LEGENDS Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION by Natalia Silva

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: LEGENDS Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION by Natalia S

Unread post by vasta41 »

wingedpotato wrote:This is actually a relaunch of a canceled campaign. I just posted asking "Joseph" to verify his identity. If I go missing, please consider N.S. and the Yotta crew as primary suspects.
Ask "Joseph" why s/he hasn't given me my refund for the Crazy Deck let alone provided an update.
BaconWise
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Azid wrote:There is a new campaign up from that account:
Is that normal to have a campaign for just a few days, then relaunch days after it failed with a longer time frame? Not to mention, he cancelled the Legends music launch. For those keeping track, that's three launches in less than two weeks - two of which have been cancelled. Why would anyone back "Joseph" with that kind of first impression?
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

Because the internet provides a limitless pool of new and gullible consumers, who may not know who Natalia Silva or Joseph are. They may not also be familiar with the full functionality of Kickstarter or that you can see a creator's history. Also, there are people who are less what I would call gullible and more just overly optimistic.

Or, Natalia could, in fact, in her mind have every intention of delivering on every project, she just had to create a trail of Ponzi schemes to actually pull it off at some point. :shrug:
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

ICantShuffle wrote:Because the internet provides a limitless pool of new and gullible consumers, who may not know who Natalia Silva or Joseph are. They may not also be familiar with the full functionality of Kickstarter or that you can see a creator's history. Also, there are people who are less what I would call gullible and more just overly optimistic.

Or, Natalia could, in fact, in her mind have every intention of delivering on every project, she just had to create a trail of Ponzi schemes to actually pull it off at some point. :shrug:
If there was a way to conclusively prove that Natalia and Joseph are one and the same, it would at least show how deceitful she is willing to be. If Joseph can prove he's a separate person, it doesn't preclude the possibility that he's Silva's patsy. The whole thing might make a good Lifetime movie.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
ICantShuffle

I'm not really arguing with you, but what you said got me thinking:

To be honest, has Natalia ever been seen in person? Like, has she ever attended any 52 + J conventions or anything?

Otherwise, I don't think that you could conclusively prove that the entity known as Natalia Silva is who they purport to be, for all we know it's someone using pictures of someone else with a created alias. Joseph could be the same thing, but by another individual. They don't have to be the same individual, or be the actual individuals they purport to be for my point to stand, though.

I know that on youtube, IG, and twitter their have been cases of people being exploited (i.e. compensated for posing for photos/videos/etc, not knowing they were going to be used by another individual who was creating a social media alias with them), many of them actually involving human trafficking in one form or another.

I'm not saying that these KS campaigns are necessarily related to human trafficking, but maybe what we're shown as "Joseph" and "Natalia" are facades. Allowing the same artist to essentially commit fraud without the risk to their legitimate professional identity (or, it's kind of like a burner phone for name branding, as I know "Natalia" has done artwork for corporations as well).

Adding another thought nugget:

It seems like Kickstarter almost has a conflict of interest when it comes to fraudulent activity like this as well. While, it certainly doesn't do any favors for their goodwill to have people's money essentially being swindled, they have all the disclaimers in the world AND they make money, whether or not the creators complete a project. So, if I were KS, as a business, I would certainly want my highly visible campaigns (large board game campaigns, all of the various tech, fashion and art campaigns) to be held accountable, but a sub $20K playing card project? Meh, even if it was a known fraud, I doubt that would even make the "we-pay-paltry-sums-on-textbroker-to-write-clickbait-editorials-for-us" section of the New York Times, so the risk to goodwill is low compared to the steady influx of smaller fees that require less company resources than the big, high-visibility campaigns.

I know I seem really cynical when I think this way, to people, but I'm just spitballing.
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

I find it interesting that Joseph's profile picture does not seem to exist anywhere other than Kickstarter and a quick osint dive into the name / location isn't pulling up anything of interest.
ICantShuffle

Yeah, I tried that earlier, null return.

