Anyone familiar with Shuffled Ink, printer of custom decks?

Anything and everything playing cards!
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Anyone familiar with Shuffled Ink, printer of custom decks?

Unread post by EndersGame »

This is a company that produces custom playing cards, similar to MakePlayingCards (MPC), but is based in the US.

Website link: https://shuffledink.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone ever heard of them, or used them, or have any experiences or information to share?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

vincent1018

Re: Anyone familiar with Shuffled Ink, printer of custom dec

Unread post by vincent1018 »

From what I'm aware of Jackson Robinson of Kings Wild Project has printed twice with Shuffled Ink. Both with Old Ironside and Haunted 8s. He also mentioned that both experiences had hurdles, Shuffled Ink had to reprint because of printing issues.

As far as the cards themselves, I would say they are close to Expert Playing Cards as they are stiff and the sides feel like they've been covered similar to Gilding? (I can't explain it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robcan0630

Unread post by robcan0630 »

I don’t think I have any decks printed by them, but I believe Jackson Robinson has used them in the past (pretty sure Deck the Halls deck was printed by them). Hope this helps get you started in a direction.

Edit: Vincent's post came through while I was typing mine. I do have an Old Ironsides deck... haven't handled it much though.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Check out Jackson's thread on his Subscription service.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12076&p=135865&hili ... nk#p135865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However at his latest Insta Live yesterday, he mentioned that they screwed up the printing the Hallowed 8 and Ironsides. Both times they had to reprint. In fact, JR sold the Ironsides error decks at $4 per deck and then going down to $2 during the moving sales. Ok I suppose if you're not on a tight schedule like JR's monthly subs.

Also the latest KS project by macstrat, Magistrate playing cards is using them as the printer. Here's the link from mac's thread on this viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12520&p=140455&hil ... nk#p140455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another earlier KS project Country Rose also used them.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12155&p=136448&hili ... nk#p136448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was from a quick search of Shuffled Ink on the search bar :)
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Eric Lee wrote:...Also the latest KS project by macstrat, Magistrate playing cards is using them as the printer. Here's the link from mac's thread on this viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12520&p=140455&hil ... nk#p140455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..
:?: :?:
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Magistrate1500

Unread post by Magistrate1500 »

I’m using them on my current campaign with a stretch goal to USPCC. Here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... =user_menu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I’m happy with the quality and they work and print fast (about three weeks after final approval). I’ve printed three sets of prototypes and they redid one due to printing errors. 1000 decks with tuck cases will be around $3500 so it’s a good way to try to get some momentum with a smaller funding goal. Kind of depends on what you are trying to do. I’ve been very happy with their customer service. Always quick to respond and very helpful.
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Re: Anyone familiar with Shuffled Ink, printer of custom decks?

Unread post by EndersGame »

Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up getting a deck printed with Shuffled Ink, and detailed my experience with it in this post.

In my opinion the quality they compare most closely with are cards from Make Playing Cards (MPC), which is based in Hong Kong and China, so Shuffled Ink is a good US-based alternative.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=