LEGENDS Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION by Natalia Silva

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

LEGENDS Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION by Natalia Silva

Unread post by Azazaaz »

As I've said in the comments of the project:
Please, do not back this project, it is a scam.

These designs were made by Nathalia Silva and not by "Joseph".

Please see the picture below:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... rmat=1500w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;"%20onclick="window.open(this.href);return%20false;

The King of clubs still sports the Fender logo. I've sent them a message as well, asking to check that project for copyright infringement.
I think he's trying to do a hit and run with a 4 days project. He or... She? These images were on Natalia's portfolio last week and they've disappeared. Not trying to jump to conclusions but this is really "strange". My faith in KS disappears day after day, we need more protection.
Alex
Azid

Re: "LEGENDS" Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION

Unread post by Azid »

The campaign description is strange aswell:

"I will ONLY print 200 deck for this campaign. Decks are actually already in production, that's why I will run this project for 5 days only. After this campaign if any decks left they will be available at http://www.Society6.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 43$ per deck + shipping"

and then at the bottom...

"The only challenge is getting enough funding to get the decks printed. Everything else is ready to go. Once I have the funds I will be ready to print. Your rewards will be sent to you as soon as production is complete, which we expect to be in August of 2019 (hopefully sooner)."

what the hell is going on here ???
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

Agreed on this looking like a scam. I was waiting for someone to post this deck to see other's thoughts.

And not to derail/hijack, but what's the general consensus on Natalia Silva? Each time one of her projects pop up, I'm always doing research on her and her projects to see if she's scammy.
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

The Project is supposedly created by Joseph, who is allegedly from New York, NY. Which, is nowhere near Santa Clarita, CA, where the project supposedly is? I realize with virtual corporations these days anything is possible, but I think Joseph is a fictitious DBA.

Isn't Natalia in Santa Clarita?
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

Agreed...everything about this and his last project screams scam. I was waiting for someone to post the deck here to see other's thoughts.

On a side note, and not to derail/hijack, but what is the general consensus on Natalia Silva? Each time one of her projects turn up, I find myself trying to research her and the project as they kind of seem scammy...
Azazaaz

Unread post by Azazaaz »

I reported the project to KS and they promptly answered that everything is fine. Because using Fender Guitars logo without any authorisation is fine, right. I don't know what to say, I'm really pissed at KS and the way they work.
Alex
Azazaaz

Unread post by Azazaaz »

ICantShuffle wrote:Isn't Natalia in Santa Clarita?
The contact info on her website gives me a NJ phone number so I don't know.
Alex
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Google Image search "fender guitars natalia silva":
ns.png
ns.png (86.24 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
She also likes to add lots of dots at the end. See project's comments: "Red/orange possibly in the future......" <--------
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

montenzi, I really wish you wouldn't bring her name up. It is kind of like another slap in my face. :evil:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: "LEGENDS" Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION (wap)

Unread post by jerichoholic »

If everyone keeps reporting hopefully it will be shut down. Natalia must be real desperate for money. Scamming backers, supposedly selling art.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Azazaaz

Unread post by Azazaaz »

The creator modified the campaign page, I posted a new comment and took off. This thing reeks.
Alex
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Bradius wrote:montenzi, I really wish...
Should I shut up as I am a "designer in yellow"? Should I be nice or politically correct?

The problem - I am kind but not nice, and I am not politically correct at all :mrgreen: I don't care who she is.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

There is absolutely nothing political going on. However, I hate to give Natalia any more air time about her products, when she has failed to deliver many multiple playing card projects with no updates and no expectation that she will deliver what she owes to people that paid her for playing cards. I don't care that you are a designer or collector in this respect. But, whatever. Just mention her name and I will likely be the nicest response.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I thought you are trying to protect her ;) Fraud is fraud ... regardless. Not delivering is fraud. Zero communication after AND during KS is fraud.

Kickstarter should be improved a lot to protect backers better!
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

aardvarkgod wrote:Agreed on this looking like a scam. I was waiting for someone to post this deck to see other's thoughts.

And not to derail/hijack, but what's the general consensus on Natalia Silva? Each time one of her projects pop up, I'm always doing research on her and her projects to see if she's scammy.
General consensus is that she's a fraud and a conwoman that has scammed hundreds (if not thousands of backers) of, cumulatively in total, $40,911usd buckaroos between 5 (!!!) unfulfilled, past due projects as listed below with very minimal communication/updates, if any at all:

MUERTOS, est. delivery was Jan. 2018 & last "update" was on 31.10.2018.

MUERTOS: Animals Edition, est. delivery was Feb. 2018 & last "update" was on 31.10.2018.

