Bicycle UnitedCardists Deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
BiggerDee

Re: Bicycle UnitedCardists Deck (Poll added & Pictures Add

Unread post by BiggerDee »

Embossing and foil? Wow...I will need to raise more money. I guess that my kids can go to community college instead of a university...that will free up the college funds...

:-) Sersiously though...embossing and foil! I can't want!
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

have we thrown out the one way back design? Any ideas for gaffs or jokers?
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Magic_Orthodoxy wrote:have we thrown out the one way back design? Any ideas for gaffs or jokers?

The UC Interlocking Logo will be the back design. Randy is working on the gaffs and jokers and will send them to me when he is done.

Thanks!
Magic_Orthodoxy
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

The UC Interlocking Logo will be the back design
Right, but at this point, it doesn't have a one-way feature
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

CBJ wrote:AWESOME!

I like the spade pip on the tuck, not the diamond pip
Same!
dancards
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Unread post by dancards »

I like the court card colors but I don't like the back design, there is something about all that embossing that I don't like, if the name or initials are going to be used in the back design it would look more classy to do something similar to the Virginia Slims deck in black and green instead of huge letters IMO.

I like the 1st tuck case style with the Bicycle brand and spades symbol but I agree that the green bar side on the right is out of place in front of the box, it would look better on the side.

Also bmpokerworld plug in more than one place is annoying , try making it more discrete only at the bottom, I know Mike is sponsoring this but it should be a UC deck not a deck to promote bmpokerworld store.

Anyway, I'm going to buy the deck whatever you decide to do, even if you change the name of the deck to bmpokerworld.com but I just want to give my opinion.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

These look incredible! I may have to buy more than I voted for! The box is stunning. I like the one with the spade best. I really like the green bar on the box. Awesome job Mike and Randy.
haydn13
Lurker
Lurker

Unread post by haydn13 »

yes
elcyciB

Unread post by elcyciB »

dancards wrote:I like the court card colors but I don't like the back design, there is something about all that embossing that I don't like, if the name or initials are going to be used in the back design it would look more classy to do something similar to the Virginia Slims deck in black and green instead of huge letters IMO.

I like the 1st tuck case style with the Bicycle brand and spades symbol but I agree that the green bar side on the right is out of place in front of the box, it would look better on the side.

Also bmpokerworld plug in more than one place is annoying , try making it more discrete only at the bottom, I know Mike is sponsoring this but it should be a UC deck not a deck to promote bmpokerworld store.

Anyway, I'm going to buy the deck whatever you decide to do, even if you change the name of the deck to bmpokerworld.com but I just want to give my opinion.

No problem with BMpokerworld on the side...one side usually has the factory, the other goes to the designer/sponsor...usually its someones name, in this case, its BMpokerworld...whats the problem?
FrenchFryNecromancer

Unread post by FrenchFryNecromancer »

RandyButterfield wrote:You know you're criticizing Bicycle's Court designs right? I'm pretty sure they have the hearts/diamonds with more fill color to differentiate them from the Black clubs/spades suits.
I am not criticizing Bicycle's Court design at all. I was saying the sections that are currently filled in (in green) on the hearts/diamonds could be white, and SOME of the white parts could be made green. It would result in more of a green "trim" look, instead of a green "fill" look. Not a big deal, just something I noticed.
RandyButterfield wrote:The white border on the Back design is definitely not the standard fat white border when printed to scale.
Awesome!! :-D

Other Stuff:

As far as the ace of spades (which I think looks nice)..... would it be possible to have less text on the ace of spades? It almost seems like a paragraph, or a wall of text.
Ideally, I think the Ace of Spades would be beautiful with almost no text, or at least much smaller font.

But... I understand there is this feeling of a NEED to identify the deck. All I can say is.... people are going to know what deck this is and where it came from. There will be no question. (Plus it will be on the tuck box). There is a temptation to put the name of the site all over the place.... but it might feel too heavy-handed and not minimalist enough.

Lastly...... and I might be in the minority here, but I don't care too much about the tuck box niceties and decorations like foil. I mean it is nice.... but if that same money can be somehow put more into the cards themselves..... then that is a plus to me. If there are options to get the better quality card stock or whatever.... I would rather THAT be the thing that makes the deck expensive, instead of the box. But, if there is no room to improve the cards themselves.... then I don't mind a nice tuckbox. :)
Deck Reviews & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicCloud8
ibrahimjaber

Unread post by ibrahimjaber »

A MUST HAVE
Great Design
The closer you think you are, the less you'll actually see.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

elcyciB wrote:
dancards wrote:Also bmpokerworld plug in more than one place is annoying , try making it more discrete only at the bottom, I know Mike is sponsoring this but it should be a UC deck not a deck to promote bmpokerworld store.

