Kickstarter Black List

Anything and everything playing cards!
theCapraAegagrus

Re: Kickstarter Black List

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Outsider wrote:I submit Nemesis Factory/Claude for the blacklist. The saga is well documented here for the Enuma Elish deck - switched printers without notice, failed to issue refunds, and at this point, apparently also failed to deliver cards to anyone who had the nerve to demand a refund (in addition to not refunding their money, making it a straight ripoff).

Switching printers is bad, but potentially a rookie mistake. Refusing refunds is shitty; not mailing paid-for cards to those who dared ask for one is thievery. I didn't get burned, but just seeing the thread here I wouldn't do business with this guy if he were selling ice water in hell.
I concur.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
BaconWise
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

This black list is a big reason I love this forum. It's not just "I hate this guy/gal, you should too." Any nomination is backed up by valid information and I see this list a great resource as I learn more about card collecting and find decks I might want to add. Thanks for keeping this up-to-date and I hate to see more added to this list...
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

8. Nemesis Factory Cards

Check out the thread: http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... d919c0c822
Under username: NemesisFactoryCards

Quick summary:
- switch the printer to NPCC 3 months after campaign ended
- ignoring the quality difference
- promise to refund people who demanded for one, but ate his word
- some of the guys who asked for refund did not get refund nor their pledge
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Can we still get this stickied by a mod? Looks like some people have trouble finding it otherwise.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
cardcollector70

Unread post by cardcollector70 »

One of the most intriguing cases I've ever come across was the Black Trauma/Essential Fabrica campaigns. It looked like an outright scam at first, with the creator using a different account to create a second project before the first one was even fulfilled, and people not receiving their decks.

Then upon closer inspection, I realised what was actually happening. The creator had grossly underestimated the cost of the first campaign, the Essential Fabrica, and was in a panic, thus creating a second project, the Black Trauma, to try and cover the cost of the first one. And all went to shit eventually.

So, should a case like this be blacklisted as well? It wasn't a scam but just poor campaign management.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... escription
Harvonsgard

It doesn't matter if straight up scam or just poor managment. If backers receive nothing or not what was promised, up on the black list I say.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

9. Giacomo Rivano (KS name: glitchcarD/Tenchu's Factory)

The creator used two kickstarter account for the two projects. Due to poor cost management, the second project is not delivered because he's not (or not capable) paying the shipping cost to GW. Backers need to be cautious of backing his future decks. His kickstarter registered name is Giacomo Rivano.

Black Trauma (not delivered): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... s/comments
Esssential Fabrica: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/90 ... 0/comments
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Azazaaz
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

I was wondering if we should add Bocopo to that list with all the issues they had with copyright and using non-original material?
Alex
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Azazaaz wrote:I was wondering if we should add Bocopo to that list with all the issues they had with copyright and using non-original material?
I totally assumed Bocopo was already on this list, :lol:. This nomination is completely valid, in my opinion. Bocopy is on my personal blacklist, at the very least.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Harvonsgard

Azazaaz wrote:I was wondering if we should add Bocopo to that list with all the issues they had with copyright and using non-original material?
Totally disagree on that one. They deliver and delivered all of their projects. Copyright and non-original material is another issue that everyone has to think about for himself. I do have E! and EPCC on my personal black list, but would never put them on a somewhat neutral and objective black list, which this one aims to be, if I get it right.

STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I was thinking along the lines of Havrons earlier, just got side tracked before posting. They probably said it better anyway.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Being weaselly is one thing; robbing your backers is another. I am refraining from backing Bocopo, too, but I don't think they deserve to be on the black list because they are not defrauding their backers. Just my two cents.
This space intentionally left blank.
Cardileigh
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Cardileigh »

rousselle wrote:Being weaselly is one thing; robbing your backers is another. I am refraining from backing Bocopo, too, but I don't think they deserve to be on the black list because they are not defrauding their backers. Just my two cents.
Can someone elaborate on how they are being weaslley? I generally love cards published by them...
Harvonsgard

Cardileigh wrote:
rousselle wrote:Being weaselly is one thing; robbing your backers is another. I am refraining from backing Bocopo, too, but I don't think they deserve to be on the black list because they are not defrauding their backers. Just my two cents.
Can someone elaborate on how they are being weaslley? I generally love cards published by them...
They copy pasted designs for their decks which created a fuzz for a lot of collectors. They were pretty ingenious about the origins of their design. Meow Star for example.
Plus they did kickstarter campaigns for already printed decks and ran multiple campaigns (under different accounts) at he same time which is not allowed by kickstarter.

