Hello from Brazil

Where are you from and what are your interests?
saulriffel
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: STEVE MINTY Z
Decks Owned: 310

Hello from Brazil

Unread post by saulriffel »

Hello, I'm a collector from Brazil, I started in 2008, at that time a small poker shop opened in a mall in my neighborhood, I got a couple of Bees for playing but it was the first time I saw such a variety of decks, so, a couple of weeks later I got another two decks, a 007 deck by Cartamundi and a Bicycle White Ghost, the second one the guy from the store found a single deck in the office, they were all sold out (I believe the White Ghost was made in 2005). That's how I started collecting.
Usually, I'm an occasional collector, I buy decks from places I go (even if they are cheap souvenir decks) and buy other decks that I like online (I keep a small wishlist that usually only gets bigger) or backing KS projects, currently, I own around 290 different decks.
I believe the decks that I have that are not usual even for collectors here (but who knows, we can always be surprised) are de Brazilian decks, most of them from COPAG, I know now COPAG has the 310 and NEO decks, but those are made in Belgium, the ones made in Brazil are mostly bridge size decks, and the paper ones handle bad (the plastic ones are good), among them the 139, 157, Pinguim, Spanish, Dunga, Texas Hold'em (the classic lines) and other limited but not extraordinary decks like The Godfather deck (made exclusively for a BluRay release in Brazil), Spongebob, toy story, Olympics deck, World Cup deck and others (I can post pics later).
I don't know anyone that collects decks here in Brazil, and the truth is that when I went to college in 2012 I kind of "had a break" in collecting and started again in 2017, so it was nice to find such a large community of collectors after that many years.
As always I"m interested in diversity, and the decks that caught my eyes recently were the Japanese releases of Bicycle (like the snoopy astronaut and Dragonball Z) and a few KS projects.
att. Saul Riffel Instsgram: baloocards
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Hello from Brazil

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome to UC. There are lots of great threads. Feel free to search and browse for topics of interest, or start a new discussion thread.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome at UC. Feel free to share pictures of those Brazil specific COPAGs and the rest of your collection in the show us your cards subforum.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Welcome to UC, Saul.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Smocito

Unread post by Smocito »

Bem vindo! :)

Some interesting decks from Brazil: https://www.elcabriton.com/acessorios/B ... seDateDESC
ricardoferro2001

Unread post by ricardoferro2001 »

Olá, Saulriffel!
Sim, há colecionadores de baralho no Brasil! Sou um deles. :-)
Moro em Salvador/BA. E você?
Também compro em lojas on line, importando e apoiando projetos no KS.

O amor ao poker me levou aos baralhos (que se encaixaram perfeitamente na área que trabalho: design gráfico e ilustração) e comecei a colecionar em janeiro de 2018.
saulriffel

Thank you all!
saulriffel

Smocito wrote:Bem vindo! :)

Some interesting decks from Brazil: https://www.elcabriton.com/acessorios/B ... seDateDESC
Obrigado!, I've never seen these before, they look great!
CollectADeck
White Whale: Anything by OathPCC
Decks Owned: 88

Unread post by CollectADeck »

Welcome to UC!
crixmas

Unread post by crixmas »

Welcome to UC
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/magiccardsplaying" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpBtfb ... subscriber" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Collection
https://portfolio52.com/profile/19805/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My WhisList
https://portfolio52.com/profile/19805/wishlist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;