OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

Unread post by Lotrek »

portcullis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:16 pm
Lotrek wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pm @Portcullis:

Thanks for the heads up, I will launch it 1st of September then, no big deal. My birthday was a good idea but 2 days later is great, too!
Does this guarantee me a sub?
There will probably be a 30-day window for the 2 higher tiers so that everyone who wants to subscribe will be able to without worrying for the limit. The more I think about it the more I believe it will be worth it. At the end of the year patrons will have unique and very limited quantity decks, especially the highest tier. Still working on the details.
In any case it's safer to get something we offer than not to. Even if you end up not liking it that much, there will always be people who would kill (their wallets) to get it off your hands. 8-)
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

It's not limited or so, right? I mean if folks (me included 😅) wanna throw money at you don't stop'em.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
portcullis
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Lotrek wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:22 am
portcullis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:16 pm
Lotrek wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pm @Portcullis:

Thanks for the heads up, I will launch it 1st of September then, no big deal. My birthday was a good idea but 2 days later is great, too!
Does this guarantee me a sub?
There will probably be a 30-day window for the 2 higher tiers so that everyone who wants to subscribe will be able to without worrying for the limit. The more I think about it the more I believe it will be worth it. At the end of the year patrons will have unique and very limited quantity decks, especially the highest tier. Still working on the details.
In any case it's safer to get something we offer than not to. Even if you end up not liking it that much, there will always be people who would kill (their wallets) to get it off your hands. 8-)
OK, sounds like an awesome late birthday present (also August baby).

Lotrek wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 pm Even if you end up not liking it that much

Highly unlikely. I just want a decent chance, living in the wrong half of the planet, at being able to get a sub.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Harvonsgard wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:54 am It's not limited or so, right? I mean if folks (me included 😅) wanna throw money at you don't stop'em.
No, I'm not a cruel person to let you down. If you want to throw me money I won't hold a shield! After the end of the 30 day period though the 2 higher tiers will lock.

Harvonsgard

Do we have some numbers for the highest tier or are you still running the abacus?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Harvonsgard wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 pm Do we have some numbers for the highest tier or are you still running the abacus?
Lotrek is waiting for his special-order calculator to ship. Any time now...

Lotrek Calc.jpg
Lotrek Calc.jpg (152.51 KiB) Viewed 7289 times
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I can't seem to like posts right now. So :lol: Baconwise.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Interesting! I'm afraid of the cost, not just upfront, but because it will be in addition to your usual releases :shock:. Those 30 days may be spent pondering the pros and cons until the last minute lol. If the rewards are only shipped annually that will really save on costs, Gio just switched his Patreon to quarterly for that reason. For the first shipment maybe you can include a membership card of some sort so we can put it in our wallets etc (or frame it? I know at least a few would!) and be 'card-carrying' Oath VIP members :P
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Adonael wrote:For the first shipment maybe you can include a membership card of some sort so we can put it in our wallets etc (or frame it? I know at least a few would!) and be 'card-carrying' Oath VIP members :P
We have to think of a trendy nickname for the group.

- Trekkies I guess that's taken.
- Oathers That has a nice ring to it.
- Greece Monkeys We like our puns here, after all...
- The Greek Stamp Club GSC 4 LIFE, Baby!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I like these nicknames!
Harvonsgard

3 or 4 😆. I like the inside joke of 4 but also the sillyness of 3.

Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

BaconWise wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:48 am [...]
- Greece Monkeys We like our puns here, after all...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Adonael wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:28 am Interesting! I'm afraid of the cost, not just upfront, but because it will be in addition to your usual releases :shock:. Those 30 days may be spent pondering the pros and cons until the last minute lol. If the rewards are only shipped annually that will really save on costs, Gio just switched his Patreon to quarterly for that reason. For the first shipment maybe you can include a membership card of some sort so we can put it in our wallets etc (or frame it? I know at least a few would!) and be 'card-carrying' Oath VIP members :P
I regularly have this conversation in a similar vein with some of my US-based fellow cardists. Not only do those of us living in the "wrong half of the planet" have to contest with a sometimes inhospitable timezone, but currency exchange rates and shipping fees.

"C'mon man it's only US$110, for the brick, you should totally get these"

*casually reminds friend that US postage is included*

*does the maths on US$110+VAT+shipping costs*

With that in mind, I'm mentally preparing myself to impose a budget and I've got everything crossed that Lotrek comes to the party. I sat down and did the maths for this budget, basing it on the other subscriptions I currently hold (both "middle tier" KWP and TWI). My KWP sub washes out at ~AU$70 a month and TWI ~AU$45. If Lotrek were going to be competitive with these, that puts his monthly fee somewhere between US$25 and US$45. I think (hope) it'll be somewhere near the lower end of this continuum, because I can't see Lotrek, if he plans releasing a deck quarterly, charging AU$190+ for a deck (which is what US$45 over 3 months = today).

