Left Hand Playing Cards by Left Hand Brewing Company

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Left Hand Playing Cards by Left Hand Brewing Company

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

A custom deck by a brewery in Colorado. I know, I know not the best find but thought I'd share it anyway. You can buy them from HERE for 10 USD per deck if you want to have one
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Left Hand Playing Cards by Left Hand Brewing Company

Unread post by hsbc »

I have nothing but support for decks like these - one day someone might visit the brewery, see the deck of cards, and get interested in collecting cards from there :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

hsbc wrote:I have nothing but support for decks like these - one day someone might visit the brewery, see the deck of cards, and get interested in collecting cards from there :D
Agreed. Also, some of my favorite decks are the ones I have a personal connection to, even though they inevitably have a "cheap" printing pedigree.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
kat11366

Unread post by kat11366 »

Hail to the Finnish Master of Cards! Seems like you are on a roll (again), keep digging up those finds!!!
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Yep, a local brew souvenir deck. I would buy these over any of the hype decks (NOC, Fontaine, etc) any day. Even with probable inferior printing and handling. Great find IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

$7.45 shipping in US? If someone is going can you PM me to discuss shipping a deck to me in Connecticut?
Move on, nothing to see here.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

kat11366 wrote:Hail to the Finnish Master of Cards! Seems like you are on a roll (again), keep digging up those finds!!!
we all should be bowing down to our Finnish King! :ugking: He scours and braves the deepest, darkest depths and bowels of the internet to bring us new and obscure decks from every corner of the world to feed our obsessions and for that we're all super thankful! Thanks Roope for your awesome finds! You're the best! :D

Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Thanks y'all, you are making me blush.

Amy, check "The Arts Playing Cards by Ann Lobanova" thread, Merlebirb and I have a task for you there :D Also because it's the best looking deck of these recent discoveries
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

Räpylätassu wrote:Amy, check "The Arts Playing Cards by Ann Lobanova" thread, Merlebirb and I have a task for you there :D Also because it's the best looking deck of these recent discoveries
oh no! I'm normally on top of allll the threads, but lately, I've just been crazy busy with other stuff and, as a result, have been missing quite a few... :shock: :? :cry: I'm clearly slacking lol

But I'll be sure to check it out later and catch up on what I've missed! Thanks! :D
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

It took a while and I really only wanted to avoid paying $7 in-state shipping, but in the end I scored a free deck through a marketing rep for Left Hand brewery.

Printer is not indicated anywhere on the tuck or deck; AoS is completely generic. Tuck has a cut-out window for the entire front, with no plastic "pane", no seal, cellophane on the inside. Card quality is no worse than what you expect; no embossing, mediocre quality in terms of handling, but they don't particularly stick when fanning. I've seen much, much worse - these are completely playable cards, just not cardistry quality.

Courts are custom but repeating and represent Left Hand brews. King is obviously for their famous milk stout, Jack is Black Jack porter, and I honestly don't know what the queen is, she's not Polestar Pilsner or Twin Sisters so it's a beer I haven't had or a retired bottle art. Jokers might be a bottle art but I don't recognize it so it might be custom for the deck. Backs are full-bleed but also one-way.

I like it; I had realistic expectations. There is a place in my heart for cheap souvenir and marketing decks for things I like or places I visit.

Not sure if I could get more, I was kind of expecting my beer guy to get a half dozen decks or so and sell me a few minus shipping rather than a single freebie, but no complaints.

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

But more importantly, how was the beer!?