Titanic Tarot Cards now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Re: Titanic Tarot Cards now live on KS

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

Sorry for the delay in responding. It would be nice having a partner in helping with the promotion process. Here's a video I did for my YouTube channel that explains my feelings on why this project is important to me. It's my overall feeling on death and history. In the video I come across the graves of four children (18 and under) that died within a few weeks of each other. In a nutshell, I believe history that is forgotten... is history lost forever. Just imagine how much history we don't know about because nobody cared to share it. Perhaps tarot cards might not be the norm... but the cavemen who painted their history on the inside of caves also didn't do the norm.

Barclay Mountains Co.
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I am not a bit Tarot collector either. My first was the Major Arcana Tarot that Guru did. I have since picked up a few. This year the Visconte Madrone Tarot came out. It was a reproduction of the tarot of the same name that was produced around 1450 in Italy. This deck is insane with both gold and silver foil and gilded edges. They pulled out all the stops on it. It was an easy nomination for best non-poker deck and a serious contender for Deck of the Year. If you had one in hand, you would understand. The cards are huge. Put three standard decks sideways and stack them and you get a good idea of the size of the cards. Sadly, only those sold during Kickstarter were made. No extras were available for sale.

I have also learned a lot about Tarot cards and their meaning while Lorenzo was working on his Keymaster Tarot. I also have a few others, including Usii's Supra Tarot. Tarot decks can take card art to a whole new level. The artwork here is what sucked me in. I think he did a phenomenal job.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Bradius wrote:I also have a few others, including Usii's Supra Tarot. Tarot decks can take card art to a whole new level. The artwork here is what sucked me in. I think he did a phenomenal job.
Supra is not a Tarot deck. Just to clarify.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Gonzalo
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Gonzalo »

Harvonsgard wrote:
Bradius wrote:I also have a few others, including Usii's Supra Tarot. Tarot decks can take card art to a whole new level. The artwork here is what sucked me in. I think he did a phenomenal job.
Supra is not a Tarot deck. Just to clarify.
Well, it's an oracle deck, as are James R. Eads'. Beautiful, nonetheless.

And Uusi has tarot decks like Brut that are out of this world.
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

Wow, what a ride this campaign has been. I thought it was going great, then it started to sink, and now it's fully funded out of the blue. I don't know what provided that final boost, but whatever it was it was right on time.

Still a few days left if this appeals to you, and there's new minor arcana artwork as well.
Harvonsgard

Noice. Glad it got funded. I'm still on the fence though if I should pick up tarot decks or not. Looks like a way too deep rabbit hole :D .

You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Harvonsgard wrote:I'm still on the fence though if I should pick up tarot decks or not. Looks like a way too deep rabbit hole :D
Dooo itttt :uggrin: :lol:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Harvonsgard

hsbc wrote:
Harvonsgard wrote:I'm still on the fence though if I should pick up tarot decks or not. Looks like a way too deep rabbit hole :D
Dooo itttt :uggrin: :lol:
My wallet already is crying in pain every month without tarot decks. How dare you, to not think about him for a second!

:lol: :lol:

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, it was Sunish that threw me down the Tarot rabbit hole some time ago. Since then, there have been several others to get me to journey a bit with Tarot decks. If this one doesn't get you to back a tarot deck, then get ready when Stockholm17 has his Keymaster Tarot on Kickstarter. I double-dare you to resist that deck!

I am glad this one stuck through some rough seas and will land safely in Kickstarter port in a few days. 105% funded at this point.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Yep, Keymaster will be my first. It may be the only one I ever buy, but I need that one.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
Harvonsgard

Haha, yah Keymaster; that is a no-brainer for me as well. In retrospective it feels like this is what the House of the Rising Spades always was meant to be from the start. Lorenzo himself didn't even know back when he started or he knew but it wasn't clear and covered in the mists of his mind.

The Titanic Tarot is on my upcoming purchases-pile for now. :D But it has to wait for its final turn. Other decks have priority and this still has to be produced and send to the backers first.

