Warrior Women Playing Cards / Funded on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Warrior Women Playing Cards / Live on KS

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Congrats. Well deserved.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Massiz

Unread post by Massiz »

C’mon guys, let’s make your pledge! Or raise the one you already done! We are near to the metallic ink SG!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Massiz wrote:C’mon guys, let’s make your pledge! Or raise the one you already done! We are near to the metallic ink SG!
Very much hoping this happens!
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by ehsanziaf »

Yes!!! Metallic back are unlocked now :D After the last update we lost few but finally we made it. Thank you all for your continued support!!
And now there is only one SG left which is interior foil for tuck box! I hope we can unlock this one in 4 days as well! So far so good ;)
Stay safe out there :)
sa.JPG
Harvonsgard

Great news. I love seeing it all coming together.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are close to 150% and only 42 hours left! We are so amazed by these numbers! :D
Sembero

Unread post by Sembero »

i bought recently :)
scottbre

Unread post by scottbre »

ehsanziaf wrote:Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are close to 150% and only 42 hours left! We are so amazed by these numbers! :D
What are the chances that you'll be fixing the Ace designs?
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19990/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

scottbre wrote:
ehsanziaf wrote:Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are close to 150% and only 42 hours left! We are so amazed by these numbers! :D
What are the chances that you'll be fixing the Ace designs?
We are going to do some refinement to AoH, but if you mean changing the whole design to make it all thin/thick, that I can't promise. It's matter of time tbh, if after campaign ends, it's easier for us to do these kind of changes :)
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Thank you all! We made it together! :ugdance:

From Ehsan, Maryam and Sadegh, we just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been a part of the project and made this possible!

At first when we started to design this deck at United Cardists we had no idea what to expect, we just wanted to design a high quality deck as much as we could and it was such an awesome journey! Once we launched this project it was so stressful for us and also exciting, we weren't sure we are going to make it or not but we did it! And what a fantastic support. This is an incredible result for a first time creator, thank you so much for putting your trust on us! We can’t wait to get these decks in your hands! Also don't forget to follow us on Instagram @headlesskings, we are going to have giveaways and more awesome news once everything is sorted out!

Be well and stay safe :)
ks.jpg
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Hey guys!

Hope you all are doing fine and having a fine time during the lockdown. As some of you might know we are going to work on next volume, and we are so excited about it, thanks to you all for this, who helped us to make this happen. We made a list of warrior women so you can select your favorites. Please take a look at it and give us your feedback. Goal of this survey is to select 12 warriors for volume 2. Your feedback is important to us!

Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.gle/sPQW9fM6BigWiqbH6

Once our list is finalized, we start sketching and fun part begins! We will let you know about the results in the next week, stay safe and tuned :)

story.jpg
Sembero

Unread post by Sembero »

ehsanziaf wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 4:08 pm Hey guys!

Hope you all are doing fine and having a fine time during the lockdown. As some of you might know we are going to work on next volume, and we are so excited about it, thanks to you all for this, who helped us to make this happen. We made a list of warrior women so you can select your favorites. Please take a look at it and give us your feedback. Goal of this survey is to select 12 warriors for volume 2. Your feedback is important to us!

Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.gle/sPQW9fM6BigWiqbH6

Once our list is finalized, we start sketching and fun part begins! We will let you know about the results in the next week, stay safe and tuned :)

story.jpg
If I had to choose something, I would have to see the character's deck card, just like being a painter or drawer :)
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Pirate Queens, YES.

IMO, doesn't get much more badass than that.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
scottbre

Unread post by scottbre »

I just got these in the mail today, and overall a pretty nice deck and nice tuck. Glad I got to provide input into the design and now have the result in my hands.

I'd give these a respectable A-minus.
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19990/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Squiddle_Ink

Unread post by Squiddle_Ink »

So very beautiful. Well done
Stacey Jay Kelly - playing card designer @ Squiddle Ink // Instagram: https://bit.ly/3Uq4UWD // Webstore: https://squiddleinkshop.com/
Harvonsgard

Nice to see the finished product. Well done project.

Aces_Rye
Collector: Yes

Unread post by Aces_Rye »

πŸ˜• I was disappointed in the tuck case. Overall, it looks great, however, what I thought would be the front ended up on the back.
I dunno... I just thought the side with the name of the deck would face forward. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
PiazzaDelivery

Aces_Rye wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:32 am πŸ˜• I was disappointed in the tuck case. Overall, it looks great, however, what I thought would be the front ended up on the back.
I dunno... I just thought the side with the name of the deck would face forward. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I don’t understand this critique at all.