No problem with BMpokerworld on the side...one side usually has the factory, the other goes to the designer/sponsor...usually its someones name, in this case, its BMpokerworld...whats the problem?
Mike is going to be paying for the deck to be produced, not to mention that he pays to keep this site running. I could maybe see this being an issue if he had it in big bold letters on the front of the box, which by the way he would have been in his full rights to do had he wanted to.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
jasonffx

Unread post by jasonffx »

thin boarder please for amazing card fan
chess

Unread post by chess »

The first design with the spade is awesome. I like the green bar as well.
DaMan

Unread post by DaMan »

Love the back. Tuck box is awesome. Though I think the green on the face cards could be more vibrant.
alric

Unread post by alric »

Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed that Randy is able to pump something out so quick while working on his next custom deck at the same time! I have zero problem with plugging BMPokerWorld on the UC deck. I'm thinking there might not even be a UC if it weren't for BMP sponsoring UC, so its all good.

I'm all for thin borders to make cardists happy, and why not try to incorporate a scalloped edge instead of a straight edge on the borders to make fans and spreads even more interesting?

And since we have such a huge collector presence here at UC, why not go all out and fully bling out the tuck box with all the bells and whistles. Thick card stock, embossing and foil. One thing I really liked was the D&D Smoke reprint where the inside of the tuck box was lined in silver foil. How sick would it be if the inside of the UC tuck box was lined with green foil! I'd be willing to pay a premium to have that feature included.
DaMan

Unread post by DaMan »

alric wrote:Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed that Randy is able to pump something out so quick while working on his next custom deck at the same time! I have zero problem with plugging BMPokerWorld on the UC deck. I'm thinking there might not even be a UC if it weren't for BMP sponsoring UC, so its all good.

I'm all for thin borders to make cardists happy, and why not try to incorporate a scalloped edge instead of a straight edge on the borders to make fans and spreads even more interesting?

And since we have such a huge collector presence here at UC, why not go all out and fully bling out the tuck box with all the bells and whistles. Thick card stock, embossing and foil. One thing I really liked was the D&D Smoke reprint where the inside of the tuck box was lined in silver foil. How sick would it be if the inside of the UC tuck box was lined with green foil! I'd be willing to pay a premium to have that feature included.
SHINY! mmmmmmm
*cough* I mean, I concur.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

DaMan wrote:
alric wrote:Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed that Randy is able to pump something out so quick while working on his next custom deck at the same time! I have zero problem with plugging BMPokerWorld on the UC deck. I'm thinking there might not even be a UC if it weren't for BMP sponsoring UC, so its all good.

SHINY! mmmmmmm
*cough* I mean, I concur.
Was that a Firefly reference? ;)
No matter where you go... there you are :|
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

A Firefly Deck with art like this would be sweet!!

http://io9.com/5821107/art-nouveau-fire ... /gallery/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm glad most people are liking the UC Tuck Box! Gaff an Ad Card are in progress, along with a couple minor changes to the AOS and Back (I added in a subtle one-way for the Magicians). I'll be a little sidetracked tomorrow night :) so I might not have anything to show for a few days. I plan on hand-drawing the Joker over the weekend or next week.

Thanks, Randy
lel

Unread post by lel »

I really like how the deck's shaping up, but I feel the .com at the top of the tuck box there's a little out of place. I understand it's for consistency with the front, but I still feel it'll look strange from the top with just a .com there.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

lel wrote:I really like how the deck's shaping up, but I feel the .com at the top of the tuck box there's a little out of place. I understand it's for consistency with the front, but I still feel it'll look strange from the top with just a .com there.
I don't think it will look strange once you have the box in your hands, but I see your point. I don't mind it though.
- Tom

Check out my collection

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I love it! All of it! Keep up the awesome work!! Can't wait for this!
malanthrax

Unread post by malanthrax »

I love it. It makes me sad as this reminds me just how much the experts really know about setting up a perfect deck design versus myself. So many things to take into account. I have to say think they look amazing.
BMPokerworld

Check out the Gaff Card:

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

BMPokerworld wrote:Check out the Gaff Card:
Mark my words: There WILL be a future UC V2 deck where all of the face cards are like this.

NostraFingerz has spoken!
- Tom

Check out my collection

BMPokerworld

Here is the updated back design. It's a one way back for all you magicians out there:

CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Man.. I can't tell where the one way mark is
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

CBJ wrote:Man.. I can't tell where the one way mark is
Look for the grey needles in the big silver spikes.

thanks, Randy
Oswin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Oswin »

I really like the new update back design ! Well done !
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Wow backs are looking very nice. I just got a Kindle fire HD so I can see things as they are.
What size would the run be on these. As others have said it will have limited appeal. I would like to
see you be able to make a few bucks on this for continued operation on both this forum and a
little money towards that sex change you have been wanting.