Are you, by chance, in the OSInt "community?"
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

vedus wrote:I find it interesting that Joseph's profile picture does not seem to exist anywhere other than Kickstarter and a quick osint dive into the name / location isn't pulling up anything of interest.
Wouldn't that imply its an original image? As in he took a picture of his face and set that as his kickstarter image.

These conspiracy theories are getting a bit wild.
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

A picture taken explicitly for this campaign is a possibility.

https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is also a possibility.

As for osint, it's a work adjacent skill set rather than a personal interest.
ICantShuffle

Wouldn't that imply its an original image? As in he took a picture of his face and set that as his kickstarter image.

These conspiracy theories are getting a bit wild.
First part, entirely valid.

Then again, most people who I know are involved in legitimate business dealings and growing a brand (whether it's professional personal services-- like tax accountancy, real-estate, other consulting services) will often use a really good photo across a number of things: LinkedIn (other social media such as FB and Twitter), Business Cards, and Website to create cohesion and recognition. You would also probably be able to find their website or linkedin page, pretty easily using a google search, assuming the metadata is optimized (after all legitimate business WANT you to find them-- in fact, hundreds of billions of dollars a year are spent in an industry solely focused on getting businesses names to be as ubiquitous in your life as possible).

Second point is as unfounded and presumptuous as the "wild conspiracy theories." Is it that wild to want to use proxies to commit fraud? Especially when those proxies themselves my stand to also profit (at least in the short term)? Also, it's not difficult at all to create an online presence of a non-existent person. It's becoming more difficult as things become more interconnected (social media profiles being shared with other things like amazon and can then be linked to credit card/banking activity, etc.), but for now most of these things are entirely optional. Seriously, if I were less scrupulous I could make a good living fleecing people online with less effort than I put into my real job, especially in a population where someone even vocalizes the possible reasons or ways in which someone could be fraudulent immediately gets them labeled as a conspiracy theorist. Which, sometimes makes me scratch my head and wonder why I play it straight.
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

My only concern - it's impossible to print 1000 decks with $4000 goal. They will get $3600 after KS fees. Yes, you can use 110% money to print, but what about a fulfillment?
If they reach the second $7k goal, they will need another $1000-1300 to print both decks plus pay for shipping to backers from their pockets.

It's backer's responsibility to risk their own money.

He is real, but they are linked:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcRoE2hQ-h/
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

montenzi wrote:He is real, but they are linked:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcRoE2hQ-h/
Oh that makes sense now. Probably her boyfriend.
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

The MODERN campaign was just suspended by Kickstarter. Heh heh. Pipchick, what did you do?
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

wingedpotato wrote:The MODERN campaign was just suspended by Kickstarter. Heh heh. Pipchick, what did you do?
Amy threw down the gauntlet on that one. I love how "Joseph" responded to the comments by saying something like "what does Natalia Silva have to do with me?" That's three failed launches in a month for our friend Joe. Hoping he gets a hint and slinks away into the shadows. Curious to see who Natalia finds as her next host body.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

wingedpotato wrote:The MODERN campaign was just suspended by Kickstarter. Heh heh. Pipchick, what did you do?
oh, ya know... just my every-day typical debauchery and shenanigans... :ugthink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
BaconWise wrote:That's three failed launches in a month for our friend Joe.
actually... that makes 3 shot down in less than 2 weeks... but who's counting? lol :lol: :ugthink: :ugdance: :twisted:
BaconWise wrote:Hoping he gets a hint and slinks away into the shadows. Curious to see who Natalia finds as her next host body.
well jinkies gang - good work on unmaskin' this one; I guess that wraps up this mystery... at least for now... :ugthink:
scooby-doo-villain-unmasked.gif
scooby-doo-villain-unmasked.gif (258.88 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
scooby snacks all around! lol

but we all gotta still stay vigilant - we never know when the next time we may have another Natalia Silva mystery on our hands! Remember: the only monster we got here is Natalia...