MPC The ONE (Portland Ed.) / KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

MPC The ONE (Portland Ed.) / KS

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

The Cardistry-Con Edition, the remaining 1000.

"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Re: MPC The ONE (Portland Ed.) / KS

Unread post by Justin O. »

Courts are pretty bad, but I like that they are custom. Like to see some love for my city, but they should have matched the fimbriations on the flag, I think it would both look better and make for a better homage.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Well this is interesting...
screenshot-www.kickstarter.com-2019.08.29-03_01_41.png
screenshot-www.kickstarter.com-2019.08.29-03_01_41.png (32.06 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

This and that dumb roses deck, with the ambiguous 'we'll cross that road when we get to it' solutions to limiting orders without a system to limit orders in place. I hope this isn't a KS trend that continues.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
Eric Lee
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

I was wondering about that limit and how they would control it. Probably doesn't expect this to be a big hit. They do know their market.

Is KS ok with having the deck already released at CCon 2019? Is it just so that it's not been released for sale worldwide? Just curious about their rules on this.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Justin O. wrote:This and that dumb roses deck, with the ambiguous 'we'll cross that road when we get to it' solutions to limiting orders without a system to limit orders in place. I hope this isn't a KS trend that continues.
It doesn't make sense for me to do this, unless people really care that much about rarity in terms of print run. Why not just state "We will print 1000 decks or however many is pledged for on KS"? Would less people pledge just because they might sell 1500 and therefore it'll be less "limited"? I just can't see that being the case. If you have a product that people want, why limit the sales of it?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

The ONE piece of s&*t that makes me hate on MPC recently.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Justin O. wrote:This and that dumb roses deck, with the ambiguous 'we'll cross that road when we get to it' solutions to limiting orders without a system to limit orders in place. I hope this isn't a KS trend that continues.
It doesn't make sense for me to do this, unless people really care that much about rarity in terms of print run. Why not just state "We will print 1000 decks or however many is pledged for on KS"? Would less people pledge just because they might sell 1500 and therefore it'll be less "limited"? I just can't see that being the case. If you have a product that people want, why limit the sales of it?
I think it is already printed as 500 were sold/given away at CardCon with 1,000 being left from the print run.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

shermjack wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:
I think it is already printed as 500 were sold/given away at CardCon with 1,000 being left from the print run.
Well then it just breaks KS rules...
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

My 2 cents: KS can be a blessing and a curse. On the one hand I'm sure you'd want to sell as many decks as possible to make as much money as possible. But on the other hand you probably want to be transparent and specify exactly how many decks you're printing. Also, maybe there's a desire for exclusivity- print less, more demand, more hype.

I personally don't have a problem with MPC's tactics or response. It wouldn't be the way I would run a KS but as long as they make it clear how many decks they're printing then it shouldn't matter. Seems like extra work to me (Tom's suggestion seems very logical) but maybe they do just know their market (as Eric stated). Whether or not they should be using KS to print a deck that's already in existence is another topic entirely.
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

Not directly relevant, but MPC are in my sh*t book.

They've bought or otherwise "acquired" a specific-use email address of mine and started sending me email on it with no way to unsubscribe - built-in unsubscribe feature, no link to follow. The email comes from a "do not reply" address, and they don't have any of "sales@", "help@", "support@", etc set up as email addresses.

I despise slimy and absolutely deliberate stuff like that.

/rant off
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Casual Pixels wrote:Not directly relevant, but MPC are in my sh*t book.

They've bought or otherwise "acquired" a specific-use email address of mine and started sending me email on it with no way to unsubscribe - built-in unsubscribe feature, no link to follow. The email comes from a "do not reply" address, and they don't have any of "sales@", "help@", "support@", etc set up as email addresses.

/rant off
That is actually illegal.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Casual Pixels wrote:Not directly relevant, but MPC are in my sh*t book.

/rant off
Weird - I just got an MPC email today and my experience is totally different. The email is from marketing [at] MPC and at the bottom of the message, there are links to unsubscribe and to manage my subscription preferences. The links work too :uggrin: :?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J