Wonder Playing Cards - LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
crhage

Re: Wonder Playing Cards - KS Aug 15th

Unread post by crhage »

Fes wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:47 pm Thank you for offering up the render, I think you keyed in on it's hard to see in the minds eye. I still have trouble envisioning "hologild" even with the render. Just something that's hard to picture without seeing it I think. Seen lots of other gilds, not this though. Interesting, I may have to pick one up just to get me a looksee all up close with me own paws.

Tossing it out there, anyone know of a deck with hologilding? I'm the curious sort now. :) Closest thing I can come up with in me own collection is that bike deck CPC tossed out with the glitter shine whatsit (prism maybe?) gild stuff on and that ain't holo.
I believe Jackson Robinson did a hologilded 20/20 deck.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Well I'm most likely out on this campaign. The decks are going to be close to $20 with shipping factored in. If that included the holo tuck (without the gilded cards) I'd be in. But I don't want a gilded deck, especially a $40 one. I still think these are nice, just not for me at this price point.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Fes wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:47 pm Tossing it out there, anyone know of a deck with hologilding?
TWI Gold Monoliths are holo gilded. Legal Tender will have a holo gilded release this Saturday as well and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a Bicycle deck that is holo gilded? I think it was the Unicorn deck.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
chicken_ql

Unread post by chicken_ql »

gemini decks recently release holo gilded decks. the spud decks did it a while back. the 2020 january kwp decks were holo gilded as well
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

vasta41 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:57 pm Well I'm most likely out on this campaign. The decks are going to be close to $20 with shipping factored in. If that included the holo tuck (without the gilded cards) I'd be in. But I don't want a gilded deck, especially a $40 one. I still think these are nice, just not for me at this price point.
I’ll share the campaign this weekend so you can see all the tiers. The prices are comparable to other custom projects with high end custom tucks, so maybe you’ll find a tier that suits you.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Here’s the campaign preview link for you guys to check out.

If you like what you see, I’d love to hear from you and have your support when the campaign goes live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/w ... n=ecf77bca
Aces_Rye
Collector: Yes

Unread post by Aces_Rye »

Looks great!
Question: Aside from the numbered seal, is the only difference between the standard and limited tuck white foil vs. silver foil?
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Aces_Rye wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:51 am Looks great!
Question: Aside from the numbered seal, is the only difference between the standard and limited tuck white foil vs. silver foil?
Great question!

There are three tucks:
1. Regular tuck with white and blue foil and no seal
2. Limited tuck with silver and blue foil with numbered seal. This one has a silver gilded deck inside. This one is only available in the Collectors Box set and there will only be 250 made.
3. Holographic Limited tuck with holographic gilded deck. This one also has a numbered seal. I expect this one to be limited to less than 200 made and might be less than 150 total. We’ll know when the campaign ends.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

TL:DR I've condensed the novel into three lines. ;)

This campaign has (the nuts and butter regular non-gilded) decks that are expen$ive. I don't think shipping is included domestic (certainly not international) and combined with Art of Play shipping decks are going to be even more expen$ive. There's loads of competition out there so I'll wish the campaign well and step aside.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Fes wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:49 pm TL:DR I've condensed the novel into three lines. ;)

This campaign has (the nuts and butter regular non-gilded) decks that are expen$ive. I don't think shipping is included domestic (certainly not international) and combined with Art of Play shipping decks are going to be even more expen$ive. There's loads of competition out there so I'll wish the campaign well and step aside.
Thanks for taking a look anyway. Yes, I’m charging actual shipping rates and coincidentally AOP has updated their shipping and it’s just about exactly the same as the competition. I offered free shipping on the last campaign for certain tiers and I can’t tell you how many shipments actually cost more in shipping than the pledge amounts. There were several. I do hope my international friends will give this a look even though shipping internationally is quite expensive.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

If you haven’t taken a look at the page lately, go take a look. I’ve added another Early Bird Tier and increased the early birds available at the $35 tier. I also noticed an error on the collector box price. It should be $40.

Still making some updates, so let me know if you see anything or have questions.

Thanks for the interest and input so far. Much appreciated!
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Ok, guys go take a look. The early birds are out there. Also included are a few tiers with free US Shipping.

Things are shaping up to be a nice launch! See you there.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Here are the stickers for the upcoming campaign. The holographic ones will be sweet!

Also, did a mock-up of a big W alternative sticker. Which one do you like better?
1775D6D9-4BA1-4F48-BDFB-8EEA8832E124.png
413C7688-8CEC-409F-B42C-0B6B6F660030.png
Fes

Unread post by Fes »

Hi Chris, I think you should go with your gut on your sticker. It's your brand, what do you think pushes it better and which direction to you want it pushed in? The big W reminds me of Wonka and it makes me want to see the second deck. The Spade sticker has a little section that strikes me as, grr, in the design but it's a more playing card-esque.

I prefer a nice smooth line there but that's just me. Other eyes probably won't care so much, I just think it's a bit off balance there. That's more of a critique and not much of a I like this one over that one, I know. It's a sticker though and I feel like that's more personal to your brand since they tend to get stuck places. Like having a little mini billboard smacked to the whatevers of the world in various locations. :)
We can still be friends.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Thanks for the input here guys. We're going live tomorrow August 15th at noon. See you on Kickstarter!

Also, USPCC already has the artwork so we're in the queue.
Fes

Unread post by Fes »

And it's live. Best of luck! I'm sure this campaign will do very well. It's loaded from tip to top with Wonder. It can't help but bring the smiles out of folks and that usually means wallets come out too. :)

($hipping is very nice by the way)
We can still be friends.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

I like the back design and tuck, but standard courts and not so nice shipping to EU make it a pass for me.
Fes

Unread post by Fes »

KS search is broken again, here's a link to the campaign. Wonder Playing Cards. Beautiful playing cards for everyday gameplay. Printed by The United States Playing Card Company.
Hope KS gets it's act together this has been happening more and more lately.

We can still be friends.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I like the tuck and back a lot but I find the courts too boring. I think the courts don't really match the tuck and backs artistically. Seems like missed potential to me.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Fes wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:16 pm KS search is broken again, here's a link to the campaign. Wonder Playing Cards. Beautiful playing cards for everyday gameplay. Printed by The United States Playing Card Company.
Hope KS gets it's act together this has been happening more and more lately.

Thank you! I''ve reached out to KS for support. Let's hope it gets fixed.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

brownsl wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:29 pm I like the tuck and back a lot but I find the courts too boring. I think the courts don't really match the tuck and backs artistically. Seems like missed potential to me.
I'm a big fan of the classic court look personally. I didn't want to change those too much. I did add the metallic ink and some other slight changes, but I certainly understand we all have our own tastes in what we like.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

crhage wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:34 pm
brownsl wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:29 pm I like the tuck and back a lot but I find the courts too boring. I think the courts don't really match the tuck and backs artistically. Seems like missed potential to me.
I'm a big fan of the classic court look personally. I didn't want to change those too much. I did add the metallic ink and some other slight changes, but I certainly understand we all have our own tastes in what we like.
Definitely appreciate you being involved in UC and I wish you success with your campaign! I look forward to your future projects.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Doing well so far. Passed the 51% mark at 7 hours.

833 more hours to go. 😁
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

80% funded in just over 24 hours. Update posted on Kickstarter.
Fes

Unread post by Fes »

Nice strong start with great momentum. I like the excitement. :)
We can still be friends.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

We are sooooo close to being funded. Only $700 away. Who wants to make a big pledge? :)
crhage

Re: Wonder Playing Cards - LIVE on KS

Unread post by crhage »

Well we've blown past the funding goal and our 1st stretch goal! We're headed towards our 2nd stretch goal at $20K which will be custom half-brick boxes.

Also, we just announced the availability of holographic gilded decks. Camp
holo fernando final.png
aign has 24 days remaining!
Fes

Unread post by Fes »

Nice, congratulations Chris! :)
The campaign is rolling a long quite strong.
We can still be friends.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

We’re about to our $20k stretch goal.

Also, the collectors boxes are more than halfway gone.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Fes wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:47 pm Thank you for offering up the render, I think you keyed in on it's hard to see in the minds eye. I still have trouble envisioning "hologild" even with the render. Just something that's hard to picture without seeing it I think. Seen lots of other gilds, not this though. Interesting, I may have to pick one up just to get me a looksee all up close with me own paws.

Tossing it out there, anyone know of a deck with hologilding? I'm the curious sort now. :) Closest thing I can come up with in me own collection is that bike deck CPC tossed out with the glitter shine whatsit (prism maybe?) gild stuff on and that ain't holo.

Fes - Here you go.

https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.ph ... 1&start=60