LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER! Vintage Label Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CLCPC Studio 52

Vintage Label Wine Deck Collection

Unread post by CLCPC Studio 52 »

Hello everyone,

I would just like to share the current work in progress preview for the complete Vintage Label Wine Deck Collection as well as tell you a bit more about the decks.

About this collection -
Inspired by vintage wine bottle labelling from the 1900's, I had a vision to create a wine themed collection of decks.

The first decks for this collection premiered on Kickstarter in 2019 in a Premier Edition Black deck (for a traditionally pressed deck set) and in Private Reserve White deck (for the vintage pressed deck set).

The Private Reserve decks include wine label themed playing card designs, a collectable wine bottle card inside the deck, plus additional wine glass betting cards and cork screw dealer card for playing poker.

The Private Reserve Decks also include a cork screw illustration on the back of the Tuck Box to fortify the wine themefor the collection which will soon continue with a collection of 6 wine bottle decks in a range of wine flavours before finishing the collection with 2 Royal Reserve Decks in silver and gold.

ALso included in this collection is a set of Signature Edition SIlver GIlded Private Reserve decks that include detailed wine themed court card illustrations depicting portraits of wine connoisseurs (Spades), winery estates (Hearts), wIne processing methods and equipment (Diamonds), types of wine storage (Clubs). The Signature Editions are limied to just 500 decks and all other decks for the collection are limited to 1900 decks.

Thankyou to everyone for taking the time to read more about this collection and for those following and backing us on Kickstarter, many thanks to you guys and I hope that you like this update and where my vision and progress for this collection is coming along :)

If this is the first time you have seen this collection and/or you are interested in following us on Kickstarter, I will be launching the next decks for this collection on October 7th 2020 and you can follow the link below to view the Kickstarter preview page and click the notify button to receive a notification when the new decks launch.

Launch Day Backers receive a 'FREE' Signature Edition Silver Gilded Deck Upgrade, plus a 'FREE' Online Design Tool (Vaued at US$185) that allows you to create your very own fully custom decks by selecting from a catalogue of designer playing card templates, tuck box templates, box seal templates and more! Simply choose your templates then add your own customisations and text to your design to create your very own unique deck of playing cards! (Free design tool offer is exclusive to Kickstarter and is valued at US$185).

View Kickstarter preview page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... erve-black

Hope to have you supporting us :)

Kindest Regards,
Craig
Attachments
v_MG_0369.jpg
Official wine collection set pic.png
brownsl
Collector: Yes
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Re: Coming Soon to KS (FREE GILDED DECK UPGRADES ON LAUNCH DAY)

Unread post by brownsl »

I like Craig's decks but the first Vintage Label campaign had my head spinning with all the different variants, very confusing. Still have no idea what I got compared to what I could have gotten. I will regrettably be sitting this one out.
CLCPC Studio 52

Re: VIntage Label Wine Deck Collection

Hello everyone,

I would just like to share the current work in progress preview for the complete Vintage Label Wine Deck Collection as well as tell you a bit more about the decks.

About this collection -
Inspired by vintage wine bottle labelling from the 1900's, I had a vision to create a wine themed collection of decks.

The first decks for this collection premiered on Kickstarter in 2019 in a Premier Edition Black deck (for a traditionally pressed deck set) and in Private Reserve White deck (for the vintage pressed deck set).

The Private Reserve decks include wine label themed playing card designs, a collectable wine bottle card inside the deck, plus additional wine glass betting cards and cork screw dealer card for playing poker.

The Private Reserve Decks also include a cork screw illustration on the back of the Tuck Box to fortify the wine themefor the collection which will soon continue with a collection of 6 wine bottle decks in a range of wine flavours before finishing the collection with 2 Royal Reserve Decks in silver and gold.

Also included in this collection is a set of Signature Edition SIlver GIlded Private Reserve decks that include detailed wine themed court card illustrations depicting portraits of wine connoisseurs (Spades), winery estates (Hearts), wIne processing methods and equipment (Diamonds), types of wine storage (Clubs). The Signature Editions are limied to just 500 decks and all other decks for the collection are limited to 1900 decks.

Thankyou to everyone for taking the time to read more about this collection and for those following and backing us on Kickstarter, many thanks to you guys and I hope that you like this update and where my vision and progress for this collection is coming along :)

If this is the first time you have seen this collection and/or you are interested in following us on Kickstarter, I will be launching the next decks for this collection on October 7th 2020 and you can follow the link below to view the Kickstarter preview page and click the notify button to receive a notification when the new decks launch.

Launch Day Backers receive a 'FREE' Signature Edition Silver Gilded Deck Upgrade, plus a 'FREE' Online Design Tool (Vaued at US$185) that allows you to create your very own fully custom decks by selecting from a catalogue of designer playing card templates, tuck box templates, box seal templates and more! Simply choose your templates then add your own customisations and text to your design to create your very own unique deck of playing cards! (Free design tool offer is exclusive to Kickstarter and is valued at US$185).

