*OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Featuring our favourite decks including winners of the Decks Of The Year awards and the Annual United Cardists Decks
GNS MAGIC

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Unread post by GNS MAGIC »

Räpylätassu wrote:
GNS MAGIC wrote:I can't believe I won! #29. I guess I will make a claim for 1x set of all Modern Idols from the Card Guy. I would like to thank Pipchick ( Amy ) for all her hard work on the DOTY. Congrats to all the winners.
That's not that works. You have to wait for your turn before you can pick. Akicer is next
Sorry about that. Was not sure. Thanks for the clarification.
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

PipChick wrote:Hi y'all! Good morning!

Just to clarify a small detail; these giveaway winners were not "picked" by anyone - they were randomly drawn one-by-one and listed as shown :)

Of course, I know some are feeling a bit bummed to not have been drawn and I too wish I had seen some more familiar faces from our awesome UC fam come up, but I really really honestly tried my very best to secure as many sponsors/prizes for y'all with the hope that we'd have something for everyone or, in this case, for as many participants as possible.

Pleasepleaseplease don't feel left out! There is always next year and, when the time comes around, I'll once again try my best to do everything I can to get as much cool stuff for y'all - but I'll also need your help!

I'm only one person and largely did this on my own which required building positive relations with people on behalf of UC all year long to spread the word and personally reaching out to sponsors to convince them why they too would want to be a part of this amazing event with us here at UC. But in order for this little community event to continue to grow as it has been, y'all also need to try and do your part by getting the word out and showing some extra love to our current sponsors and use any and every opportunity you can to mention the DOTYs. This could be something as simple as posting about your latest mail day and mentioning whether or not some of the decks you got were DOTY winners/nominations and/or if that's why you decided to buy them. Or showing off a deck you already own and giving a special shoutout to your fav designers for the honor of recognition. Or building predictions for new decks that are released this upcoming year that you feel would be great contenders for the DOTYs 2020. Any and every little bit of exposure in any way will help bring more awareness and visibility to our event which, in turn, will hopefully bring the spotlight a bit to our community and all we have to offer here at UC and make us stronger, together. So, even though this year's event is wrapping up, please remember to keep UC and your experience of the event in the conversation as it will help for when the DOTYs roll back around for next year and we'll be looking for sponsors again. :)

Also, I think now's a better time then any to give some SUPER-DUPER huge thanks to those that did go above and beyond in helping to promote the event:

Tony (JustPlayCards) who was not only one of the very first people to get excited about wanting to participate as a sponsor but also greatly helped in creating some AMAZING promo graphics which also largely influenced the direction of this year's graffiti theme which was a total hit! I truely believe your vision of the theme is what made it so easy for people to want to share as it was just so so awesome! Thank you!

Jae (irtjames14 / cardcollector_300) who, during his trip to California, made a stop to Art of Play's warehouse and, not only picked up a bunch of awesome exclusive decks to donate towards this year's event in the giveaway, also spoke personally with Dan Buck about the DOTYs and helped getting his sponsorship - this was beyond amazing! Thank you!

Matt (Romeril / bayou.playing.cards) who, aside from his own contribution of donation towards the DOTY giveaway, also took the time to make a zillion amazing promo posts about the DOTYs and featured them all over his IG account/stories feed and often spread the word through his lives (which are super fun to watch and participate in btw and y'all should check out lol) - THANKS! You're the best!

Stu (courier_stu), another great contributor of the prize giveaway, who also used his following and platform on UC to post promo graphics on his wall and mentioned our event via his lives letting people know what the DOTYs are all about and how to get involved - this was a HUGE help! THANKS!

Big thank yous also go out to Tim (timmargh), Jamie (Baconwise), Ted (decknoledgy), Tyler (CollectADeck), Orshi (cardistrynewbie), and to all others that shared the event and spread the word via IG and reddit and elsewhere - every little post, comment and mention def makes a HUGE difference - THANK YOU!
No worries, Pip. I appreciate all of your hardwork for this championship event and such. Just eh, I just love Lorenzo's and Jackson's decks, and it would be a dream comes true to win those. But, fair's fair. I hope I can get into the list by next year

Once again, you did a MAGNIFICENT job :D
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Timmargh wrote:
laitostarr777 wrote:
irtjames14 wrote:Wow 86 different prizes/winners??? And somehow I did not make it on that list... bummer :(
Same feeling for ya, pal. I also didn’t get into the list ;(
There were a lot of voters so don't be disheartened; this is my 2nd year of voting and my 2nd year of missing out on the prize giveaway.

