Black Reserve Note - Green Edition by KW

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

Black Reserve Note - Green Edition by KW

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Short Subs now, limited releases for three time slots.

Black Reserve Note - Green Edition STD Only 790 Produced: $40

Green Gilded - Black Reserve Note - Green Edition Only 250 Produced: $60

Black Gilded - Black Reserve Note - Green Edition Only 50 Produced: $80
Tuck box different, cards the same.

Black Reserve Note - Green Edition - Tripple Set: $172

For those who are interested.
Personally, easy pass for me for color swap reprint and steep price jump for gilding + LIMITED quantity + time slot hype factor.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
PrincessTrouble
Player: Yes

Re: Black Reserve Note - Green Edition by KW

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Decknowledgy wrote: Personally, easy pass for me for color swap reprint and steep price jump for gilding + LIMITED quantity per time slot factor.
If I remember correctly, the Unbranded Black Reserve Note deck was one of the rarer decks in the Fed 52 Kickstarter campaign and commanded exorbitant prices on the aftermarket. You might easily dismiss it as a color swap reprint, but it's not likely an easy pass for many of us.
Decknowledgy

PrincessTrouble wrote:
Decknowledgy wrote: Personally, easy pass for me for color swap reprint and steep price jump for gilding + LIMITED quantity per time slot factor.
If I remember correctly, the Unbranded Black Reserve Note deck was one of the rarer decks in the Fed 52 Kickstarter campaign and commanded exorbitant prices on the aftermarket. You might easily dismiss it as a color swap reprint, but it's not likely an easy pass for many of us.
Just not long ago, the Red edition Black Reserve Note was released, IG then was saturated with reseller posts, and now there's still some with ridiculous prices listed on eBay. And still, international subscribers are not welcomed to the party as the delayed shipping program is not eligible for decks other than the monthly subscriptions. Plus, the expected high custom charges as usual when physical prices this steep is tacked onto the parcel to avoid commiting US federal offense for KW. So yeah, no thanks for my overseas status.

But I'm posting this for those on UC that would be interested and whom would enjoy cheap domestic shipping.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Delayed shipping is and has been available for all international shipments for a couple months now.

Just use code delayed-shipping when checking out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Decknowledgy

Strag wrote:Delayed shipping is and has been available for all international shipments for a couple months now.

I've checked with Nick before, and I'm using the program now, but he told me that the program is only for subscription decks. So these individual releases don't count and will be sent right after purchase, unless the policy changed again.
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Decknowledgy wrote:
Strag wrote:Delayed shipping is and has been available for all international shipments for a couple months now.

I've checked with Nick before, and I'm using the program now, but he told me that the program is only for subscription decks. So these individual releases don't count and will be sent right after purchase, unless the policy changed again.
I've been using it for 2 months now and used it on my order from earlier this morning. Check again mate ;)

Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I have to admit that the simple back noir has something intriguing for me. I really like that. The green metallic inner foil is a turn-off though.
Overall, White Reserve note stays may favorite therefore, happy to pass on these.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

I got a couple of regular decks and a green gilded version but am not going to hunt for the black gilded one. A tad too expensive and not sure that the black gilding justifies that.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

$40?? Is this deck (hot or cold) foiled in anyway?? Otherwise can't understand how could this be this expensive... Well JR knows how to milk his cow...

Yeah, Unbranded Black Reserve Note is still one of my all time favourites, so it will be a hard pass, but I'm not willing to please JR's ego by paying this stupid amount of money for a recolored deck!
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

Just grabbed the green gilded. The black is sold out. Also saw the non gilded available as well as the old Ironsides decks.
Harvonsgard

james001a wrote:old Ironsides decks.
Could someone with acces post some pictures in the Old Ironsides thread? Thanks in advance.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Flat-out disappointing.

None of the original Federal 52 series should've been reprinted in any way. I already condemned the "Federal 52 V2" decks way back when.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Decknowledgy

sms69x wrote:$40?? Is this deck (hot or cold) foiled in anyway?? Otherwise can't understand how could this be this expensive... Well JR knows how to milk his cow...

Yeah, Unbranded Black Reserve Note is still one of my all time favourites, so it will be a hard pass, but I'm not willing to please JR's ego by paying this stupid amount of money for a recolored deck!
No, the card as just as you saw, just cards, red tone swapped with green. Only the tuck box is different from the original white, but still a color swap from the red edition. The involvement of foil only happened on the tuck box. The difference between the STD and the GILDED cards, of course, is only the gilding, with a $20 jump. The $20 price difference between the GREEN gilding and the BLACK gilding though, is totally out of my range of reasoning... perhaps because the green foil on the tuck swapped with black foil? Oh, of course, 50 is <<<<<<<<<< 250. Still mindboggling for the pricing.

But no worries, first batch just out, some order page screenshots have already been posted on Instagram. Hype will be hype: "So excite! Such wow! I'm the quick hand that nabbed the LTD releases at the moment of drop! Must share!" :) There will be two other time slots open for subscribers, so the deals that show "Sold Out" is just temporary for the first launch but seemingly effective for pumping later sales. :roll:
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

People from the States: We <3 JR, he is awesome and we'll buy it all, no matter the price. @gio everything he does is the same pfff

People from EU: JR is milking hard and is too expensive with shipping and customs @gio He is awesome, hell yeah!

heheh xD
Harvonsgard

shkorc wrote:People from the States: We <3 JR, he is awesome and we'll buy it all, no matter the price. @gio everything he does is the same pfff

People from EU: JR is milking hard and is too expensive with shipping and customs @gio He is awesome, hell yeah!

heheh xD

Decknowledgy

shkorc wrote:People from the States: We <3 JR, he is awesome and we'll buy it all, no matter the price. @gio everything he does is the same pfff

heheh xD
Wonder if folks not from either zones will think: Gio and JR are mediocre. @Nicolai is the KING! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
Harvonsgard

Decknowledgy wrote:Wonder if folks not from either zones will think: Gio and JR are mediocre. @Nicolai is the KING! :lol: :lol: :lol:

akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

theCapraAegagrus wrote:Flat-out disappointing.