Just... turn it around? What difference does it make what side the writing is on???
Harvonsgard

I guess due to the seal or thumb cut out facing the wrong side now πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™€οΈ. OCD stuff I guess.

PiazzaDelivery

Got home to my decks today, beautiful as expected, very nicely run campaign for first timers, buuuutt...

But USPCC strikes again. Crap registration making these all but unusable for magic :( Too bad, they're really nice.
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Re: Warrior Women Playing Cards / Funded on KS

Hi guys!

Hope you are all doing great :)

Sorry for my long absence, I was moving houses in these crazy times and working on the second volume as well. We planned to launch volume 2 in the next two weeks. Now that we are getting closer, we thought if it's a good idea to change manufacturer to NPCC (Noir Arts Company) or to go with the same manufacturers (USPCC & GW), but still not sure, would appreciate your thoughts on this. Going to ask all backers in KS as well, then we decide. Cartamundi is a great option as well but we thought we might go with them with our third whole new project.

About volume 2, we have made changes to the tuck design along with new custom courts and back design which some of you might know, I will share some photos soon. Also planning to have a special collector box that can contain two volumes.

Also thank you so much for your recent feedbacks, hope we could cover all mistakes but hopefully in the next campaigns as we learn :)
Everything so far went pretty well in our view, special thanks to all of you in here.

Thanks
montenzi
βœ” VERIFIED Designer
βœ” VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

ehsanziaf wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 am if it's a good idea to change manufacturer to NPCC (Noir Arts Company) or to go with the same manufacturers (USPCC & GW)

Try to consider WJPC. They produce USPCC quality decks now (but with much better registration). In a blind test, I don't see a difference. Their stock is almost like BEE (Premium).

They had some problems with cutting in the past. But now they use a new machine, so the edges are superb! Also, they dramatically improved coating.

I printed decks with WJPC in the past, and I will definitely do it again very soon. Waiting time is 3-4 months at USPCC now, so in my opinion, WJPC is the best alternative if you like USPCC's Premium stock.

Contact: Fanny (highly recommended): admin at wjplayingcards com

update: They even use the same embossing pattern on the cards, so if you compare BEE vs. WJPC, it is almost impossible to catch the difference.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Please DO NOT change to NPCC this is one of the worst playing cards companies. Your artwork is too good to be put in such a cheap printer.
Harvonsgard

USPCC is for some still the gold standard. It might cost you backers when going to another printer.
Of all alternatives NPCC might be the worst pick by far.

PiazzaDelivery

montenzi wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 pm
ehsanziaf wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 am if it's a good idea to change manufacturer to NPCC (Noir Arts Company) or to go with the same manufacturers (USPCC & GW)

Try to consider WJPC. They produce USPCC quality decks now (but with much better registration). In a blind test, I don't see a difference. Their stock is almost like BEE (Premium).

They had some problems with cutting in the past. But now they use a new machine, so the edges are superb! Also, they dramatically improved coating.

I printed decks with WJPC in the past, and I will definitely do it again very soon. Waiting time is 3-4 months at USPCC now, so in my opinion, WJPC is the best alternative if you like USPCC's Premium stock.

Contact: Fanny (highly recommended): admin at wjplayingcards com

update: They even use the same embossing pattern on the cards, so if you compare BEE vs. WJPC, it is almost impossible to catch the difference.
Srsly? I own only a single WJPC deck and I’ve found the handling to be garbage relative to a regular Bee deck. Granted it’s been a long time, I leave the possibility for improvement, but I get the feeling from comments around UC that WJPC is only slightly above NPCC in the printer rankings.
montenzi
βœ” VERIFIED Designer
βœ” VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:58 pm USPCC is for some still the gold standard. It might cost you backers when going to another printer.
Of all alternatives NPCC might be the worst pick by far.
Agree
PiazzaDelivery wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:14 pm Srsly?
Yes. Look, each deck should be good in all aspects - handling, registration, paper, etc. They had some problems in the past, and handling was not perfect due to cutting and coating. It's all changed, and you cannot compare old and 2020 decks. They are now in the top 3 (Cartamundi-USPCC-WJPC). USPCC? ... only if you accept bad registration. If you are ok with it, GO! For me, WJPC is even a little better than USPCC just for this reason. Add waiting time (1 month at WJPC vs. 3-4 at USPCC). As for handling, I don't feel a difference at all. But still, USPCC is a safer choice if you accept a decline in quality. Just don't cry when you receive a badly cut deck. :D
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