Bradius

Re: Titanic Tarot Cards now live on KS (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

48 hours to go. Last call to jump on a sinking ship.
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Aaaaah why I missed this? ;3;
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Message RJ, he will likely have a few extras, so it may not be too late to get in on this deck.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

It's not too late to get the Titanic Tarot. I'm currently running my Backerkit now. The wood boxes start to get manufactured next week. Delivery should be in May if things continue to run smoothly. Here's a link to the Backerkit... https://titanic-tarot-cards.backerkit.c ... _preorders

I'm also working on a Oz inspired tarot deck.
OZ Back 3.jpg
OZ Back 3.jpg (217.55 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
OZ Fool.jpg
OZ Fool.jpg (201.23 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Barclay Mountains Co.
laitostarr777

rjtomlinson1977 wrote:It's not too late to get the Titanic Tarot. I'm currently running my Backerkit now. The wood boxes start to get manufactured next week. Delivery should be in May if things continue to run smoothly. Here's a link to the Backerkit... https://titanic-tarot-cards.backerkit.c ... _preorders

I'm also working on a Oz inspired tarot deck.
OZ Back 3.jpg
OZ Fool.jpg
I finally add it up, thank you so much
This will be a great addition to my Bicycle Titanic collection

And, mmm good Wizard of Oz theme
laitostarr777

I finally received the Titanic Tarot cards today. Although, there are two major things that get my excitement turned into utter dissapointment.
When I received it, the wood box has fallen apart, and it literally just break away, and the very poor treatment to fix it is using a sticky duct tape which have leave marks on the wood frame. Totally dissapointed.... I have to look for special wood glue in hardware stores (IF there is one). Second, the Star and the Moon cards have the same Roman numerals. Even though the name can tell the difference, but I think wrong number is a serious flaw in tarot cards. Speaking about the *collapsed* wooden box, well.... when things made in China, expect lesser expectation ;/
The received Titanic Tarot Cards
The received Titanic Tarot Cards
The broken wooden box
The broken wooden box
The same Roman numeral number
The same Roman numeral number
Other than that, the Titanic Tarot cards is a great addition to those who have the Bicycle Titanic playing cards or who likes the history of Titanic
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

The box would be a major disappointment. He said recently that he is getting a replacement card made fixing the duplicate numbered card. He is printing the replacement card when he prints Oz. It will take a while to get it but you will.
Harvonsgard

Indeed an oof... moment when the highly anticipated box arrives. I'll hope you'll be able to get a replacement for the box. Cheap manufacturing is indeed a double edged sword. I personally refrain from buying cheap, because it's mostly true that if you buy cheap you'll buy twice. A premium good asks a premium price though, which unfortunately not everyone is willing to pay.

laitostarr777

brownsl wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:47 am The box would be a major disappointment. He said recently that he is getting a replacement card made fixing the duplicate numbered card. He is printing the replacement card when he prints Oz. It will take a while to get it but you will.
Yes I have heard of that news, and I will wait for it
In the meantime, I need to get that wood glue to fix the box myself ;/ and about that duct tape marks.... there is nothing i can do about it...
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

I have not received my pledge yet. I assume my box will also not be in good shape. Another disappointing thing with this campaign is I added on for a couple of the jumbo titanic decks and he decide not to make them, I got a set of other decks, some of which I already had. :x
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Are you from a Asian country? I've been noticing that most if not all of these broken boxes are arriving in Asian counties. One should keep in mind, that I have no power on how the postal services in various countries deliver their mail. I can, however, spend several hundred on special air bags. Did you box not arrive well packaged? If so, let me know and i'll complain to the fulfillment company as I spent a fortune to make sure these were packaged extremely well.

The box wasn't cheaply made. This was a very good product. It arrived poorly because of your postal service. I'm angry that the wrong people are being blamed!!!! I could say a lot more but I'll bite my tongue. I could send you a 100 replacement boxes but they would probably all arrive like this. Not because the boxes are poorly made but because the boxes are poorly delivered.

The tape was probably added by the postal service when they realized they messed up your package.

The misprinted card was my fault. I have no problem taking blame for that. I have no problem people airing their dirty laundry over something I actually did wrong. But it angers me to be accused of making a cheap product. It angers me to hear this racism towards the Chinese. It angers me that not once did you put blame towards the true reason your packaged arrived in bad condition (your postal service).
Barclay Mountains Co.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

brownsl wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:37 am I have not received my pledge yet. I assume my box will also not be in good shape. Another disappointing thing with this campaign is I added on for a couple of the jumbo titanic decks and he decide not to make them, I got a set of other decks, some of which I already had. :x
Did you not get my email about your options? I offered a refund or these other decks. Is this not the truth?
Barclay Mountains Co.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

It looks like, to my eyes anyway, the image for the moon and the star have same numeral. All you lot who backed this campaign knew it was flawed. He showed you all from day and page one. So with this basic bit of info in hand, is this actually an error? Nope, it's just become a Feature. You're welcome, bad day averted with a little change in perspective. :D
This Titanic Tarot Cards deck Features a couple cards with the same numerals on them!

