C R Y P T - Mystery deck n.3

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Xarin77
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Arabesque Gold or Silver
Decks Owned: 400

Re: C R Y P T -Mystery deck n.3

Unread post by Xarin77 »

Wow...... wow, wow, wow... that is all I have to say for now. My first true Lotrek deck and I'm blown away.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

There is another way to open the deck without messing with the seal at all.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Xarin77
White Whale: Arabesque Gold or Silver
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Xarin77 »

brownsl wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 pm
I am not an uncut sheet collector but an uncut sheet of these cards would be incredible.
My wife and I were commenting about this too. It would be a REMARKABLE piece of art to have an uncut sheet of these, but I know that's not going to happen.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

track.png
Currently waiting on all of these. Could be in for a long wait judging by the numbers.
rgamble

Unread post by rgamble »

Got mine...

I can only echo what others said who were blown away.

I really like the Tuck, in conjunction with the cards.

The card backs are simply glorious.

The fronts are spectacular.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Oh no... someone hacked the @oathpcc instagram account and revealed almost everything... the handwritten unit numbers... the colour of the outer tuck... even - bare with me - the colour of the inner tuck box 😧...
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

The horror!!!!!!
irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

I got my deck early this past week. While it is a great deck, I don't think this justifies the $110 USD price tag... I think maybe $70-80ish would've been more appropriate. Without going into much details, I think the foil usage and the back design were a bit of a letdown... I guess I had a bit of higher hopes for something that cost so much. This is not to take any credit away from Lotrek as it is still a beautiful looking deck/tuck, but just didn't think the price was justified.. But that's just me..
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

irtjames14 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:15 am I got my deck early this past week. While it is a great deck, I don't think this justifies the $110 USD price tag... I think maybe $70-80ish would've been more appropriate. Without going into much details, I think the foil usage and the back design were a bit of a letdown... I guess I had a bit of higher hopes for something that cost so much. This is not to take any credit away from Lotrek as it is still a beautiful looking deck/tuck, but just didn't think the price was justified.. But that's just me..
Very well said. I already mentioned some decks I think were better. Crypt is in his top ten of decks. We know soon down the line, Lo' will do more outstanding work that'll top Golden Oath or come near that level.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

2020-07-05.jpg
Have picked mine up from the PO.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Ahh c'mon Helenic post, I live like 700 kilometers away from Lotrek and the whole world will get their decks before me SMH...
OVSUB
White Whale: Someone to love
Decks Owned: 51

Unread post by OVSUB »

Mine had a stamp that looked oddly like Nick Cage.
Life is fickle...
We live to die or rather we are dying to live.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Received today, finally!

I confess that my hopes were really high, not only for this being a Lotrek deck, but also due to its price tag (~$115).

Opening the box is an experience on itself, loved the box and the nice revealing of the box's back design, so far so good. Next step, trying to open the flap, this was the most cringing step. But using a bit of persuasing I was able to take the cards out. And, oh boy, loved that back design, not many foils, but what a fantastic back desgin, fantastic work. So far, two for two!! Then the cards, first one AoS, loved it, a very Lotrek-ish AoS but very well executed. Then fully custom number cards, looking fantastic, so far not desapointed. Then the court cards, and, well, lets say, they look good, very good indeed, but not up to the standard I was expexting, specially at this price tag. I've to say that the colors work very well with the foil, but they feel short...
There are some very nice details done with the foil that look fantastic, I almost though this could be the first Lotrek's Marked Deck, but after close inspection it doesn't seem so, unfortunatelly!! Handling wise, this is the best decks so far. Very nice stock and finish. Cards slide very well and thumb fans look great!

All in all a tremendous deck from the master, not quite to the level (IMO) of Golden OATH, Liturgy, Arabesque or Silk (all cheaper than Crypt).
Guess my main issue with this deck is the price, as it was a bit high and as such expetation was high too, and not fully matched, for me at least.

EDIT: My 1000th post!! :D
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Just to let everyone know, it seems that the best size Carat case for the Crypt would be the Carat XST Slip Tuck Case which I made a couple years ago but never got around to selling it through resellers. It was originally meant for decks that came in slip tuck cases (I.e. vintage Souvenir decks and such) as well as modern slip tuck cases (I.e. 2014 52plus Joker Silver edition and Skull & Bones Private Reserve by Jackson Robinson), but also works for other decks like Steve Minty's Anubis/Osiris and Hana (though Hana is a little loose) Signature decks. If anyone is interested in getting one, feel free to send me a PM.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Finally received mine today, felt like opening up a birthday present going through the multiple layers of tuck lol.
irtjames14 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:15 amI think the foil usage and the back design were a bit of a letdown...
I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried to be. The foil and design where it's used is absolutely the highlight of the deck and simply breathtaking.

The only criticism I could give is the courts not being at an Arabesque/Silk level which is definitely what I was expecting and I don't know the reason they're not as this is clearly a deck which deserved that treatment, but even so I can't say I'm not happy with what I received!
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I received my Crypt in Oz today. Blew every one of my hopes away in every aspect in all the positive ways.

This is the zenith of playing card decks in my opinion.
riutshoxie
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by riutshoxie »

shermjack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:07 am Just to let everyone know, it seems that the best size Carat case for the Crypt would be the Carat XST Slip Tuck Case which I made a couple years ago but never got around to selling it through resellers.
Regarding this matter, would the Carat Case XXL also work for Crypt?
Curt
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by Curt »

shermjack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:07 am Just to let everyone know, it seems that the best size Carat case for the Crypt would be the Carat XST.
Awesome to hear, I have a spare one sitting beside me. Now I just need Canada Post to hurry it up a bit, fingers crossed for delivery this week.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Did anyone see how much was the first Crypt deck sold on the Ebay auction? Just curious...
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
Ice_Panda
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

270 I think crazy

If you go to advanced search you can select the sold check box and see sold listings :)
Harvonsgard

28BBE5F3-7A65-4528-9F24-2915BB274EBC.jpeg
28BBE5F3-7A65-4528-9F24-2915BB274EBC.jpeg (155.7 KiB) Viewed 5718 times
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Hmm...Maybe Lotrek undercharged us...let's see...$177 more per deck multiplied by 500 decks comes to....early retirement for Lotrek!
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Bradius wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 pm Hmm...Maybe Lotrek undercharged us...let's see...$177 more per deck multiplied by 500 decks comes to....early retirement for Lotrek!
Great idea! I'll be also printing the "Ebay edition" which will be sold by me on Ebay at a crazy price. Eheh...
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

riutshoxie wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:42 am
shermjack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:07 am Just to let everyone know, it seems that the best size Carat case for the Crypt would be the Carat XST Slip Tuck Case which I made a couple years ago but never got around to selling it through resellers.
Yes, but the case would be a little big for the deck...see Decknowlogy’s pic on the previous page of this post ;)
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
marman
White Whale: Venexiana Gold Special LTD Ed
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by marman »

Didn't get my decks yet here in Italy.

Hope they didn't arrive last week when i've been out for vacation, and the silly postman left them outside the mailbox (as the hole is too small) :/
irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

Adonael wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:14 am Finally received mine today, felt like opening up a birthday present going through the multiple layers of tuck lol.
irtjames14 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:15 amI think the foil usage and the back design were a bit of a letdown...
I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried to be. The foil and design where it's used is absolutely the highlight of the deck and simply breathtaking.

The only criticism I could give is the courts not being at an Arabesque/Silk level which is definitely what I was expecting and I don't know the reason they're not as this is clearly a deck which deserved that treatment, but even so I can't say I'm not happy with what I received!
Don't get me wrong when I say all aspects of this deck is beautiful. I only said that the foil usage and back design were a bit of a letdown relative to the price tag on this deck. I was hoping that the foil usage would 'pop' (or 'flash') at you a bit more and expected a bit more of an intricate back design for how this deck was hyped up to be and at this price point. It is still a beautiful/gorgeous looking deck, but not sure if I can justify the price tag that I paid on it (I'm sure the price point can most certainly justified with different factors and such that went into creating this deck, but this is only my opinion and certainly in NO WAY downplaying Lotrek's abilities and all that)... For me to be honest, I prefer the Silk/Damask over the Crypt and those were cheaper (most likely due to those decks being 'less involved(?)' than Crypt?). This is what I am solely basing my comparison on. I actually like the courts in Crypt (and I personally am not a fan of the Arabesque design despite how 'luxurious/fancy' the deck looks), the courts and the front side of the cards are probably my most favorite part about this.
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
riutshoxie
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by riutshoxie »

Thank you for clarifying shermjack!

I remembered seeing it somewhere but couldn't tell where the hell it was.
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

shermjack wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:10 pm
riutshoxie wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:42 am
Yes, but the case would be a little big for the deck...see Decknowlogy’s pic on the previous page of this post ;)
I put mine (not in the kraft paper box, but the actual tuck) in the xxl case, and it works although it is a tiny bit loose. If you have any extra of the insert spacers that you get from the multiple deck cases you can shim on in there but the two thin ones will not fit one on each side, so your deck may be secure, but off-center in the case.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

Don't get me wrong when I say all aspects of this deck is beautiful. I only said that the foil usage and back design were a bit of a letdown relative to the price tag on this deck. I was hoping that the foil usage would 'pop' (or 'flash') at you a bit more and expected a bit more of an intricate back design for how this deck was hyped up to be and at this price point. It is still a beautiful/gorgeous looking deck, but not sure if I can justify the price tag that I paid on it (I'm sure the price point can most certainly justified with different factors and such that went into creating this deck, but this is only my opinion and certainly in NO WAY downplaying Lotrek's abilities and all that)... For me to be honest, I prefer the Silk/Damask over the Crypt and those were cheaper (most likely due to those decks being 'less involved(?)' than Crypt?). This is what I am solely basing my comparison on. I actually like the courts in Crypt (and I personally am not a fan of the Arabesque design despite how 'luxurious/fancy' the deck looks), the courts and the front side of the cards are probably my most favorite part about this.
I think Arabesque's Tucks are > Crypt Tuck, but Crypt Cards > Arabesque. Still I love the Sanctus deck though, I would like to see more love for that deck! It is awesome. Maybe a bit too dark of tone for some, but I have seen nothing else like it.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
Harvonsgard

Unboxing time with Tyler and Steve ✌🏿😁