Fable by Lotrek

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
tapunan

Re: Fable by Lotrek

Unread post by tapunan »

Thanks - I emailed him and he sent a tracking number. Was just confused as I remember posting somewhere here saying he doesn't really send notifications and there were people who said he does. I do get shipping notifications on some order without having to email him. Anyway, I will just always keep an eye out here and in reddit for future orders :)
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Fable by Lotrek (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

Lotrek ships with tracking, but there is not a simple way he can email tracking numbers to everyone. So, don’t expect a tracking number, unless you think there is a problem. Then email Lotrek for your tracking number.

I just received my package on Friday, so folks are still receiving them. Most should get them by the end of this week if you didn’t get it last week.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I'm expecting several decks this week, Lotrek among them. I'm really looking forward to seeing these. Should be here by the end of the week. Greek Post is generally pretty good.
gacktvam
White Whale: PIXEL LINCOLN [BICYCLE]
Decks Owned: 1800

Unread post by gacktvam »

Just got my test print and crafted version in Hong Kong. :ugthink:
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Bradius wrote:A quick search on eBay....yep!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotreks-Fable- ... Swp~pdVws6
Wrong thread. Belongs in the Sellers on crack thread!
I love how sellers think that rare is synonymous with expensive.
I got my test deck this weekend and would advice only for extrem Lotrek "completionists" to buy it. As somebody working in the print industry I'm always curious to see what Lotrek comes up with, that is why I buy these from him. That said, the test version is underwhelming imo. The stock isn't that good, compared to e.g. Less stock. I like the court designs and the foil work is exceptionel (as always from Lotrek), but not 160 US$(!) exceptional. Especially when one gets a craft version or the final version for less then this mo**er****ing m**on wants to sell his test version.
Kermode wrote:I managed to snag some craft decks, but I missed out on the test decks just barely. :( If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please let me know!
If you still want one, I would trade you my test deck for a craft version. Shoot me a pm shipping would be from/to Germany.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Kermode
White Whale: ICONS Imperial Reverse
Decks Owned: 60

Unread post by Kermode »

PM'ed you.

Got my craft decks today here in Canada; these look amazing! The intricate foil and design work on the backs, holy smokes. Only thing is that they are very snug inside the box and it takes some effort to get them out, but aside from that I can't believe this isn't the final version.
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19054/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Interesting. I prefer the Fable Test stock over the Less Test stock. I am not a big fan of the "foam" stock, even if thinner than what has been used in the past. If you have just the Fable Test deck, it doesn't have the great hot foil on it, so I don't think you are getting the real effect of what the deck is going to be like. I like having test decks, but those without the hot foil tend to miss the full effect.

I don't think the decks on sale on eBay for the Test Decks are in the same league of "crack" as many others. Keep in mind it was a limited release and only one deck per person. So, those selling are selling their only deck. That said, I am sure not lining up to get a second deck off of eBay at those prices either. Still, it is available.

I do think that the Fable Craft has made some progress. Mainly I am noticing an improvement in the brightness of the colors on the dark stock. Below is a photo comparison of the QoS from The Ambassador Grey/Black Collectors deck to the Fable Craft deck. Unfortunately, I had to take the photo without lights due to glare and on an old Iphone, but the colors are really brighter on the Fable Craft deck. I can at least see the white is brighter., but even the gold is brighter and crisper. Also, please note the Ambassador Collectors decks were on a "foam" stock, but thicker than that used for the Less Test deck.

Now that I look at the side-by-side photo, I do think the blue index is a little dark when placed directly on the black stock. It is not as noticeable in person to me, but putting a lighter background behind it like Lotrek did for the Ambassadors deck, might help it stand out (or use a lighter ink color for the Index). It also might benefit from a lighter background color or shade so the courts stand out a bit better.
IMG_0071.JPG
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Harvonsgard

Bradius wrote:...it doesn't have the great hot foil on it, so I don't think you are getting the real effect of what the deck is going to be like. I like having test decks, but those without the hot foil tend to miss the full effect.