montenzi wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 am
They are now in the top 3 (Cartamundi-USPCC-WJPC). USPCC? ... only if you accept bad registration. If you are ok with it, GO! For me, WJPC is even a little better than USPCC just for this reason. Add waiting time (1 month at WJPC vs. 3-4 at USPCC). As for handling, I don't feel a difference at all. But still, USPCC is a safer choice if you accept a decline in quality. Just don't cry when you receive a badly cut deck. :D
Wow, that's a bold claim, Alex. I would have put good WJPC and MPC M3X stock with Beta finish on par with EPCC/LPCC/TWPCC.
But up to top 3? Yeah, customer service and options, for sure; considering what the designers who've worked with WJPC have mentioned.

I'm looking forward to get the recent EPC decks from my shipping agent, to my hands to see just how good it is now.
Harvonsgard

Eric Lee wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:41 am
montenzi wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 am
They are now in the top 3 (Cartamundi-USPCC-WJPC). USPCC? ... only if you accept bad registration. If you are ok with it, GO! For me, WJPC is even a little better than USPCC just for this reason. Add waiting time (1 month at WJPC vs. 3-4 at USPCC). As for handling, I don't feel a difference at all. But still, USPCC is a safer choice if you accept a decline in quality. Just don't cry when you receive a badly cut deck. :D
Wow, that's a bold claim, Alex.
Until this morning I was in the same boat. What has changed you ask? Mailday! πŸ˜ƒ
Earlier today the Testament Art decks arrived and yes, those WJPC with embossed linen finish perform close to A-quality.
I'll definitely will get some cheaper Elephant decks to put them more to the test. A destiny that I wanna spare the Testament Art deck from, haha.

For now I would second Alex' statement. They are definitely closer to USPCC feel out of the box than anyone else on the market that I've come across. If you like that is another question. I can see people putting EPCC over WJPC if they prefer stiffer cards.
The colours are a bit dull on Testament but this could be a pre-press/data problem more than a printing problem.
USPCC for me still has that secret potion factor slight edge regarding handling over all others. As runner-up I would put WJPC even over Cartamundi but that's due to me not liking too soft stocks.

Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

This is interesting news and I find it curious how they could have upped their quality so much in a year and a bit or around there. I don't remember when the last time I picked up a WJPC deck exactly only that it was a crap experience. So very good news that folks are enjoying this product. Consistency has been a big issue with me for them. I like to know what I'm going to get. I hope they've found a groove they like and will stick with it for a while, particularly if it's handling well. Good to now. :)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
ehsanziaf
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Hey guys!

Wow, you are all such an expert here, wish I could be more detailed and experienced as you do. Most of my previous experiences are down to the digital arts and video game industry. The factors in print and physical products are much much more different.

I have read all comments carefully here and at KS, perhaps it's best to make a new topic and make a table of manufacturers listed with pros and cons, and update it frequently to make decisions better ( I might do that soon with help of you ), or maybe it's a topic only suited for graphic designers.

Our main reason to choose NPCC was to giving other manufacturers more chances to raise. The other reason that made us closer to NPCC was Nicole Aroe's Ragnarok deck printed by them. But with all the feedback so far, we came down to these main factors:

A- Overall quality of everything + brand awareness ( USPCC & Cartamundi is doing this nicely )
B- Waiting time for production ( 4 months for USPCC is long )
C- Covid situation for shipping internationally ( US located are a better option for this I guess )
D- Communication with manufacturers ( which I really liked about GW, they responded so quickly every time I had a question )

Costs are not an issue for us but this could be a factor as well.

Below are the listed companies I know so far:

-USPCC & GW ( except for registration that Alex mentioned + waiting time, everything else was good, I guess they do better with vector-based designs, not so sure about this )

-Cartamundi ( pretty much like USPCC )

-WPJC ( almost new to me )

-EPCC (totally new to me)
-LPCC (totally new to me)
-TWPCC (totally new to me)

-NPCC (average but getting better )
-MPC M30, M31 or M32 (average)
-Hanson-Chien (totally new to me)

Perhaps it's safer to stick with USPCC & GW for the second volume (because we already sorted technical things with them at the first volume which saves time) and try other one's overtime for newer projects, I'm eager to try Cartamundi and WPJC based on what you said. But NPCC is off the list for now.
This waiting time of USPCC is bothering us more, but for sake of quality, it worth the waiting.

Thank you so much for your time and help guys!