Bicycle Tie Dye - Version 2

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Bicycle Tie Dye - Version 2

Unread post by CBJ »

Well, Merz is at it again...

"Cards Feature a Tie Dye Designed Back that can be used in any standard 52 card game and even includes 2 Gaff cards to do a magic card trick called Million Dollar Monte. The jokers are a Love & a Peace colored pin. There is also a a peace sign on each of the pips of every card, the court cards clothing show they have interesting style, and look real close at the suicide King of Hearts which normally has him holding a knife thru his head, but this deck has something different instead of the knife."

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
doobybrain

Re: Bicycle Tie Dye - Version 2

Unread post by doobybrain »

I like this. Any word on release date?
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

doobybrain wrote:I like this. Any word on release date?
It's already available from a seller named Merz67
http://myworld.ebay.ca/merz67/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's his deck.. he'll be the only one to carry it for a while

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
doobybrain

Just got these in my possession. Pretty neat and they go along well with the colorful Tie Dye version 1.
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

doobybrain wrote:Just got these in my possession. Pretty neat and they go along well with the colorful Tie Dye version 1.

I've only seen them on Ebay once. Where did you get them?

Jay
CBJ

chess

Unread post by chess »

I don't buy merz decks.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Damon I like this deck but I will not encourage Merz. Oh well.
Firthetic

Unread post by Firthetic »

walrus wrote:Damon I like this deck but I will not encourage Merz. Oh well.
chess wrote:I don't buy merz decks.
I'm new here and curious, so I'll bite the bullet and ask - what's up with Merz that makes some of you not want to buy his decks?
doobybrain

Firthetic wrote:
I'm new here and curious, so I'll bite the bullet and ask - what's up with Merz that makes some of you not want to buy his decks?
Actually I'm curious too. I'm not new here, but I think this one has flown right over my head.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Never bought a Merz deck, never will.
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

doobybrain wrote:
Firthetic wrote:
Actually I'm curious too. I'm not new here, but I think this one has flown right over my head.

He doesn't respond to any questions, He adds no protection to your order. Decks are sent out in an envelope that isn't even a bubble envelope, just a flat plain envelope. So it is like playing roulette as to whether or not your deck will arrive damaged or not. If it does, he will not do anything about it. That is why he has 11 negatives in 1300 feedbacks.

He is selling his custom decks for ridiculous money and after he soaks up all the excess money from people who don't know any better, he drops the price dramatically. Take a look at the Santa backs he just had made. He is selling them in set for $40. New people don't even realize they are not the original Santa backs. He was selling the trace decks for about the same price and now dropped them down to $9.95. What happened to all those people who paid the $20 per deck? They got ripped off. Most people here have had nothing but trouble in dealing with him.

Thanks!
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

BMPokerworld wrote:
doobybrain wrote:
Firthetic wrote:

He doesn't respond to any questions, He adds no protection to your order. Decks are sent out in an envelope that isn't even a bubble envelope, just a flat plain envelope. So it is like playing roulette as to whether or not your deck will arrive damaged or not. If it does, he will not do anything about it. That is why he has 11 negatives in 1300 feedbacks.

He is selling his custom decks for ridiculous money and after he soaks up all the excess money from people who don't know any better, he drops the price dramatically. Take a look at the Santa backs he just had made. He is selling them in set for $40. New people don't even realize they are not the original Santa backs. He was selling the trace decks for about the same price and now dropped them down to $9.95. What happened to all those people who paid the $20 per deck? They got ripped off. Most people here have had nothing but trouble in dealing with him.

Thanks!
And doesn't he also hold the monopoly on his decks? Never letting them go to a re-seller...?
No matter where you go... there you are :|
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Sharpie wrote: And doesn't he also hold the monopoly on his decks? Never letting them go to a re-seller...?
Well yeah, but you can't really fault him for doing that.

The only thing I would add to what Mike said is: just count the number of custom decks he's had made, and look at their quality and price.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
doobybrain

BMPokerworld wrote:
doobybrain wrote:
Firthetic wrote:

Thanks!
Interesting! Never knew that. I think I've ever only bought from him once on eBay (but it was so long ago that I couldn't remember if it was badly packaged). I got my deck through another seller and it came shipped as I would expect -- wrapped several times in bubble wrap, no damage. Sure, it's a premium to pay for a deck, but that's what collecting is sometimes about I guess. :) You win some, you lose some.