[cheese] Remember: the friendships we make along the way is the real prize! [/cheese]

:D
;3; this year is my first, since I joined UC when Pip anounced this awards. Oh I am so loving here, everything about playing cards are mentioned here
Hope for more luck next year
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
arjun1616
White Whale: regalia
Decks Owned: 20

Unread post by arjun1616 »

did we pass montenzi's number... How many total votes were there??
ok
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

I will go with

1 x Mixed Brick of Seasons Playing Cards

Gonna pm the next guy, Kurama is the next!
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kurama
Decks Owned: 290

Unread post by Kurama »

It doesn't hurt to repeat it again and again: what a year! Such great decks to vote for, such great decks and prizes donated, and what a huge work from Pip!
Thx and congrats to all of you!

I'll go for Sinjin7's mixed brick. Thank you so much for those gems!

Next: it's your turn, cardileigh!
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/17634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gonzalo
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Gonzalo »

Congratulations to all the winners! Last year I got an amazing prize and I know the feeling well. ;)

And huge thanks to PipChick for all her hard work for the community!
Dolape
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Dolape »

Many many congratulations to all the winners! A lot of cool decks last years!

I just noticed I forgot to opt out of the giveaway - not used to winning often anyways :D I would like to do so if still possible!
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

akicer wrote:I will go with

Dammit!

(Hoped I might fill some holes, but I must respectful of the rules)

I’m curious what Alex included in a mixed brick.
Curt
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by Curt »

portcullis wrote:
akicer wrote:I will go with

Dammit!

(Hoped I might fill some holes, but I must respectful of the rules)

I’m curious what Alex included in a mixed brick.
Same! Although I knew I would not be able to grab that one but am very thankful for the opportunity for any prize at all. I will be patiently waiting to hear from NativeTongue, way down at number 83.
Cardileigh
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Cardileigh »

Woohoo #8! I'd love to get :

Kings Wild Project (Jackson Robinson)

1 x Full 2020 Kings Wild Shorts Subscription - Standard Tier (12 Decks)

Thank you to PipChick and everyone else who helped! Sorry it took me so long, I was stuck at the vet :/

#9 Guru up next!!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Thanks Cardileigh.

This is just fantastic. I'm glad that I did not opt out of the giveaway prize while sending my nomination. My 7 yo son has been more excited that his daddy won a prize. #9 has been associated with me for a number of years now, and here I am at #9.Yipee yay...

On a more serious note, thank you Amy & the crew for another amazing DoTY. Thanks to all who nominated A Motley Pack. Much appreciated.
A few cards from the deck are going to be feature in the soon to be published book by Stephen Ball titled "Playing Card Divination: Every Card Tells a Story".

https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Card-Div ... 0738764906

I'd like to go for @justplaycards Mixed Brick.

@SirCrunoke is up next. Will PM him.
SirCrunoke
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

Thank you guru for PMing me.

Again, thank you to all that made this happen!

I will go with the half Brick from TWI.
If it is possible, you can watch my PF52 and send some I don't got already.
Also I don't need the Black Monolith since I already got it.
But I won't say to you what to send, you can choose like you want. I am more than happy with all of your decks. :ucstar:

Next up is: Bas0404
I will PM you.

EDIT: This is going really fast and smooth! Cudos to all who choosed already.
Ragzzz

Unread post by Ragzzz »

My oh my!

Can’t believe I got on the winners list!

Looking forward to that message in my inbox from Shermjack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

So... This bas member joined the forum 27.1, left one message, last online 28.1. So basically hasn't even checked the DOTY results.

Are we really going to wait that 72 hours for him/her not to claim their prize? I hope that he/she shows up to claim but somehow I really doubt it.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
SirCrunoke

I did PM him, PM is still in the Outbox, so he did not read it till now.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Räpylätassu wrote:Are we really going to wait that 72 hours for him/her not to claim their prize? I hope that he/she shows up to claim but somehow I really doubt it.
So are the rules, but I concur that this might be a long ride until 86 have claimed the prizes if we really wait that long. Maybe something that wants to be kept in mind to be changed for next year. 24h should be enough to claim a prize.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
SirCrunoke

I understood it that way, that we have untill monday, to send a PM to somebody or in this/a Thread, that we will be reachable to claim a Prize.
Since it is stated like that in PipChick's post.
PipChick wrote:giveaway winners will have until the following Monday, February 17th, 2020 (approximately 72hrs) to respond either publicly in a post or privately through a message that they will be present and reachable to participate in selecting and claiming a prize from the giveaway among those available.
So if he does not even log in untill Monday, February 17th 2020, it will just go on. Question is when on Monday, but for the sake of giving him the greatest chance within that general conditions we could do it until the Monday ends. Question again is when it ends, but I would say we use the official time of the Forum to make it uniform.
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Seems like last year the rule was wait 72 hours "after" previous person contacted.
This year the rule is we all confirm within the first 72 hours, if we are going to be present or not, is that correct?

I feel like not so many people confirmed yet.
I didn't post anything earlier because I thought the rule was like last year. (I read it and I forgot.)

I'm number 57, and I confirm I'll be around. (I'm always around as a lurker.)
QEDPlayingCards
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by QEDPlayingCards »

I am number #14 in the list (woohoo!) and can confirm that I will be available to claim my prize.
andreac75

Unread post by andreac75 »

#84 long wait, but very happy. Thanks!
caribcards
White Whale: 1890 Kipper cards
Decks Owned: 155

Unread post by caribcards »

Yesterday, I was checking the site every hour. But it looks like I should check it next sunday... lol! ;-)
Romeril
Decks Owned: 272

Unread post by Romeril »

QEDPlayingCards wrote:I am number #14 in the list (woohoo!) and can confirm that I will be available to claim my prize.
I will be promptly sending you a message right after I make my pick!!
CollectADeck
White Whale: Anything by OathPCC
Decks Owned: 88

Unread post by CollectADeck »

#30 here and can confirm I will be around to choose. Also, congratulations to all the DOTY winners, giveaway winners, and thank you so much Amy for all the hard work you did this year on putting all this together! It was a momentous effort and immensely appreciated!
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Just for the sake of not making a mistake and following the protocol:
I'm #25 and I'm here 24/7 :ugking:
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

Being no. 65, it is going to be a while before I get to choose...
SirCrunoke

phantom1412 wrote:Seems like last year the rule was wait 72 hours "after" previous person contacted.
This year the rule is we all confirm within the first 72 hours, if we are going to be present or not, is that correct?

I didn't post anything earlier because I thought the rule was like last year. (I read it and I forgot.)
It is actually both! We need(ed) to confirm that we are around to choose a prize and after that we have 72 Hours after the one in front of us to choose a prize.

I would say if number 80 does not confirm he will be around but is around in time before he has to choose it is totally fine. But In this case with Bas0404 it is just till Monday.
Again I would say as long as "you" comment before the one who has to choose just before you, it is totally fine. And nobody gets kicked out because he did not reply till Monday, 17th February.
But if he doesn't he need to respond BEFORE the one INFRONT of him has picked.
That is just my opinion.

Also good I pointed that out, since there are alot of new comments since than.
I also rode it, but everytime I wanted to point out the exact date I really needed to search it.
For next Year maybe we could do one mark right below the Prize section with ALL the IMPORTANT rules. Cause it is actually way down in that post.

EDITED to make sure it is clear that this is my opinion and highlighted the important things.
Ragzzz

Unread post by Ragzzz »

SirCrunoke wrote:
phantom1412 wrote:Seems like last year the rule was wait 72 hours "after" previous person contacted.

It is actually both! We need(ed) to confirm that we are around to choose a prize and after that we have 72 Hours to choose a prize.
I would say if number 80 does not confirm he will be around but is around in time before he has to choose it is totally fine. But In this case with Bas0404 it is just till Monday.
Again I would say as long as "you" comment before the one who has to choose just before you, it is totally fine. And nobody gets kicked out because he did not reply till Monday, 17th February.
But if he doesn't he need to respond BEFORE the one INFRONT of him has picked.
That is just my opinion.

Also good I pointed that out, since there are alot of new comments since them.
I also rode it, but everytime I wanted to point out the exact date I really needed to search it.
For next Year maybe we could do one mark right below the Prize section with ALL the IMPORTANT rules. Cause it is actually way down in that post.
So the 72 hours resets after each new member picking their prize?
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

#58 locked and loaded
SirCrunoke

Ragzzz wrote:So the 72 hours resets after each new member picking their prize?
Actually yes. I am with Räpylätassu and like 48 or 24 Hours would be ok.