I don't think the decks on sale on eBay for the Test Decks are in the same league of "crack" as many others. Keep in mind it was a limited release and only one deck per person. So, those selling are selling their only deck.
Agreed on the level of crack. But the old limited spiel doesn’t work for me in any card collecting scenario and shouldn’t work for any other collector, imho. Only reason would be if you really wanna be a museum like completionist, but then I would still advise to not buy from such sellers aswell, because if they can't sell for such ridiculous prices they are forced to offer for more realistic prizes and/or will refrain from reselling completly because shipping and taxes will make it less profitable for them.
As you mentioned yourself, the foil is missing and the craft version have this feature, that is all what counts for me. A better deck for less money. Therefore I would still call it on crack.

EDIT: The seller himself partially agrees with me, since he dropped his asking price to 140 US$ now. Still way too much, imo. But that is for the market to decide :D .
Bradius wrote:I do think the blue index is a little dark when placed directly on the black stock. It is not as noticeable in person to me, but putting a lighter background behind it like Lotrek did for the Ambassadors deck, might help it stand out (or use a lighter ink color for the Index). It also might benefit from a lighter background color or shade so the courts stand out a bit better.
Maybe a layer of white ink underneath the blue would make them pop more. But don't let Lotrek read this otherwise there will be more craft decks until we get our final versions... :lol:
Kermode wrote:Only thing is that they are very snug inside the box and it takes some effort to get them out, but aside from that I can't believe this isn't the final version.
Kind of a frequent Lotrek "problem". Silk both versions, Fable test, Ravn III are very snug. Less, Icons Sacred and House of the Rising Spades are fine though.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Actually there is a white layer under the blue. I may use a lighter tone in the final version but I really like this one.
As for the decks inside the tucks are indeed a bit snug and this will be fixed in the next deck. I have already printed the tucks for Fable so expect them to be tight, too.
Harvonsgard

Lotrek wrote:Actually there is a white layer under the blue.
I've should have never doubted your expertise! I really need to get a linen tester to fully embrace your cards. :D
Can't wait to get the final version. I personally would like the pips and indices to pop a bit more, but am overall very, very pleased with the result and don't really mind it.

shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Also received the test deck. I agree with the indicies being hard to read, would appreciate an improvement there, if possible of course.

The OCD in me also notices the pip position in the corners - it's closer to the inner edge, not centered under the letter and for some reason it irks me :S

Cheers
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Lotrek wrote:this will be fixed in the next deck
*wallet's anxiety intensifies*
Harvonsgard

Adonael wrote:
Lotrek wrote:this will be fixed in the next deck
*wallet's anxiety intensifies*
:ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :lol:

Speaking of which; the BOSCH by Lotrek thread has been pretty quite. :ugthink:

hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

My package arrive but is it suppose to one deck for the Fable Test Bundle? Or is the other deck on the next shipping?

Busy with work so haven't been following
Lotrek wrote:The two editions were indeed sent together. If you haven't gotten both, I apparently made a mistake. Combining the two orders wea really complicated. Right now I'm away for afew days with bad connection but if there is anything wrong with the orders, just send me an email and I ll fix it when I get back.
Nvm..gave me a scare :oops:
portcullis

If all is right with the world I should get this delivery from Lotrek tomorrow (haappy birthday to me!) Definitely Monday.

Just picked up. Nearly the last test deck - 101. Will have a closer look when I get home.
portcullis

Sigh, take care on the craft deck tuck, people. Mine was especially tight. So tight I just ripped mine and I barely slipped my thumb in.
Kurama
Decks Owned: 290

Unread post by Kurama »

Sometimes a deck of Lotrek is like a bottle of ketchup: you have to shake it to access the goodies... :oops:
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/17634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Lotrek might send you a replacement. I am sure they cost a fortune to make. I think the point though was to not have the cards in the tuck. That said, these cards were really tight in this tuck.