View Kickstarter preview page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... erve-black

Hope to have you supporting us :)

Kindest Regards,
Craig
Attachments
v_MG_0369.jpg
CLCPC Studio 52

LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER! Vintage Label Playing Cards

Dear Playing Card Enthusiasts,

Finally, the time has arrived for the continuation of the Vintage Label Wine/Deck collection on Kickstarter!

*Please see launch details for this Kickstarter below and follow the link to the Kickstarter page if you would like to view and/or acquire the new editions of Vintage Label Playing Cards to add to your Vintage Label Wine/Deck Collection.

Vintage Label Playing Cards is LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... n=cf4f59df

*Launch Day Backer Bonus:
FREE Kickstarter Exclusive [SILVER GILDED] Signature Edition Private Reserve Black Deck upgrade if you back Vintage Label Playing Cards on Day 1 of the Kickstarter launch!
Simply pledge for a Silver Gilded Private Reserve Black Deck on launch day and you will receive a Kickstarter Exclusive signature version, which features a fully custom illustrated set of Silver Gilded Playing Cards, sealed within a wine themed deck with silver gilded card edging, silver foil box seal and illustrator?s signature.

Stretch Goals include free gilded decks upgrades, bonus free decks plus an exclusive reward of Royal Crown Playing Card Company's FREE Deck Builder Toolkit (Version 2.0) for all Kickstarter supporters! which is a free online design tool for creating your very own fully custom decks of playing cards from RCPCC's range of free downloadable and editable playing card design templates!

Vintage Label Playing Cards is LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75 ... n=cf4f59df

Thankyou for viewing our project and hope to have you supporting us!

Kindest Regards,
Craig Lewis Maidment
Royal Crown Playing Card Co.
Attachments
v_MG_0369.jpg
Stud722
Player: Yes

Re: LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER! Vintage Label Playing Cards

Unread post by Stud722 »

So if I pledge for the Exclusive Premier and Reserve Offer, I would still have to add on a gilded deck to get a free first day deck? Sorry I am a bit confused.
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

Craig, thank you for coming to UC again - we value having creators on here.

I do need to ask, though: what is being created new for this Kickstarter? Everything listed on this new campaign was available in the last campaign.

And my main criticism of your campaign last time was how confusing the whole thing is. Stud 722 is already posting their confusion, and frankly, I'm still confused despite backing your last 2 campaigns. Is the white deck the Private Reserve or the Premier Edition? Are these (unnecessary) recolors listed in the above photo going to be part fo this campaign? If not, why list them? No one understands how the optional gilding works. Names and explanations are not consistent.
CLCPC Studio 52

Hi guys!,

To answer your questions,

Stud722, if any pledge tier has a silver gilded deck listed in it or added to it, then it will be upgraded to the exclusive signature version as part of the free launch day bonus.

To optain the signature edition you will need to adjust your pledge on launch day so that it will include a silver gilded deck to secure the Kickstarter exclusive signature version of the deck.

aardvarkgod, the new vintage label decks being launched are firstly the Premier Edition White poker/magic deck, which is being launched in gilded and non gilded editions to complete the Vintage Label poker magic deck sets, and secondly the Private Reserve Black Deck, which is being launched in gilded and non gilded version to continue the Vintage Label Wine/Deck Collection, as well as the alternate art signature version of this deck which is the Kickstarter exclusive deck that is limited to 500 prints.

aardvarkgod, The reason for posting the picture of all the decks in the collection is to give backers a visualisation of the complete design concept for the wine/deck collection so they have an idea of my vision for this art piece that I am hoping to create to cature my passion for playing card design and vintage wine collecting and wine producing.

aardvarkgod, as for how the gilding upgrades work, they are just optional bonus upgrades for backers to reward them with gilded editions of the decks as a thankyou for raising their pledge total or by helping us reach stretch goals in the campaign. Backers can either pledge directly for the gilded editions or pledge for non gilded editions in certain reward tiers and either add any deck to receive the option after the kickstarter to upgrade to gilded editions for free if we reach stretch goals to unlock the free upgrade options, or have a specific deck upgraded for free depecnding on what is listed in each tiers description.

With all my Kickstarters, as daunting and confusing they may seem, instead of me simply listing decks like an online store for purchase, it is just in my nature to offer as many incentives and thankyou bonuses as I can as part of my campaigning efforts for raising funds to support my projects as well as wanting to show my appreciation to backers for the support I receive from them.
Stud722

Unread post by Stud722 »

Thank you for the response CLCPC. I have decided to cancel my pledge as the cost goes up dramatically to ensure the launch day special. If I am understanding correctly, the level I chose is AU$65 and then I would need to add on 2 gilded decks each at a price of AU$43. Out of my comfort zone for this project. Good luck with your project.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

WAY too expensive imo
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

This be me agreeing with what others have said, $pen$ive. I am clearly not the target audience for this MPC deck. Best of luck with your campaign! I hope it succeeds for those who love it and you have success. :)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
aardvarkgod

Craig - I appreciate your attempts at clarity, but it all really seems to be the exact same deck with a slightly different tuck. Can you tell me the difference between the Premier White deck versus the (seemingly identical) Private Reserve White deck?