Crazy Deck, est. delivery was Mar. 2018 & last "update" was on 25.02.2018.

AVALON, est. delivery was Mar. 2018 & last "update" was on 31.10.2018.

The Last Legion, est. delivery was Sep. 2018 & she never even cared enough to provided any updates at all...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

She's the lowest and sleaziest scammin' scum out there and the entire playing card community should be standing in solidarity with those that had their money stolen and were scammed by her by NOT supporting any projects or buying anything featuring ANY design work commissioned/bought from Natalia Silva or any collaborations with her, regardless of if it's being produced by even the most reputable and reliable creators of the industry. Even the smallest demand will always guarantee more offers for her work and keep her in business as a designer.

BOYCOTT NATALIA SILVA!
Bradius wrote:However, I hate to give Natalia any more air time about her products...
In this regard, I wanna do the opposite; I want her name plastered EVERYWHERE, over and over and over again, so EVERYONE is made aware of what an absolute POS Natalia Silva is. I want to make Natalia Silva famous for her actions and for her scams to be the first thing that pops up on any internet search engine. I wanna lead a crusade against Natalia Silva so that not only will the community shun her, and the industry avoid even the slightest association to her like the Bubonic plague, but also to put her out of work as a designer forever. I want Natalia Silva to be publicly ostracized and made to feel ashamed of her bs by her family, friends, work associates and any person that ever comes to meet her by knowing of her frauds that have scammed and stolen so much from so many innocent people that only ever wanted to show support of her as an artist. I want a journalistic, investigative 20/20 exposé documentary to premiere on national primetime television on all the major tv networks detailing her lies and deceit and for Natalia Silva to be held criminally responsible for the money she stole. I want a picture of her in the dictionary next to 'scam artist' and for her to go down in history for her bs. I want to make Natalia Silva one of the most famous playing card designer to ever live and everyone to know her name.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Azid wrote:The campaign description is strange aswell:

"I will ONLY print 200 deck for this campaign. Decks are actually already in production, that's why I will run this project for 5 days only. After this campaign if any decks left they will be available at http://www.Society6.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.. 43$ per deck + shipping"

and then at the bottom...

"The only challenge is getting enough funding to get the decks printed. Everything else is ready to go. Once I have the funds I will be ready to print. Your rewards will be sent to you as soon as production is complete, which we expect to be in August of 2019 (hopefully sooner)."

what the hell is going on here ???
God, even if I liked the art, saw it was legit printed, wouldn't back it because of Azid's info. The person is contradicting them-self. :?
Move on, nothing to see here.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

PipChick wrote: She's the lowest and sleaziest scammin' scum out there and the entire playing card community should be standing in solidarity with those that had their money stolen and were scammed by her by NOT supporting any projects or buying anything featuring ANY design work commissioned/bought from Natalia Silva or any collaborations with her, regardless of if it's being produced by even the most reputable and reliable creators of the industry. Even the smallest demand will always guarantee more offers for her work and keep her in business as a designer.

In this regard, I wanna do the opposite; I want her name plastered EVERYWHERE, over and over and over again, so EVERYONE is made aware of what an absolute POS Natalia Silva is. I want to make Natalia Silva famous for her actions and for her scams to be the first thing that pops up on any internet search engine. I wanna lead a crusade against Natalia Silva so that not only will the community shun her, and the industry avoid even the slightest association to her like the Bubonic plague, but also to put her out of work as a designer forever. I want Natalia Silva to be publicly ostracized and made to feel ashamed of her bs by her family, friends, work associates and any person that ever comes to meet her by knowing of her frauds that have scammed and stolen so much from so many innocent people that only ever wanted to show support of her as an artist. I want a journalistic, investigative 20/20 exposé documentary to premiere on national primetime television on all the major tv networks detailing her lies and deceit and for Natalia Silva to be held criminally responsible for the money she stole. I want a picture of her in the dictionary next to 'scam artist' and for her to go down in history for her bs. I want to make Natalia Silva one of the most famous playing card designer to ever live and everyone to know her name.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
In other words, don't cross Amy. She will make you pay! Either that or she's reminding us of the old adage "Hell hath no fury a woman scorned" (scammed in this case ) :shock: :D
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Das Shit - Natalia Silva.png
Das Shit - Natalia Silva.png (111.16 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

PipChick wrote:In this regard, I wanna do the opposite; I want her name plastered EVERYWHERE, over and over and over again, so EVERYONE is made aware of what an absolute POS Natalia Silva is...
In that spirit I've update the thread title so people know who's behind this. I've never wished more ill will upon someone in my entire life.
Cardileigh
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 500

Re: LEGENDS Playing Cards LIMITED MUSIC EDITION by Natalia S

Unread post by Cardileigh »

I’m such a Pollyanna, I actually believed her October update... So deceitful!
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I don't really want to join the pile-on, but I'm still smarting over backing 3 of her 5 outstanding projects. More so because I enticed friends of mine to back, but that's another story. I have dealt with her previously without issue. Pretty much the entire reason I went around again. Nope. Never ever again.
VXD
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by VXD »

Pipchick's approach makes the most sense in my opinion, in order that searches (from unsuspecting collectors) return enough negative feedback on her, to give them adequate warning they are about to lose their hard-earned.

It is way out of order what she has done and definitely a scam. I'm actually shocked that many here would continue backing projects, after more than one is backed-up already.

Suggestion - Why isn't there a guidance section for collectors maybe on UC that helps them avoid being duped in future. Set a suggested standard for guidance for everyone...such as 'If two or more projects remain overdue & undelivered concurrently by a particular creator, that creators new project should be avoided'. Really that should be a rule with KS, but failing that, it could be a published and supported guidance for collectors on UC and /or elsewhere.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE & SHOP:
https://vxdgaming.com/
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

There is such a list. It is under general card discussion and called Kickstarter black list.
VXD
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by VXD »

Brad

Ok, well that's good.

Shame that KS don't implement something. I may suggest it to them, as a creator, as I've been in contact with their customer services recently regarding another issue (their under-payment of backer's funds to us - just as well we have good record-keeping to cross-reference and check such things!).
VISIT OUR WEBSITE & SHOP:
https://vxdgaming.com/
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

good news: funding canceled... yay! :ugdance:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

bad news: the first and only update is of a relaunch in the future with a longer funding period... :evil: ugh

just always remember everyone: stand together and BOYCOTT NATALIA SILVA!
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

Here is the issue I see with all of this..

1. I don't believe for a second it's a guy named Joseph and he purchased the rights from Natalia. Why would anyone do that, especially from a scam artist such as Natalia. I do believe she's convinced/scammed someone else to start the campaign or it's her under another alias. 1000%

2. The wording of this person comments sound too familiar too Natalia, especially when every comment ends with "Kind regards," as that's exactly what Natalia ends all her communication with. (Watch, now it will change because I said this) I could be speculating but I wasn't wrong when Natalia released "The last Legion" and I called bullsh!t when I said this project was to fund the other outstanding projects. Seems that money didn't even help to complete anything.
Bradius wrote:There is such a list. It is under general card discussion and called Kickstarter black list.
3. The problem with this is not everyone that backs playing cards on KS is also involved with UC and probably don't know her history due to it being listed under another name unless they (the backer) do their own research from her previous project to read the issues everyone is having through their own experiences/comments.

I think what would help everyone that does back "Joseph" or Scammy Silva is for someone to make a comment and include the URL link to the UC Black List thread and every project Scammy Silva has created within their comment. I think that would alleviate further people from getting scammed from her/him and would be a great start for people to do their own research before handing over their hard earned money. It's just a thought!

4. Lastly, I think reporting projects to KS is a dead end. It shows as I'm sure many projects are reported for one thing or another but at the end of the day, KS is a business that clearly works on making money and nothing else. If a project is going to fund or making headway to fund they only care about their 10% cut or whatever it is. Their corporate greed is heavily overlooked by any morals/values and that's why I haven't backed anything in a while. They obviously don't care about the backers and only care about processing credit cards so they can continue to make their millions..

Kind Regards, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Azazaaz

Unread post by Azazaaz »

Thanks everyone for your concerns over this matter. I really just don't want more people to get in trouble losing money.

I don't know how any of this works in the U.S. but don't you think Fender Guitars may own the designs? I think it's weird that such a big company wouldn't secure the material they use for advertising, as somehow, their brand image is now associated to these pictures. I've made a few works for advertising on the music side and basically, I've sold my rights to the company that uses the sound clips. For those of you with more experience, do you know of such contracts where the designer is allowed to sell and resell to anyone the very same designs?

As Joseph might be a person of good faith, I won't bother spamming his relaunch but I think I'll reach out to Fender again. And still, if he uses the same description, if he again states that the decks are already in production, that is, to my knowledge, still a no go according to KS rules.
Alex
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

There is a new campaign up from that account:
Btw. Natalia used the account ARTGANICS to scam people for the "Crazy Deck", last login 29.May 2018

theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Azid wrote:There is a new campaign up from that account:
Btw. Natalia used the account ARTGANICS to scam people for the "Crazy Deck", last login 29.May 2018

This is actually a relaunch of a canceled campaign. I just posted asking "Joseph" to verify his identity. If I go missing, please consider N.S. and the Yotta crew as primary suspects.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230