Bohemia by Uusi - Kickstarter Successful

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
law_kid

Re: New Deck! Bohemia by Uusi!

Unread post by law_kid »

Just wanted to add my $0.02 that this is a great deck. :D

Unread post by Sinsandman »

The Blue Blood deck is one of the most beautiful decks produced to date. The Uusi couple are not only talented but are just generally great people. Their last KS campaign ran without hiccup to the pledgers and I am sure this one will as well. I actually think from time of pledge to time of delivery, the BB may be in the running for shortest time. Not enough can be said about the BB deck or its creators. So this deck is an instant win for me and should be more the masses as well...If you didn't grab the BB deck, don't make the same mistake with this one.
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by uusikissa »

Sinsandman wrote:The Blue Blood deck is one of the most beautiful decks produced to date. The Uusi couple are not only talented but are just generally great people. Their last KS campaign ran without hiccup to the pledgers and I am sure this one will as well. I actually think from time of pledge to time of delivery, the BB may be in the running for shortest time. Not enough can be said about the BB deck or its creators. So this deck is an instant win for me and should be more the masses as well...If you didn't grab the BB deck, don't make the same mistake with this one.
Geez, I think I'm blushing... seriously, thanks so much for your amazing endorsement of our work and customer service. It really is incredibly important to us to have those buying our designs feel that they have purchased a thoughtfully designed and a well made product.
http://uusi.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL On Uusi's Bohemia Playing Cards

Just wanted to let anyone who's interested know that we are going to have an "Early Bird" special when our Kickstarter projects launches on Monday, October 1st. Hope to see you there!
http://uusi.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Most excellent. No doubt this will be a phenom. I think your backing may hit a record. I regret not getting more Blue Bloods, I will make up for it with this one.
Sinsandman

Unread post by Sinsandman »

Those who I feel put out not only quality but also go the extra mile for their customers get my full backing. You know as well as I that you take care of your supporters. This is huge in a market that is being flooded, and mostly by people putting money over passion. It is sad to see people money grab in a community that is as small as ours...but they do. Uusi, on the other hand, not in the least. The art and customer comes first. Really, one cannot survive without the other. You can have a great looking deck, but if you suck as a person not too many are going to back you...and vise versa. I can ramble on for pages about the state of the hobby and the greatness that is Uusi...but I digress.
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

uusikissa wrote:Availability of the deck will depend on how well the KS (and how fast) gets funded (if it does). USPCC is giving us an Oct. 5th deadline for having the cards printed in 2012. So... if our KS project does extremely well early on (very early on) we MIGHT be able to have the decks available before the end of the year - otherwise, if we get funded at a somewhat normal pace they will be available sometime in January.
I don't think there is any doubt about whether you get funded, it going to be a matter of how quickly you reach your goal (and how much beyond). My hope is that you get sufficient funding to really upgrade the box. I have visions of the wavy lines being embossed and the script in metallic foil.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

just in case you are interested, I have posted a new article about Uusi and Bohemia, including a nice interview.

you can find it at

http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/2012/ ... zing-deck/

It is also available in Spanish!

you all didnt know maxplayingcards before, are invited to visit and follow it in Facebook, Twitter or wherever you prefer.

I hope you like it.

best wishes to all

Max
katani84

Unread post by katani84 »

KS project start October 1st. What time? :)
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Our Kickstarter project, Bohemia Playing Cards, launches at 12 noon Eastern Standard Time, Monday October 1st.
Naxx

Unread post by Naxx »

Hopefully the shipping rate for international buyers is cheaper this time round. $20 for a deck is expensive! (Blue Blood $10 + $10 shipping)
alric

Unread post by alric »

That was a great interview, Max! You were able to get a lot of good info for us, and I loooove the pictures of the Bohemia deck. I'm happy to see so much color, and that's a very attractive back design. I hope they'll be able to retain the thin borders! We already knew Uusi could rock out awesome court cards, so I was very happy to hear about the extra attention paid to the pips, something a lot of other deck designers phone in and overlook. Can't wait until Monday!
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

alric wrote:That was a great interview, Max! You were able to get a lot of good info for us, and I loooove the pictures of the Bohemia deck. I'm happy to see so much color, and that's a very attractive back design. I hope they'll be able to retain the thin borders! We already knew Uusi could rock out awesome court cards, so I was very happy to hear about the extra attention paid to the pips, something a lot of other deck designers phone in and overlook. Can't wait until Monday!

Thanks you Alric, that's why I spend so many time writing and translating (any Spanish fan out there????). I wish I have a better way to arrive to more people. I have to work on the web design and complements but I will be working day and night to interview all the nice people in this playing cards world!!!!
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bohemia Playing Cards are live!

Here's the Kickstarter link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124 ... cards-deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Backed. I love your stuff guys, nice work.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Encarded wrote:Backed. I love your stuff guys, nice work.
Thanks and thanks, Paul! It's so great to have your support. We're really enjoying being a part of this community...
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

Eh, I am not the first backer… just the second one : )
I am happy that Kings, Queens and Jacks have all their fingers and don’t suffer from arthritis (do they?) : )
Epic Mythos

Unread post by Epic Mythos »

Backed, can't wait!
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

I made it before all the early backer rewards were gone! :D
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Great looking deck, looking forward to this one!
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Alright, dropped a few quid on this one, not even feeling guilty.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Backed with a limited poster. It will look great in my office
alric

Unread post by alric »

Uusi, you might need more stretch goals!
K-mart

Unread post by K-mart »

NOOO I missed the uncut sheets :(

Already backed, I'm a 100% sure this deck is going to be a huge success, I'm betting this will be funded within another 12 hours or so, its already up to 8.4k out of 11k!!!!

Side note: Does anyone know if there are going to be any more uncuts available? Thanks.
New Collector 83

Unread post by New Collector 83 »

@uusikissa. Will we be able to add more decks to the pledge levels.
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Wow - we are pretty stunned by the response so far! Thanks to everybody here for their support and pledges.

New Collector 83 wrote:@uusikissa. Will we be able to add more decks to the pledge levels.
We just posted an update (here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124 ... deck/posts) on our project page that should clarify how to add decks to whatever level you've pledged. It is pretty detailed but due to Kickstarter's new rules it's necessary to lay it all out in detail.
Hope this helps!
BlueOwl

Unread post by BlueOwl »

Wow, this deck has a captivating back design. I am a little jealous of the 30 backers who were able to snag an uncut sheet. However, the beautiful card stand and card case more than ease the sting, haha.

Thank you for producing another striking deck and for crafting such unique rewards.

~ Nathan
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

BlueOwl wrote:Wow, this deck has a captivating back design. I am a little jealous of the 30 backers who were able to snag an uncut sheet. However, the beautiful card stand and card case more than ease the sting, haha.

Thank you for producing another striking deck and for crafting such unique rewards.

~ Nathan
Your welcome! (and thank you!) Thanks to people like yourself we are able to keep producing the art and design that we love making.

It's our pleasure!
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

Hey, i like this deck! :D
Simplicity is beautiful.
New Collector 83

Re: Bohemia by Uusi - Live on Kickstarter

Unread post by New Collector 83 »

I can't wait to see what the color scheme will be for the unlimited deck.