And, considering all the decks look the same, do you not see how it's weird that you would offer the Premier Black and Private White in one campaign, but then Private Black and Premier White in a different campaign? Adding different yet similar empty adjectives in front of a deck without much discernable difference in said decks leads to a lot of confusion that accompanies your campaigns. And using the exact same photographs between the campaigns doesn't really help much either.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

This project is way too bloated to raise my interest.

Just to clarify: I'm all in for designer/artists following their vision but just to leave my 2 cents for what its worth...
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
aardvarkgod

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:28 pm This project is way too bloated to raise my interest.

Just to clarify: I'm all in for designer/artists following their vision but just to leave my 2 cents for what its worth...
Lol. I feel like your edit came because I liked/thanked your post and you wanted to declare that you didn't necessary agree with me. I'm all for creators trying to express their vision, but that vision needs to be a bit easier to follow for everyone else if you want people on board. And Craig, sorry if I'm coming off harsh, I just truly am trying to understand this convoluted mess.
Stud722

Unread post by Stud722 »

aardvarkgod wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:50 pm
Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:28 pm This project is way too bloated to raise my interest.

Lol. I feel like your edit came because I liked/thanked your post and you wanted to declare that you didn't necessary agree with me. I'm all for creators trying to express their vision, but that vision needs to be a bit easier to follow for everyone else if you want people on board. And Craig, sorry if I'm coming off harsh, I just truly am trying to understand this convoluted mess.
I totally agree with this. There are so many options, with so many variables, with caveats, and stipulations. I actually quite like the style but it looks so similar to the first campaign as well. So many real questions. Too hard to follow the plan of the creator. And the price of this, it is a bit much if you ask me.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

aardvarkgod wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:50 pm Lol. I feel like your edit came because I liked/thanked your post and you wanted to declare that you didn't necessary agree with me.
Haha, yes and no. I completely agree with you, if a creator wants/needs my personal funds then her/his project would have to be more laid out/clearer/less all over the place.
I just didn't want to only leave the project is bloated line πŸ˜ƒ.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
GandalfTheWhite
Decks Owned: 56

Unread post by GandalfTheWhite »

It just could be me. Nothing against the creator etc. I started reading the campaign, got excited about the free upgrade in the first 24 hours, but midway through I got super confused, read again, still got confused, so decided I am good without getting the deck. So unfortunately due to this I didn't back. Awesome tuck box and designs. Wishing good luck for the campaign.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Well, I've got this to say. At least you know exactly what color swaps and how many of them will be coming out for this series, unlike some deck series UC has been hating on. :D
aardvarkgod

GandalfTheWhite wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:37 pm It just could be me. Nothing against the creator etc. I started reading the campaign, got excited about the free upgrade in the first 24 hours, but midway through I got super confused, read again, still got confused, so decided I am good without getting the deck. So unfortunately due to this I didn't back. Awesome tuck box and designs. Wishing good luck for the campaign.
I have a ton of the black deck (whichever version it was supposed to be) from the first campaign if you want some :lol:
Eric Lee wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:40 pm Well, I've got this to say. At least you know exactly what color swaps and how many of them will be coming out for this series, unlike some deck series UC has been hating on.
This I can at least appreciate. Yes it adds confusion to the campaign, but you get a sense for what is to come. I just feel it's putting the cart before the horse, which is another problem this particular creator has.
CLCPC Studio 52

Hey guys,

To help with the confusion when backing this project, here is some info that may help -

The reward tiers in this Kickstarter list all the bonus incentives they include which may seem daunting, but basically if you look at the rewards listed in dot point form at the bottom of each reward tier, they tell you the core rewards you will be getting if you pledge for that reward tier. In this campaign, backers are rewarded extra when we reach higher stretch goals or if they add on decks to their pledge rewards, which is when all the extra free bonuses listed in the pledge level details come into play.

Although somewhat daunting to read the reward tiers, my purpose for adding all the extras to each of the pledge levels is to reward backers as much as I can for their generous amounts of support of this project.

Basically just pledge for the decks you like that are listed in dot form in the reward tiers and then during the Kickstarter you may get extra free rewards added to your rewards depending on what funding goals we reach or be rewarded extra if you choose to add on more decks to your pledge at any time during the Kickstarter to help us reach our funding goals.

Hope this info helps and thankyou for your generous support of our playing cards :)

Kindest Regards,
Craig