Royal Mischief Transformation deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Royal Mischief Transformation deck

Unread post by ecNate »

For those not on facebook, there was an update yesterday:
Patrick Valenza’s Royal Mischief Transformation Playing Cards. Open for preorders early April! Published by US Games Systems Inc. Learn more at http://www.deviantmoon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like this will eventually be the link for pre-orders (currently showing sold out, but it has yet to open) - https://deviantmooninc.com/collections/ ... 4109753387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think this will ever actually happen... :cry: It's been YEARS!
Calypso

Unread post by Calypso »

ecNate wrote:For those not on facebook, there was an update yesterday:
Patrick Valenza’s Royal Mischief Transformation Playing Cards. Open for preorders early April! Published by US Games Systems Inc. Learn more at http://www.deviantmoon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like this will eventually be the link for pre-orders (currently showing sold out, but it has yet to open) - https://deviantmooninc.com/collections/ ... 4109753387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think this will ever actually happen... :cry: It's been YEARS!
Available now.
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

If anyone in Canada is thinking about picking up a deck let me know, $18 USD to ship a single deck is grotesque.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

rorschach wrote:If anyone in Canada is thinking about picking up a deck let me know, $18 USD to ship a single deck is grotesque.
What about $52 for 6 decks!!??

If any of the friends here can get me 6 decks at a normal shipping rate, please contact me.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

sms69x wrote:
rorschach wrote:If anyone in Canada is thinking about picking up a deck let me know, $18 USD to ship a single deck is grotesque.
What about $52 for 6 decks!!??

If any of the friends here can get me 6 decks at a normal shipping rate, please contact me.
Please count me in. Looking to get the deck but not at the current shipping rate.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

You can get $5 off your order by using the code: mildredmoney. So those who haven't got it yet, you can use it to save on shipping.
Gonzalo
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Gonzalo »

With the shipping cost to Spain, I could buy another two Royal Mischief Transformation decks.
ALR

Unread post by ALR »

Had an email exchange with Deviantmoon.com yesterday about the international postage charge for pre-orders of the Royal Mischief Transformation Deck. Started out a little defensive, but ended with a genuine wish to try to resolve the issue, so there may be hope. It does not seem to me to be a big priority for them, but here is a summary of what I learnt:

The printer has estimated that the deck will weigh 9 oz. US Postal Service has a cut off at 8 oz. - below that the international postage (Europe) is $14.00, above is $24.00. Once the deck is actually produced, if it weighs less than 8 oz. then Deviantmoon.com will refund the difference. They admit that the charge is "a rip-off", but it is their printer that estimates the weight, and USPS that overcharges - so not our fault, guv'nor.

As far as I can tell, USPS is pretty much the most expensive, slowest and least reliable international service (at least to Europe), but Deviantmoon.com claims not to be able to find a cheaper alternative and this is where the low priority issue arises. I think they do not want to overcharge, but equally, they do not want to spend too much time dealing with what to them appears to be a minor issue - international sales are likely to be very low volume.

If anyone has contact details for service providers with lower international delivery rates, please let Deviantmoon.com know directly via their website.

Anyway, hope this information is useful.
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

Ended up ordering two since shipping was virtually the same. I'll most likely be looking to sell the other one, so if anyone in Canada is interested, send me a PM. Splitting the shipping makes these almost affordable.
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

akicer wrote:Why this is $3 cheaper??
https://www.usgamesinc.com/royal-mischi ... cards.html

Typical, as artist direct is usually a little more. However, it's really a better deal to support the artist and get more for same/less if you use the discount code and consider the extra cards from artist direct order (*ALL PREORDERS will include the EXCLUSIVE alternate transformation prototype card that was TOO HOT for mass publication! (Not available ANYWHERE else!))
Eric Lee wrote:You can get $5 off your order by using the code: mildredmoney. So those who haven't got it yet, you can use it to save on shipping.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE

Unread post by hsbc »

ecNate wrote:(*ALL PREORDERS will include the EXCLUSIVE alternate transformation prototype card that was TOO HOT for mass publication! (Not available ANYWHERE else!))
Not sure how I missed this until now - thanks for the tip! Prototype card :mrgreen:
Eric Lee wrote:You can get $5 off your order by using the code: mildredmoney. So those who haven't got it yet, you can use it to save on shipping.
Doesn't work anymore :(
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

hsbc wrote:Doesn't work anymore :(
I just checked out and the mildredmoney code worked for me, $5 off.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

aardvarkgod wrote:I just checked out and the mildredmoney code worked for me, $5 off.
WTF :? I tried it both all-caps and lowercase, and I'm in the US? Oh well :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
robcan0630

Unread post by robcan0630 »

Didn't work for me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

the discount code had worked for me, but I also had put in my pre-order back when they first became available at the beginning of March... perhaps y'all can try reaching out to patrick and asking about it - I mean, worst case scenario, it's expired and you don't get anything, but there's still the chance that maybe he can help. He seems most active via facebook so I'd try connecting with him through there - it's always worth a shot, amiright? :)
willroya
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by willroya »

I will have this deck on my site very soon.
http://www.PlayingCardDecks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stores.ebay.com/Playing-Card-Decks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.instagram.com/playingcarddecks_com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

willroya wrote:I will have this deck on my site very soon.
That is what I call great news.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Got my deck today! The art is excellent, the deck is worth picking up for that reason alone :D But man, if ever a deck called out for a better printer..... I'm never a fan of smooth finish, and while the box the cards come in is a sturdy two-piece telescoping box, it doesn't have any way to stay shut! I think a regular tuck with matching art would be incredible :D Or even a magnetic flap? Deviant Moon also sent me two cards from other tarot/oracle decks a la PCD :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