Cardileigh
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Cardileigh »

Harvonsgard wrote:
Cardileigh wrote:
They copy pasted designs for their decks which created a fuzz for a lot of collectors. They were pretty ingenious about the origins of their design. Meow Star for example.
Plus they did kickstarter campaigns for already printed decks and ran multiple campaigns (under different accounts) at he same time which is not allowed by kickstarter.
Whoa! that is pretty damming evidence! My favorite deck is the Snowman Factory. Let me keep that one ;)
JackBrutusPenny

Unread post by JackBrutusPenny »

As a creator, I also think this is a great idea. I agree with @hsbc that it would be grossly unfair to tarnish the reputations of the entrepreneurial creators that bring us these decks for unforeseen delays, so in this area such a list should be very clear and considerate. However, creating a black list (and perhaps 'white' (oh gosh, sounds like it has racial connotation) 'good' list) for projects and creators will only help those that already strive hard to communicate well and deliver what they promise, and will light a fire for those that are otherwise more lax.
JackBrutusPenny

Unread post by JackBrutusPenny »

Perhaps a grey list section? The more collective information people share then the higher standards creators are held to and the more collectors and supporters know what they are getting into.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: Kickstarter Black List (wap)

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Honestly, I’m probably going to blacklist and boycott Kickstarter entirely. They don’t give a crap about backers, only their money. Been scammed so many times. And now when you report a project, like the Dark Deco rip-off, they respond that it isn’t violating any rules! Enough is enough!
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I'm sure they will miss you. :lol: :lol:
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

I have a few to add to the list:
Krishtofor (Charlemagne Playing Cards // SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL)- Never delivered, yet I see overseas sellers selling them

Yassine Boudraa (5 of Spades Playing Cards Deck Dark Edition)- Lied, never delivered. I did find out that he is a Madison minion, and basically scammed just like his idol
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

james001a wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:50 pm I have a few to add to the list:
Krishtofor (Charlemagne Playing Cards // SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL)- Never delivered, yet I see overseas sellers selling them

Yassine Boudraa (5 of Spades Playing Cards Deck Dark Edition)- Lied, never delivered. I did find out that he is a Madison minion, and basically scammed just like his idol
I'm not sure I would add Krishtofor to the Black list.Grey for sure. From the updates, the main issue was due to the fact that decks were held by Russian and Estonian customs. If you believe his updates, he managed to get a few out by driving through the border and ship those out. As for the others, part of the print run was held by the partner and they sold it themselves or to Russian resellers.

Last update on the comments:
As has been said more than once, the manufacturer sells decks. Please check sellers on eBay and etsy, seller is from Russia. The company went into bankruptcy and refuse to compensate for the loss. Now we are raising funds to refund your money. There is nothing more to say except that we also suffered!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I agree with you Eric. I didn’t get my rewards either, but I find it hard to say they didn’t try. Some country’s customs offices are not very professional. I will just leave it at that. I don’t hold that against the creator. That said, it does irritate me a little that the decks are out there, sand I don’t have one being a backer. And my order wasn’t small either....
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I was not able to back the original KS campaign for Charlemagne but I did pick up several of the decks from a couple of different sellers. Definitely would not sit well with me if I had backed and not received my pledge. I have had that happen with other campaigns though.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

As this list has grown and will continue to do so. I'd like to just remind folks. A creator is only as good as their last campaign. If you're backing some people who have yet to fulfill their previous campaign be sure you'd trust them with your lunch. Please remember they do not always deliver even when they've had proven track records with several fulfilled decks. Natalia Silva comes to mind. Him Yau Alvin Cheung of SiShou Playing Cards comes to mind. Could go on but the point is, these people fulfilled many decks then for whatever reason, it doesn't matter decided, they weren't going to fulfill the rest.

Buyer Be Aware.

I see a lot of folks launching campaigns without fulfillment and I felt something should be said. Odds are most of the folks are going to fulfill, just a reminder of reality though. This list, it's going to grow. :|
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
oddsmaker003
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by oddsmaker003 »

Fes wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:21 pm As this list has grown and will continue to do so. I'd like to just remind folks. A creator is only as good as their last campaign. If you're backing some people who have yet to fulfill their previous campaign be sure you'd trust them with your lunch. Please remember they do not always deliver even when they've had proven track records with several fulfilled decks. Natalia Silva comes to mind. Him Yau Alvin Cheung of SiShou Playing Cards comes to mind. Could go on but the point is, these people fulfilled many decks then for whatever reason, it doesn't matter decided, they weren't going to fulfill the rest.

Buyer Be Aware.

I see a lot of folks launching campaigns without fulfillment and I felt something should be said. Odds are most of the folks are going to fulfill, just a reminder of reality though. This list, it's going to grow. :|
I think Kickstarter is actually starting to pay attention to this. It isn’t as easy to run multiple kickstarters as it was in the past.
jerichoholic

I guess you are only listing current/recent creators and not the likes of Erik Mana and others like Crooked Kings from a few years back?
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
jerichoholic

What about Vanda? They've kinda turned into shit lately with their delayed Stories project and lack of communication and updates with a sorry here's a free deck but you pay shipping.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

jerichoholic wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:22 pm What about Vanda? They've kinda turned into shit lately with their delayed Stories project and lack of communication and updates with a sorry here's a free deck but you pay shipping.
I saw and read through the comments on the campaigns. As we are in unprecedented COVID times, I think we need to be patient and kind as sometimes it could be difficult to gauge what else is happening in someone else's world.

It does become difficult when there are no regular updates but sometimes letting go (for a while) is the best bet.

My 2 cents.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Vanda is certainly on a watch list and I'm unlikely to ever backs future project for him again but doesn't belong on this list....yet!

Yes issues happens but for Fs sake just COMMUNICATE! Going dark there is simply no excuse for that.
jerichoholic

[