or will there be 1-2 versions that's printed by Lotrek himself?
At least one version (dynastinae) is lotrek version
He will print all of the tucks.

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Just to clarify: The Treasure, Dynastinae and Tempest in a Bottle are all the same deck (as described on Treasure) in different tucks?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

MagikFingerz wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:15 pm Just to clarify: The Treasure, Dynastinae and Tempest in a Bottle are all the same deck (as described on Treasure) in different tucks?
No. The treassure is a gilded gold on gold deck with cold foil. The Dynastinae is a REDACTED on REDACTED Deck using REDACTED printed by Lotrek. The tempest in a bottle will be a variant of the Dynastinae. But Impossibly sealed in a glass bottle.

Btw I plan on going over all of this stuff in the livestream on Friday!