I’ve also noticed what Lotek said about the hot stamping was a bit hard as you can see the triangle impression on the face side of the cards.
portcullis

Yeah. I’ll send an email in a few days if I don’t hear anything here. It’s not a fatal rip. Just annoying. It’s still an effort to get those cards out despite the rip. It’s maybe 1/3rd down the back of the tuck.

Kurama, I’ll remember that for next time, but even so my usual method (iPhone key under) was not possible this time around.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

You got yours on Friday? I still don't have mine, crossing my fingers for this afternoon and keeping an ear out for the sound of the postie bike.
portcullis

Yesterday Adonael. Italics were edited in about this time (lunchtime) yesterday. I calculated Friday 23rd on the basis that the Greek Post usually takes ~2 weeks. But everyone knows the postie van that goes north from Sydney stops off at Nimbin for the weekend.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Ah, makes sense, definitely by the end of the week then I would expect. I shouldn't be so excited as I might be trying to sell the test deck when I get it, silly me only decided to exclude those kinds of decks from my collection a week after I made the order lol! But it is a Lotrek package so I can't help it.

Edit: Woo, got it, updated my sell page.
SirCrunoke
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

I hope this shall not be a secret but the market for the "Craft Fable Decks" is back open.
I don't know if it is timelimited, so better hurry up before it is over again. 257 at the time writing left.
Shipping is very friendly, thanks for that Lotrek! ;)
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Oh nice. Thanks for posting SirCrunoke. I have been checking regularly, so it must have opened up again today. I would expect they will linger around until eventually sold, so I don't think they will disappear anytime soon. However, you never know. I think for the price, they are a very affordable hot foil deck from Lotrek. They are a little more than the Ambassador Collectors decks, but those were only in one foil on the backs, so for not much more these seem a very affordable option.

If you want to go for the full final version, there are still 32 available.

If you want something a bit more limited, his Icon's prints only have 9 available.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Must. Resist. Those craft tucks are so damn cute.
tapunan

Unread post by tapunan »

Adonael wrote:You got yours on Friday? I still don't have mine, crossing my fingers for this afternoon and keeping an ear out for the sound of the postie bike.
I still don't have mine also. The card I ordered from Thirdway Industries about 2 weeks after this has already arrived last week. Hopefully the Fable cards will arrive sometime soon in Australia.
SirCrunoke
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

Bradius wrote:Oh nice. Thanks for posting SirCrunoke. I have been checking regularly, so it must have opened up again today. I would expect they will linger around until eventually sold, so I don't think they will disappear anytime soon. However, you never know.
If I can do something that easy for this Community or Lotrek I am happy to do so. You're welcome.
Yes they opened a bit before I wrote it yesterday. I know from an insider that they should have opened on Monday, but you know Lotrek, if it is not late, it is not Lotrek. :lol:
And I am with you with the approximate take down, but I wanted to give a little bit more shivering. So those who are thinking about buying, would maybe buy more ambitious.
That said, you never know when they will be gone again. :D
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

Okay I've tried my simple best to follow this thread, but am now convinced I've missed something important.

I received my test deck a couple of weeks back. When is the full foiled version due for issue?
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

The original release date for the test deck and the official deck was going to be in July. In the 11th hour, Lotrek decided his final version was not quite up to his standards, so he named those the Craft edition and released them, along with any test decks that were purchased, in August.

His plan was to release the proper, complete edition by mid-September, so it might be late again. But it's Lotrek, so...:D
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
codybear

Unread post by codybear »

BaconWise wrote:so it might be late again. But it's Lotrek, so...:D

I have read this somewhere... Oh yeah almost on all forums pertaining to any deck every handled by the man. :shock: I mean, when is this statement ever NOT going be used.

I thought I also read Lotrek has or had "supposedly" worked all the flaws/kinks prior to-and/or during production to avoid these delays. Guess im wrong,

Tell me im wrong :ugking: