Pineapple Fontaine

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
jerichoholic
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Pineapple Fontaine

Unread post by jerichoholic »

They surprise released these AFTER they sold out the Aqua Berry's and had already charged everyone shipping, so basically double dipping! Still some available it seems. 2500 printed in Taiwan like the Aqua Berry. Guess he's found a cheaper way of producing them. He also has opened up a physical store not that anyone here cares, lol.

Edit - I know he produced it in Taiwan because USPC was shut down, at least he claims. My comment was meant as speculation more than anything, don't have a cow.

Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Pineapple Fontaine

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

jerichoholic wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:36 pm 2500 printed in Taiwan like the Aqua Berry. Guess he's found a cheaper way of producing them.
What did Zach do to hurt you? Did he touch you at a wrong spot?
If nobody in here cares why posting it then? So desperate for the validation Magik so accurately mentioned before?
Maybe do some research before posting shit then you would have known why these were printed in Taiwan.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

jerichoholic wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:36 pm He also has opened up a physical store not that anyone here cares, lol.
Wow that's a serious move. I think it's interesting he went that route. He has a successful brand but there's more work involved with a brick and mortar. Good for him.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Welllllll....
So there were 2 drops today, Aqua Berry which were announced 3 days ago ---> an boom.... sold out in less than 2 minutes (@online store)
and 2 hours later a surprise drop of pineapple fontaines.. --> sold out in ~6 minutes (@online store, as far as i can trust instagram comments)

Each of those both decks have a limited print run of 2500 decks so i have to guess !! that approximately 50-60% were available online (which means 50-40% are the decks sold in the LA Store + some private reserve)

Good for him, and of course the decks sell faster than you can spell "fontaine cards" :D but the thing is... many people get pi**ed of those limited 2500 releases with missing it (just read the insta comments).
Even the 10k print runs are sold out in a few miuntes. So maybe the 2500 runs are some kind of strategy to keep the hype alive, which seems to work great for Zach. Good for him.

The thing i'm curious about.., what does he sell in the LA physical store beside the few hoodies and snapbacks if all the decks are sold out that fast ??
(this is all about curiosity from myself... the "Fontaine" brand is based on playing cards in extension with some merch (like hoodies & snapbacks), so if he doesn't have any cards left how could this make any sense ??
Maybe he plans to print some editions with unlimited print run for the store ? i don't know. We will see.)

All in all i wish him a great success with his store and his brand ! He has a plan for sure.
supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

Azid wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 pm The thing i'm curious about.., what does he sell in the LA physical store beside the few hoodies and snapbacks if all the decks are sold out that fast ??
(this is all about curiosity from myself... the "Fontaine" brand is based on playing cards in extension with some merch (like hoodies & snapbacks), so if he doesn't have any cards left how could this make any sense ??
Maybe he plans to print some editions with unlimited print run for the store ? i don't know. We will see.)
Good point. I’m curious too.
Actually I’m keen to try out this card stock from Taiwan. But am not willing to pay for Echo blacks etc. Not sure if there are other cards that are printed on same stock.
oddsmaker003
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by oddsmaker003 »

Harvonsgard wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:02 pm
jerichoholic wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:36 pm 2500 printed in Taiwan like the Aqua Berry. Guess he's found a cheaper way of producing them.
If nobody in here cares why posting it then? So desperate for the validation Magik so accurately mentioned before?
Maybe do some research before posting shit then you would have known why these were printed in Taiwan.
Since when does a person have to do research prior to commenting on a post? 😂
oddsmaker003
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by oddsmaker003 »

Azid wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 pm Welllllll....
So there were 2 drops today, Aqua Berry which were announced 3 days ago ---> an boom.... sold out in less than 2 minutes (@online store)
and 2 hours later a surprise drop of pineapple fontaines.. --> sold out in ~6 minutes (@online store, as far as i can trust instagram comments)

Each of those both decks have a limited print run of 2500 decks so i have to guess !! that approximately 50-60% were available online (which means 50-40% are the decks sold in the LA Store + some private reserve)

Good for him, and of course the decks sell faster than you can spell "fontaine cards" :D but the thing is... many people get pi**ed of those limited 2500 releases with missing it (just read the insta comments).
Even the 10k print runs are sold out in a few miuntes. So maybe the 2500 runs are some kind of strategy to keep the hype alive, which seems to work great for Zach. Good for him.

The thing i'm curious about.., what does he sell in the LA physical store beside the few hoodies and snapbacks if all the decks are sold out that fast ??