VERY glossy finish :lol:
The gilding, finish, and cutting all work out to easy clumping like this
I preordered just in time and also got an extra prototype card with a different finish that I actually prefer :uggrin:

Still highly recommended :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Stockholm17
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 130

Unread post by Stockholm17 »

Got mine today.
The artwork is great, i liked the rigid box, but the material and the finish of the cards is a huge disappointment.
Glossy cards? seriously?
The silver "gilding" is low quality and the metallic paint can be found on the border of the back of the cards.
It can be scratched off once you separate all the sticky cards.

Quite a bummer, I was expecting a better product. Quite disappointed.
Also, the shipping prices were INSANE. To ship 2 decks they asked $30.
I am not going to buy anymore from Deviant Moon. I've been ripped off enough. I am going to trade from now and on.
chicken_ql

Unread post by chicken_ql »

Stockholm17 wrote:Got mine today.
The artwork is great, i liked the rigid box, but the material and the finish of the cards is a huge disappointment.
Glossy cards? seriously?
The silver "gilding" is low quality and the metallic paint can be found on the border of the back of the cards.

I am not going to buy anymore from Deviant Moon. I've been ripped off enough. I am going to trade from now and on.
I'm glad I didn't get it now
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

I have been adding a delay into posting some scans to allow people to get their decks and open them themselves

Full Scans:https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 8972229173
daddobrendt
White Whale: NetEnt Deck
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by daddobrendt »

chicken_ql wrote:
Stockholm17 wrote:Got mine today.
Glossy cards? seriously?

I'm glad I didn't get it now
After seeing the first two decks and being teased with this artwork for so long, I went in headfirst with the purchase and with high expectations. I would have much rather had packaging like the first two decks and w/ no gilding in exchange for better quality cards. These cards are gloss UV coated and it makes them look cheap. Not at all a good presentation to such incredible artwork. As a transformation deck goes this really is stunning. Just disappointing that it’s not very usable.
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

Brendt00 wrote: Just disappointing that it’s not very usable.
That actually brings up a question I have had for a while: Were transformation decks ever designed to be useful, or just souvenir decks?
Harvonsgard

macstrat wrote:Were transformation decks ever designed to be useful, or just souvenir decks?
I would say no. They are clearly focused on the art/souvenir/collectable thing.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I've shot a review for these. In my editing queue. Beautiful art. But that's pretty much all it is. Maybe that's ok. Not functional in the least. Although, I have to admit that the glossy stock reminds me of glossy books and cards as a kid. It makes the art stand out.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

TheGentlemanWake wrote:I've shot a review for these. In my editing queue. Beautiful art. But that's pretty much all it is. Maybe that's ok. Not functional in the least. Although, I have to admit that the glossy stock reminds me of glossy books and cards as a kid. It makes the art stand out.
Oh really looking forward to this. Haven't seen you review a transformation deck yet, but hope you give some love or shout out to Emmanuel Jose and EPC's Pipmen decks. Will you be planning on doing Guru's Motley Pack?
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Eric Lee wrote:
TheGentlemanWake wrote:I've shot a review for these. In my editing queue. Beautiful art. But that's pretty much all it is. Maybe that's ok. Not functional in the least. Although, I have to admit that the glossy stock reminds me of glossy books and cards as a kid. It makes the art stand out.
Oh really looking forward to this. Haven't seen you review a transformation deck yet, but hope you give some love or shout out to Emmanuel Jose and EPC's Pipmen decks. Will you be planning on doing Guru's Motley Pack?
I own it but to be honest, I don't have the time, eyeballs, brain power, energy or freedom to do all the decks I wish I could. lol. I've been meaning to put out a 'how I make videos' video to explain to folks what my process looks like. It's IN DEPTH. It can take me as much as 20 hours to do a video. I admire David Kenney (Magicorthodoxy) because he can put out 25 videos in a month--where I can only manage 4. I wonder how much more my channel would grow if I could just double that number to 8! The other thing is that the monetization from Youtube (although helpful in a small way) is pennies against what normal 'day-job' like work pays me. So I end up devoting 50 hours a week to outside projects. I've got so many ideas for great content that I just don't have the resources to create. My trip to the west coast (to interview Dan Buck, Asad and Pandrea) was entirely self financed because I hoped the exposure would help with the Parlour campaign (and it did). But I can't wait for the day where the channel can pay for my bills and I can truly devote myself to the TGW brand. The parlour helps of course. And I will have other projects in the future for sure. But i'd love to not need the day job and make the leap to fulltime creator. I dream about one day having the resources that a Chris Ramsay has... his videos look great---but If I had a team of people and budget... oh man. In fact, I've been chatting with Pigcake quite a bit about an extensive video idea I want to do with him that may require some crowdfunding. I don't know how likely people are to want to support that.

Sorry to totally detail this thread. haha.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Harvonsgard

Maybe start a thread in the general section, or completly hijack this one :lol: !
When I see the success of the parlour campaign, I think there are quite some peeps that like to support you more. If I were a huge fan, I would definetly cut down on deck purchases, to support a content creator for playing cards.