The box though, that thing is broken. :(
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Fes wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:50 am It looks like, to my eyes anyway, the image for the moon and the star have same numeral. All you lot who backed this campaign knew it was flawed. He showed you all from day and page one. So with this basic bit of info in hand, is this actually an error? Nope, it's just become a Feature. You're welcome, bad day averted with a little change in perspective. :D
This Titanic Tarot Cards deck Features a couple cards with the same numerals on them!

It's because those two cards are right next to each other. It just happens to be missing an extra "I". But say what you will.
Barclay Mountains Co.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Fes wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:50 am It looks like, to my eyes anyway, the image for the moon and the star have same numeral. All you lot who backed this campaign knew it was flawed. He showed you all from day and page one. So with this basic bit of info in hand, is this actually an error? Nope, it's just become a Feature. You're welcome, bad day averted with a little change in perspective. :D

What was flawed with this project from day one and page one? That doesn't make sense. I'm still trying to figure it out. I put my heart and soul into this project. It turned out amazing with the exception of the misprinted cad (which is my fault and easy to fix). The only other problem I hear is how the postal services have mishandled some of the boxes. How's that my fault? How is that a flawed project?
This project had very few flaws. So, I'm curious to hear your opinion to why you think it was flawed.
Barclay Mountains Co.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

brownsl wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:37 am I have not received my pledge yet. I assume my box will also not be in good shape. Another disappointing thing with this campaign is I added on for a couple of the jumbo titanic decks and he decide not to make them, I got a set of other decks, some of which I already had. :x
'
Is this not you.....

Hi RJ,

I will do the second option, convert to regular sized ones.

Thanks,

Shawn

It sounds like you opted for option 2. If I recall, I sent you several decks. But here you are acting like I screwed you. Thanks.
Barclay Mountains Co.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

rjtomlinson1977 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:24 am

What was flawed with this project from day one and page one? That doesn't make sense. I'm still trying to figure it out. I put my heart and soul into this project. It turned out amazing with the exception of the misprinted cad (which is my fault and easy to fix). The only other problem I hear is how the postal services have mishandled some of the boxes. How's that my fault? How is that a flawed project?
This project had very few flaws. So, I'm curious to hear your opinion to why you think it was flawed.
Sure no problem I'll tell you RJ. Your campaign page, look at the cards in question. The Moon and The Star. You have them there, you're showing the whole wide world. The flaw is there for all to see and they backed you. You delivered exactly what you promised, right down to the flawed numbering on the cards.

I was distracted with breakfast so I guess my wording wasn't the best. Anyway, I know you're very likely feasting n a grumblecake at the moment. Mistakes happen RJ, it's okay to be human. you had 279 other sets of eyes on these and they all missed it too. Like I said, it's a feature now. Misprints have stories, misprints add character and value to things, especially given that you're going to fix it. It doesn't have to be a bad day. ;)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
laitostarr777

Harvonsgard wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:14 am Indeed an oof... moment when the highly anticipated box arrives. I'll hope you'll be able to get a replacement for the box. Cheap manufacturing is indeed a double edged sword. I personally refrain from buying cheap, because it's mostly true that if you buy cheap you'll buy twice. A premium good asks a premium price though, which unfortunately not everyone is willing to pay.
I just wish I just order the cards, otherwise i would never post those flaw

And RJ, if you are seeing this, then I am sorry, that my wordings here somehow leads to a bad smear towards you. I am only here to posts the photos as proof that the project had been realized.
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

rjtomlinson1977 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:49 am
Did you not get my email about your options? I offered a refund or these other decks. Is this not the truth?
The refund was definitely an option, that is true. I was not told what decks would be sent to me other than the smaller Titanic decks. I wanted to see the Titanic smaller so I took the deck option. I am not sure why the jumbo decks were not made but I was very much looking forward to getting them.