None of the original Federal 52 series should've been reprinted in any way. I already condemned the "Federal 52 V2" decks way back when.
The problem with federal 52 v2 is way bigger than that. The letterpress edition is a fxking joke
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Flat-out disappointing.

One more example that theCapraAegagrus dishes it out to JR too when he disagrees with his actions.

I am guessing the prices for these decks are set higher because of the limited number of decks he is releasing, and that the Black Reserve Note (especially the unbranded) has a high resale market value. Some of his very limited decks sell for astounding sums on eBay. That said, the extra prices don't add a ton of extra revenue because they are multiplied by such a low volume.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

sms69x wrote:$40?? Is this deck (hot or cold) foiled in anyway?? Otherwise can't understand how could this be this expensive... Well JR knows how to milk his cow...

$40 was the original Kickstarter price for the Black Reserve Note deck. How is offering this recolored reprint at the original price so offensive to some?
Harvonsgard

Bradius wrote:That said, the extra prices don't add a ton of extra revenue because they are multiplied by such a low volume.
Don't worry, I bet JR is doing his math homework quite well. :lol:
Is he milking, definetly. Is it wrong, of course not. I'd rather see $80 (of course minus production costs and everything) going towards the creator than seeing these deck retail for $40 and then popping up on eBay for $100. It sure won't stop people to put up the black gilded ones on eBay for $200 to $300, but who could blame them if some folks are willing to pay these prices.
The market is what it is.

PrincessTrouble wrote:$40 was the original Kickstarter price for the Black Reserve Note deck. How is offering this recolored reprint at the original price so offensive to some?
Some will always complain about the prices unless they get something gifted.

irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

I am one of the few people lucky enough to get the triple set (+ the extra black gilded deck) from the first launch. I don't really know the history of these federal decks and I don't have any decks in this line, except the mass produced version that is still available in the KWP website (which I believe is the v2?). I agree the price is a bit steeper than the usual KWP decks, but seeing as I wanted one of the reserve decks so I can say I finally have one, I guess I can live with it.

Harvonsgard wrote: Don't worry, I bet JR is doing his math homework quite well. :lol:
Is he milking, definetly. Is it wrong, of course not. I'd rather see $80 (of course minus production costs and everything) going towards the creator than seeing these deck retail for $40 and then popping up on eBay for $100. It sure won't stop people to put up the black gilded ones on eBay for $200 to $300, but who could blame them if some folks are willing to pay these prices.
The market is what it is.
I am honestly scared of seeing how ridiculously people are willing to pay in the after market for the black gilded and how much people will be selling them for.. It's egregious how people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for just a stack of paper really and how much resellers want to jack up the prices. But as Harvonsgard mentioned, the market is what it is..
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

PrincessTrouble wrote:

$40 was the original Kickstarter price for the Black Reserve Note deck. How is offering this recolored reprint at the original price so offensive to some?
This. The price on the 900-run deck doesn't bother me. I think that both of the gilded versions are really dumb, though.

JR has so much originality, evidenced by his subscription decks, that revisiting this series is just stupid to me. It kinda taints the legacy of one of the biggest Kickstarters of all-time.

Unrelated to Princess' post: Regardless of how high the MSRP is set by the creator, the aftermarket will always inflate the price. That's a non-factor and only screws the creator's potential reach and reduces their maximum audience.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

PrincessTrouble wrote:

Well, putting it that way, I think it would make sense, but since then we have come a long way, and now we know that it is possible to have a limited production run of 500 deck with cold foil on the faces and back for about $20 - $25 USD (Hello Tiki V2 BLACK ULTRA edition). Not saying that at the time JR took advantage on the backers and punished them by asking such a high price, but nowadays this is a very high price for a deck that has nothing more than a fantastic artwork...
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Triple set sold out in under a minute. Clearly being hammered. Oh well.

brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I was able to get a black gilded deck. I was not collecting when the Reserve decks were first released so I am happy to get some now. Plus I thought black gilding would look really good.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I couldn't get free until a few minutes after noon and missed them. I'll be busy at 7PM as well, so will pass on these. I am fine with that as I already have the originals and these don't interest me enough given the price. The fact that my bank account is screaming at me is irrelevant, as I routinely ignore its protests. :mrgreen:

Congrats though that scored some of the black gilded decks.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I wouldn't paid $300+ for the red one in the after market but the green gilded doesn't look bad. Black gilded doesn't appeal to me, take a black market and color in any deck.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

The green foil does look great on the black tuck. Black foil, and I assume black gilding, is a mystery to me though. It just looks like glossy black ink or the UV spot printing.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

I am one of the few who wasn't collecting KWP decks when the original Black Reserve Note came about. I saw this as a great opportunity to get one, considering the cards are the same. Definitely a premium price, but nowhere near what they are selling for on eBay.

These look incredible and I am so happy to check BRN off my list, thanks to some amazing help by @Romeril :D
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards