Western Leather - Leather pattern glided playing cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
friendofcards

Western Leather - Leather pattern glided playing cards

Unread post by friendofcards »

Nice glided effect
Ice_Panda
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

Re: Western Leather - Leather pattern glided playing cards

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

this is the same creator that did the academy award deck kickstarter. hmmm. interesting.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Pass from me. While I like the customized pips, overall too many weird choices. No colour and just the leather optic is the nail in the coffin.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

This campaign raises some red flags for me because the wording leads me to believe the deck might not be designed yet and the creator is just using placeholder images? Consider the following odd text:
Maya Creative wrote:There is nothing that will hold us back from professionally designing a real classy wild-west queen on your playing card stack. With her hat on, her curly long hair flow, her khaki top and probably a rope on her hand will be the design vibe of our playing cards...There won't be many risks involved, we will be planning to make it better and deliver as per schedule.
Why would anything hold you back from designing a queen for this deck? Why PROBABLY a rope? Planning to make it better? So, backers are okay with changes throughout the campaign? This whole campaign seems like the creator did a keyword search for Wild West and tried to include all of those keywords in the description of the deck. Here are a few examples:
Maya Creative wrote:...Precisely, the center of the spade has various wild-wild west symbols that relight [sic] a lot in regards to the west...The skull with various tattooing brings the ambiance and the real feel of Texas. The two pistols as the sign of the west custom is what you need. These designs and wild-wild west themes are exclusive and you will only find themes from our professionalism...A rope to show the heritage of the Wild-Wild-West...
And now my favorite part of the campaign. I like to call the following WTF?
The king of heart is portrayed by this cowboy, sensual with his gun probably after a successful shot is what you need in promotion of the wild west heritage....With these exclusive designs, the thirst will be over and the game will have a better taste and be sweeter than never before...The seductive design has a feel-taste of the wild-west cowboy hat...Two pistols around the head of a sexy cowboy full of beard and a hat will automatically rekindle the wild-wild west bliss. Literally, the card is trying to communicate something, “Just Win the Game”.
Considering the creator's track record of canceled or shut-down projects, I am staying far away from this one. From a design perspective, I like some of the aspects, like the horseshoe pips, but the creator is trying so hard to be authentic that it comes across as inauthentic. The design is icon after icon with no real cohesiveness and I don't think they used military Ka-Bar knives in the Wild West (see Jack of Hearts). Also, there is no image of gilded decks, nor does the creator promise gilded decks, aside from the title of the campaign. They use the words "professionalism" and "expertise" all throughout this campaign, but I fail to see either. Good luck to the backers.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

Not motivated enough but fairly certain that a reverse image search would reveal where he acquired them.

I'll leave it to someone more cynical than me to hypothesize about, if indeed these aren't his, whether or not the images have been licensed...
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Absolutely dreadful.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

I'm always a little reticent with texture effects, as they tend to look unsettling if too pronounced. That is the case here, plus I'm in on Agitcom's Pony Express already, got my Wild West fill.

That and what Bacon said.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093