All in all i wish him a great success with his store and his brand ! He has a plan for sure.
No mystery here. Zach’s playbook is the Supreme business model. Next he will have small in store drops everyday. Limited stock say 2 bricks so the first 6 people get decks.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

supernova wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:13 pm Actually I’m keen to try out this card stock from Taiwan. But am not willing to pay for Echo blacks etc. Not sure if there are other cards that are printed on same stock.
The price on black echo's isn't that terrible yet. I mean it's only going to go one way. I guess I'm trying to talk myself into it since I'm considering it. :|
Yea, more information is absolutely required. :)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

Fes wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 am
supernova wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:13 pm Actually I’m keen to try out this card stock from Taiwan. But am not willing to pay for Echo blacks etc. Not sure if there are other cards that are printed on same stock.
The price on black echo's isn't that terrible yet. I mean it's only going to go one way. I guess I'm trying to talk myself into it since I'm considering it. :|
Yea, more information is absolutely required. :)
Haha. But I really don’t quite like the same card face on every card. I’m hoping there’s another (non hype, preferably $10-12 or $15 custom) deck that uses the same card manufacturer.
Harvonsgard

oddsmaker003 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:20 pm
Harvonsgard wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:02 pm
Since when does a person have to do research prior to commenting on a post? 😂
Where did I write it's mandatory? It's not a have to but if you don't wanna look like an uneducated fool that isn't just blobing out bullshit, it's kind of a smart move.
I mean, to Victor's defense, he is an uneducated fool that is just hating so, he can't make it worse 🤷🏿‍♀️😆.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
juxtaposed
White Whale: Arabesque Gold
Decks Owned: 31

Unread post by juxtaposed »

Harvonsgard wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:28 am
Where did I write it's mandatory? It's not a have to but if you don't wanna look like an uneducated fool that isn't just blobing out bullshit, it's kind of a smart move.
I mean, to Victor's defense, he is an uneducated fool that is just hating so, he can't make it worse 🤷🏿‍♀️😆.
i don't think post like this is needed.
Harvonsgard

Neither is ignorance.

jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

I know exactly why he printed in Taiwan, because USPC was closed at the time. But it's easy to speculate that it's cheaper to print there which gives him even more profits than he already gets. I am educated well enough and am not ignorant.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Harvonsgard

So despite knowing the facts, you decided to ignore them, like the existence of import duties and taxes, and preferred to make up some stuff. Tells everything about your intention. Case closed.

montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Apple-Pen, Pineapple-Pen
Uh
Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen
Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen

guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Taiwan isn't cheap by any means. I've been in touch with both Hanson Chien and Legends. And, when you factor in the cost of shipping the decks from Taiwan to US, the per deck costs increase there too. Shipping from USPCC factory to GW is free, as an example. USPCC charges a fortune for adding any frills on the tuckbox, by the way. So, if you want to produce a cheaper deck, get the cards printed by USPCC and get the tuckbox printed elsewhere.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

guru wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:05 am Taiwan isn't cheap by any means. I've been in touch with both Hanson Chien and Legends. And, when you factor in the cost of shipping the decks from Taiwan to US, the per deck costs increase there too. Shipping from USPCC factory to GW is free, as an example. USPCC charges a fortune for adding any frills on the tuckbox, by the way. So, if you want to produce a cheaper deck, get the cards printed by USPCC and get the tuckbox printed elsewhere.
The Fontaine tuck boxes are just standard USPCC tuck boxes without any frills, so I would think that USPCC would be cheaper than Taiwan. I think printing in Taiwan was mainly because of USPCC being shutdown due to Covid. I also believe that the low print numbers were due to the fact that it was his first time printing with the Taiwan printer, but only Zach would know for sure.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Point is, someone who has produced as many decks as him should know that changing manufacturers is something people would notice. And knowing that his many loyal followers would notice the change, he should have mentioned why. A one sentence description is all he would need but instead we have speculation. Curious.
Harvonsgard

There is no point. He mentioned it. I unfollowed fontainecards after he went on his live spree attacking followers on instagram but even I got the news that he printed at Taiwan due to the shutdown. So everyone interested (and even some not that interested) in getting that info got it.

Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Harvonsgard wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:04 am Neither is ignorance.
:lol: I have no skin in this discussion, but damn that's ironic coming from you no matter the context. Anyway, it doesn't matter how much he annoys the fans, there will always be more to sell out anything he produces, he's living the dream, all he needs is the paint bucket tool to sell out another 2k+ decks whenever he feels like it, it's crazy.
Harvonsgard

Adonael wrote: :lol: I have no skin in this discussion, but damn that's ironic coming from you no matter the context.
One day you'll be fine, don't worry 😏.

theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

[visible confusion]
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