Today US$35 = ~AU$150, which feels about right. There has to be some ... benefit to us as patrons.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Lotrek wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:45 pm
There will probably be 3 tiers:

-A really low one for those who just want to support with a couple of bucks.
-A medium tier where patrons at the end of the year will be getting a version of 1-2 decks that will not be available outside patreon
-A high tier where patrons will be getting the above plus a copy of a deck printed exclusively for them and strictly limited to them with the option of buying another one.
I'm excited, yet also scared at the same time. Lotrek's idea of low, medium and high may be very different from that we're used to with TGW, TWI and S17. I just hope it's not at the current Oath deck prices of Less, Chronos LE and Mystery! :shock: :? :lol:
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

-A really low one for those who just want to support with a couple of bucks.
-A medium tier where patrons at the end of the year will be getting a version of 1-2 decks that will not be available outside patreon
-A high tier where patrons will be getting the above plus a copy of a deck printed exclusively for them and strictly limited to them with the option of buying another one.
Okay, this is what Lotrek said are his working ideas for his Patron rewards. The first tier is like a couple of bucks a month, and that is given. The second tier is something like one or two decks PER YEAR. Even if it was a $120 deck, that works out to like $10-20 per month. The last tier also includes a really exclusive deck only to Patreon backers at that highest tier. So, even if it is a $180 deck, that still only adds $15 per month to the deck. If I had to guess we are talking something around a $2/month $10-20ish/month and $20-35ish/month tier structure. While KWP has some hefty monthly fees even the standard subscription fee of $30 per month includes 12 exclusive decks (plus shipping), not one to three decks per year. Lorenzo's is a bit different as it is a kind of basket of stuff based on what he produces for the year for $20 per month, but includes several decks. I think it was like six decks last year, plus some other stuff. The $33 per month tier is just adding a super cool frame at the end of the year as well, which I added. Why not?

Anyway, we will know more as it goes forward. One thing that is nice, is you kind of get hit with smaller monthly hits. I like the idea of a backer only Lotrek decks. That is getting me giddy. Not sure what it will cost to add a second deck for that top tier reward deck, but okay. Sign me up. I also really like not having to fight for some super-limited Lotrek release. I don't have fast fingers, and the race to click is getting worse as times goes one. I have always offered Lotrek to just keep my bank account on file and just take what he wants from it. :lol: Now is his chance to do just that. If Lotrek adds a Stamp Collector tier, I am probably going for it. :ugdance:
Eric Lee

Bradius wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:37 am If Lotrek adds a Stamp Collector tier, I am probably going for it. :ugdance:
Stamp collector tier @ The Bradius tier: One of every Greek stamp used that year to ship packages to collectors in a nice stamp collector's file designed by Lotrek. Cover is embossed with 5 hot foils, an industry first! :lol:

How much would you pay for that, Brad? $30, 40 or even 50? :ugthink:
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

We're very close to the final decisions regarding Patreon. Of course the tiers won't be crazily expensive but the rewards will.
Consider it like getting some ultra-rare and awesome decks through monthly installments.

Harvonsgard

Lotrek wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:21 am We're very close to the final decisions regarding Patreon. Of course the tiers won't be crazily expensive but the rewards will.
Consider it like getting some ultra-rare and awesome decks through monthly installments.
Scrape the rare and make them ultra-beautiful and awesome 🤩🤤.

brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

If the number of subscribers is not limited will it be possible to get two subscriptions to get twice the decks? :D
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Hmm. Maybe a subscription for me, my three kids, my dog... :lol:
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Bradius wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:51 am Hmm. Maybe a subscription for me, my three kids, my dog... :lol:
If the Simpson's dog could get a credit card.... Just saying. :lol:
Move on, nothing to see here.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Does anyone know or have a list of which lotrek decks feature hot foil and which cold foil?
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Do you want to include the early signature decks that included one card in hot foil? How about The Entertainer that was printed be EPCC with hot and cold foil? It can get complicated depending on how you categorize it. Oh, and let’s not forget Test Decks and Error decks as well.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Bradius wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 am Do you want to include the early signature decks that included one card in hot foil? How about The Entertainer that was printed be EPCC with hot and cold foil? It can get complicated depending on how you categorize it. Oh, and let’s not forget Test Decks and Error decks as well.
As detailed as you can get. Like if a deck has hot and cold foil, I'm curious which part are the hot foil and which the cold foil. I wanted to look through my lotrek collection and just compare the hot foil and cold foil applications so I can see the difference.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Harvonsgard

All decks printed in Greece feature hot foil. All decks printed in Belgium by Cartamundi feature cold foil.
The Entertainer printed by EPCC is the only hybrid that features both.

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Lotrek has printed a number of decks in Greece without hot foil (no foil). His first decks, Liturgy test decks, DeNovo decks come to mind.

I don’t know if there is an all inclusive list of such information. Mine is just stored in my head.

If you just look at a The Entertainer card in person, you should be able to tell which is hot and which is cold foil. The hot foil is shinier.
Harvonsgard

Bradius wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 am Lotrek has printed a number of decks in Greece without hot foil (no foil). His first decks, Liturgy test decks, DeNovo decks come to mind.
Should have clarified. I meant all of his printed in Greece decks that feature foil are hot foiled to my knowledge.

cardvana52

Unread post by cardvana52 »

The Deckin Around interview was GREAT!! Thank you for sharing so much about your passion and the background. Hearing the story behind the art makes it even more wonderful! I am in for Patreon and am looking forward to what we will find!
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

So I just ran across a listing for a Timeless gaff deck on P52: https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/2290/view Is this a real separate deck??
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Eric Lee

hsbc wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:25 am So I just ran across a listing for a Timeless gaff deck on P52: https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/2290/view Is this a real separate deck??

That's Lotrek's first ever deck. RSVP commissioned him to do Timeless and the Bicycle Butterfly decks for them. Timeless is still in print as it's part of the RSVP designed magic trick called The Timeless Project.

So yes, you have the option of just getting the Timeless deck or the full trick. It comes with 2 Timeless decks , 1 of them is gimmicked.
https://www.rsvpmagic.com/timeless-deck ... ard-stock/

The Bicycle Butterfly deck, Lotrek's 2nd deck, was a standalone and it's out of print now. So you'll have to go to Ebay or other places to get it.