Beowulf - KWP Shorts

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Beowulf - KWP Shorts

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Another banger from Jackson coming up. Man is on fire lately, if you ask me.

1DFB61F9-90D8-47C2-A3A7-4A083F43D96D.jpeg
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

Re: Beowulf - KWP Shorts

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

This year's subs hit jackpot... I'm a literature geek, and having Robin Hood + Beowulf is just

"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€-- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgyβ„’ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

β™  ♦ β€»Portfolio 52β€» β™₯ ♣
Harvonsgard

LOL... have never seen that before.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Decknowledgy wrote: ↑Thu May 21, 2020 3:55 am This year's subs hit jackpot... I'm a literature geek, and having Robin Hood + Beowulf is just
Dude, you forgot the biggest one of all: LOTR on KS!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Beowolf just did it because he had to fight a dragon with one arm tied behind his back.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Harvonsgard

Yum yum.

3C6B07A8-7C70-495C-9E96-409D851479EE.jpeg
3C6B07A8-7C70-495C-9E96-409D851479EE.jpeg (496.95 KiB) Viewed 6363 times

PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Who is this going to be printed with?
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I think these look great!
Harvonsgard

PiazzaDelivery wrote: ↑Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:23 pm Who is this going to be printed with?
I don't follow KWP as avid as in my early days so, take it for what it's worth; I'd say EPCC. Like Robin Hood.
It looks like Jackson wants foil and only on reliable partner can deliver what he wants.

Unrelated to the printer but noice:

D6038A17-4D32-4B77-BC95-DF73276CB097.jpeg
D6038A17-4D32-4B77-BC95-DF73276CB097.jpeg (619.69 KiB) Viewed 6320 times

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

This deck is slowly starting to grow on me. I still prefer Robin Hood, but not bad.
Harvonsgard

I slightly prefer the diptych Joker of Robin Hood but overall Beowulf takes the cake for me. The wood carving optic is just 🀀.
If the tuck is similarly gorgeus as Robin Hood and maybe the cards even more tweaked due to the experience with Holo Legal Tender and Robin Hood, then it wouldn't even be close for me.

Did someone see the back design yet?

PiazzaDelivery

I’m just worried that if the printer is EPCC, that problems reported with Robin Hood will affect Beowulf. The artwork is amazing and Jackson is outdoing himself over and over again, but I can’t justify a purchase if the deck is to be sticky and some gold flakes rub off of the cards. Just going off of what I read in the Robin Hood thread.
JacksonRobinson
βœ” VERIFIED Designer
βœ” VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

PiazzaDelivery wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:01 am I’m just worried that if the printer is EPCC, that problems reported with Robin Hood will affect Beowulf. The artwork is amazing and Jackson is outdoing himself over and over again, but I can’t justify a purchase if the deck is to be sticky and some gold flakes rub off of the cards. Just going off of what I read in the Robin Hood thread.
We have greatly improved if not solved the handling and "clumpy" issue we had on our first foil decks like robin hood, vhs, and the first Legal Tender. We just received the newest print run of Legal Tender and both looks awesome, it also handles incredibly well straight out of the box. Give us another chance, we've been working really hard to get all the aspects as "right" as we can. ;) BeoWulf will be produced using the same tweaks we observed with the new Legal Tender.
Harvonsgard

Tuck box draft.

25D25818-792E-4562-8A02-F7AE0667649B.jpeg
25D25818-792E-4562-8A02-F7AE0667649B.jpeg (359.89 KiB) Viewed 6134 times

supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:47 am Tuck box draft.

25D25818-792E-4562-8A02-F7AE0667649B.jpeg
V nice. Where did u see this? (Or I guess, which video did you see this?) Is this the gilded book case?
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I like this tuck design over Robin Hood, which seemed a bit plain by comparison. The Lettering on the tuck is cool.
Harvonsgard

supernova wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 amV nice. Where did u see this? (Or I guess, which video did you see this?) Is this the gilded book case?
Never give away your sources πŸ˜‰.
I doubt it's the gilded book case, since it resembles the standard/limited Robin Hood tuck box in form and Jackson just showed how the gilded Robin Hood deck box will look like (picture in the Robin Hood thread from his recent wednesday weekly update).

Harvonsgard

A bit too much Gold foil details for my liking but I still like the AoS:

0192A527-4251-4052-85C3-66BF7049DC39.jpeg
0192A527-4251-4052-85C3-66BF7049DC39.jpeg (614.7 KiB) Viewed 5974 times

Picknflick
White Whale: Culminus Infiniti and Avernum
Decks Owned: 24

Unread post by Picknflick »

Would it be possible to get my hands on this even if I can’t afford the whole subscription, or am I relegated to aftermarket?
Ice_Panda
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

sub for one month then cancel :)
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I don't know if there are any open slots. I know that the final available slots got filled for Robin Hood. A few may have dropped out right after Robin Hood when Don't Tread on Me came out the following month...Okay, I checked. From the KWP it looks like there might be some regular limited subscription slots available, but I can't tell how many. All of the Gilded slots are sold out according to the website.
Picknflick
White Whale: Culminus Infiniti and Avernum
Decks Owned: 24

Unread post by Picknflick »

Shit, fair enough! I’ll take a look!
Thanks.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Not usually a KWP fan, but his literature based decks are always his best works from what I've seen and own. I'd love to pick up a Robin Hood sometime and maybe this too, the LOTR decks are going to be amazing if these are any indication!
Harvonsgard

Picknflick wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:36 pm Would it be possible to get my hands on this even if I can’t afford the whole subscription, or am I relegated to aftermarket?
All subscription decks run through the same cycle. Released to Shorts subscribers. The month after the release, they get released to members (of the other subscriptions) only and afterwards to the public - given there is a rest of course.
So if you're arent anxious to miss out you can just wait for the public release.
If this deck sells out in a heartbeat, Jackson will have you covered by reprinting them. He did with all of his popular and demanded decks.

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

If this deck sells out in a heartbeat, Jackson will have you covered by reprinting them. He did with all of his popular and demanded decks.
I don't recall hearing Jackson say that the Beowulf deck will be massively available, but I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't print a ton of them like he did for Robin Hood and make them easily available at $15. However, the subscription (limited) version and the gilded version will be harder to acquire. I don't expect any extras to get past the release to subscribers, but I could be mistake. I tried checking how many Robin Hood decks are currently available, but I am not getting a limit. I was able to get a check on the number when they were first released and it was something like 2,700. Again, for $15 this would be a no-brainer in my opinion.

The nice thing for folks is as more of these get put into the easily available category, it is more practical to wait and pick up a number of desired decks at one time and safe on shipping.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Just checked on Robin Hood. There's over 2000 available.

Only 1173 Haunted 8's V2 for you members to get for $12 until Saturday's $15 increase for the general public.
Move on, nothing to see here.
PiazzaDelivery

RichK wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:08 pm Just checked on Robin Hood. There's over 2000 available.

Only 1173 Haunted 8's V2 for you members to get for $12 until Saturday's $15 increase for the general public.
Haunted 8 is a V2???
Harvonsgard

Yup. October 2018 was the first one released, if I remember correctly.

PiazzaDelivery

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:06 pm Yup. October 2018 was the first one released, if I remember correctly.
Is the only difference the foiling and that red X that's faded on the newer ones? I'm just going off of what I can see in the before and after pictures.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Below photo includes the original 2018 Haunted 8's, which were themselves based on the Crazy 8 deck from even earlier...