FLUX by LotusInHand x Art of Play / June 11th

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

FLUX by LotusInHand x Art of Play / June 11th

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Back design makes it the first deck that can be animated on the surface of the card. Adding an extra dimension of motion to your moves.

Each deck comes with 2 striped plastic cards (one vertical, one horizontal).
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
badgamercardist
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Axial by Not_A Deck
Decks Owned: 36

Re: FLUX by LotusInHand x Art of Play / June 11th

Unread post by badgamercardist »

I really got in love with this deck and the ilusions it creates. I want them!
Newbie Cardist from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
IG: badgamercardist
Favorite deck: 310 Alpha
Kardeck
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Kardeck »

Optic Illusion used for the back is really mesmerizing for sure !
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Damn... first Lotusinhand deck, that I actually dig. The play with the moiré is a pretty dope concept.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Video is dope. Flourishes even more so.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Now that's what you call a truly innovative Cardistry deck! This will be a strong contender for Innovation of the year.
Harvonsgard

Eric Lee wrote:Now that's what you call a truly innovative Cardistry deck! This will be a strong contender for the Cardistry deck of the year.
Muh, lazy design :uggrin: /s
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

shiroo56 wrote:
Eric Lee wrote:Now that's what you call a truly innovative Cardistry deck! This will be a strong contender for the Cardistry deck of the year.
Hey, I said innovative, didn't say anything about the design. :) Admittedly, in comparison to the recent so called cardistry decks released so far the bar is low. Vanda's one of the rare few who are really trying in terms of design.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

shiroo56 wrote:
I don't agree with this actually. I have a feeling creating a deck with a back design that worked with the moray pattern style plastic cards took just as long as designing your typical 'ornate' deck takes. This is no anyone worldwide or fontaine or noc deck.

Harvonsgard

Eric Lee wrote:
shiroo56 wrote:
Hey, I said innovative, didn't say anything about the design. :) Admittedly, in comparison to the recent so called cardistry decks released so far the bar is low. Vanda's one of the rare few who are really trying in terms of design.
I was sarcastic (therefore the "/s").
I'm all over this deck :drool: , already ordered and waiting for them to arrive. Not a fan of Ventus or Echoes, but this one, is amazing.
Would have been dope if Gaolock would have used this deck in one of his CCC rounds.

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

shiroo56 wrote:
Eric Lee wrote:
shiroo56 wrote:
I was sarcastic (therefore the "/s").
I'm all over this deck :drool: . Not a fan of Ventus or Echoes, but this one, is amazing.
Would have been dope if Gaolock would have used this deck in one of his CCC rounds.
whooops. totally missed the /s lol. we agree

Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

It certainly is an interesting idea from a cardistry perspective. But I'll just be the old man here and say, this is not a new concept at all. The basic idea of a plastic overlay with geometric clear/opaque stripes has been used for children's toys and visual novelties for basically as long as plastic has been cheaply available (and probably a lot longer than that using translucent paper overlays). Commonly it would simply be two opposing spiral designs, creating a mesmerizing vortex effect when spun.

I also think there's a missed opportunity here; this is obviously not a gaming deck, so why bother with faces at all when having two different designs to interact with the overlays would have been twice the value? Considering the price is above average, I would expect maximum value packed in.

But again, don't take this as too grouchy. I like the idea and the possibilities it brings.
badgamercardist

Has anyone already received one of these? I saw that the separate plastic cards have already been sold out and it's kinda expensive to bring one to Brazil. I'd like to know how good they feel, in comparison to the two different Cardistry decks I know of, Touch Pulse and Copag 310. Can anyone help me with some kind of comparison, to know if they're worth it even without the extra cards (i know there are two in the deck but I wanted 4).

Thanks =)
Azazaaz
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

badgamercardist wrote:Has anyone already received one of these? I saw that the separate plastic cards have already been sold out and it's kinda expensive to bring one to Brazil. I'd like to know how good they feel, in comparison to the two different Cardistry decks I know of, Touch Pulse and Copag 310. Can anyone help me with some kind of comparison, to know if they're worth it even without the extra cards (i know there are two in the deck but I wanted 4).

Thanks =)
I've seen that you've received a Tally Oh Viper Fan back as a gift on picdeer. The stock and finish will be more like this deck than the Cartamundi / Copag.
And if you want 4 extra cards, maybe grab two decks if finances allow it?
Alex
badgamercardist

Azazaaz wrote:
badgamercardist wrote:Has anyone already received one of these? I saw that the separate plastic cards have already been sold out and it's kinda expensive to bring one to Brazil. I'd like to know how good they feel, in comparison to the two different Cardistry decks I know of, Touch Pulse and Copag 310. Can anyone help me with some kind of comparison, to know if they're worth it even without the extra cards (i know there are two in the deck but I wanted 4).

Thanks =)
I've seen that you've received a Tally Oh Viper Fan back as a gift on picdeer. The stock and finish will be more like this deck than the Cartamundi / Copag.
And if you want 4 extra cards, maybe grab two decks if finances allow it?
Thank you. I prefer Cartamundi/B9 but Tally Ho is a good one as well. I'll talk to some friends, maybe I can pool together a few decks with them (that would dillute the shipping cost so I'd be able to get two).
Harvonsgard

Outsider wrote:It certainly is an interesting idea from a cardistry perspective. But I'll just be the old man here and say, this is not a new concept at all.
This could be said about everything, somehow.

Harvonsgard

I just received mine yesterday. I wouldn't have thought that the effect works off-camera as good as shown in the trailer, but it works great. Therefore A+ for the back design/moiré concept.
A straight F- for the courts though. I love the all-black-theme, but he missing details on the court cards are not up to todays standard.