Should Marking System EXPLAINED to Everyone?

Anything and everything playing cards!
Ness

Should Marking System EXPLAINED to Everyone?

Unread post by Ness »

So, i will re-launch my first edition of Bonacci playing cards and it includes a marked deck which has its own unique marking system.
Do you think that i should reveal the marking system in KS campaign or explain it only to the backers after its funded?
I need your ideas!!!

Thanks,
Ness
Attachments
INIZIO 6.jpg
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Re: Should Marking System EXPLAINED to Everypne?

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Should include a card in the deck to explain how the marking system works. If you explain it to backers only, then aftermarket purchases won't be able to learn it if the seller doesn't tell them, or doesn't know it, or forgets or whatever
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Fes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

bdawg923 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 am Should include a card in the deck to explain how the marking system works.
+1
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Ness

Unread post by Ness »

bdawg923 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 am Should include a card in the deck to explain how the marking system works. If you explain it to backers only, then aftermarket purchases won't be able to learn it if the seller doesn't tell them, or doesn't know it, or forgets or whatever
This is a great idea. Thanks.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

bdawg923 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:40 am Should include a card in the deck to explain how the marking system works. If you explain it to backers only, then aftermarket purchases won't be able to learn it if the seller doesn't tell them, or doesn't know it, or forgets or whatever
+1

Best solution imo.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Ness

Re: Should Marking System EXPLAINED to Everyone?

Unread post by Ness »

Hello pals, i really nees your opinions. :idea:
Consider yourself as a backer. Would you prefer to know the marking system during the ks campaign or want to keep it private for yourself :?:

All comments are very welcome.
Cheers.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Ideally I think I'd want it to be posted in a backer-only update reasonably early in the campaign. I think people are going to pledge mainly based on the design of the deck, but if I were to also pledge because they're marked (I never do) I'd want to see it before the campaign was over. I also wouldn't want it broadcasted to everyone on the campaign front page.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Knowing that a deck is marked is what's important to me during a campaign. I don't like it being sprung on me after the fact. I'm impartial with when the specifics of the marking system are shared. When I buy a marked deck, I often don't know how it's marked prior to purchase and I'm alright with it. -shrug- I don't buy loads of marked decks either as I am half blind. I can't see the blasted things well enough to make use of them nine times out of ten.
MagikFingerz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am Ideally I think I'd want it to be posted in a backer-only update reasonably early in the campaign. ... I also wouldn't want it broadcasted to everyone on the campaign front page.
I agree +1. Not all over the cover page of the campaign for sure.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

MagikFingerz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am Ideally I think I'd want it to be posted in a backer-only update reasonably early in the campaign. I think people are going to pledge mainly based on the design of the deck, but if I were to also pledge because they're marked (I never do) I'd want to see it before the campaign was over. I also wouldn't want it broadcasted to everyone on the campaign front page.
What Tom said. Also to echo Fex, my eyesight isn't good. So I was disappointed that the Mint 2 marking system, even though it was 25% larger was still too small for me to make it out quickly without squinting. That's why the DMC Elites are still my fave marked deck.
Ness

Unread post by Ness »

Eric Lee wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:29 am
MagikFingerz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am Ideally I think I'd want it to be posted in a backer-only update reasonably early in the campaign. I think people are going to pledge mainly based on the design of the deck, but if I were to also pledge because they're marked (I never do) I'd want to see it before the campaign was over. I also wouldn't want it broadcasted to everyone on the campaign front page.
What Tom said. Also to echo Fex, my eyesight isn't good. So I was disappointed that the Mint 2 marking system, even though it was 25% larger was still too small for me to make it out quickly without squinting. That's why the DMC Elites are still my fave marked deck.
I totally agree with your point. I am a big fan of mint marking system. It's just hurts my eyes when I try to see the marking from a meter away. :shock:
For that reason I make the Bonacci marking system is easily readable from reasonable distance. :arrow: