*OFFICIAL* 2018 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Stockholm17
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 130

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2018 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Unread post by Stockholm17 »

WOW! thank you so much!
Congrats to all the other winners as well (designers) and to the winner of the prizes.

I have to find out what to send and to who lol
cheers
Lorenzo
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Stockholm17 wrote:WOW! thank you so much!
Congrats to all the other winners as well (designers) and to the winner of the prizes.

I have to find out what to send and to who lol
cheers
Lorenzo
I hope it's me again. :D :D

You know what I just thought? What if nobody else picks my prize? Should I throw 12 of my decks in a box and ship them to myself from my work or something? Lmfao. I think I might.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Gonzalo
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Gonzalo »

PipChick wrote:PRIZE GIVEAWAY CONTEST WINNERS

Prize Giveaway Contest winners will be announced on March 1st, 2019 along with the randomly generated list of winners denoting the order in which they each can select one of the prizes among those that have been generously donated by members of the UC community & sponsors of the 'Deck of the Year' Awards. You can view all current prize donations and learn more about the prize giveaway contest here in the post above.

RANDOMIZED LIST OF WINNERS
  1. Gonzalo

Oh, wow. That's me! I can't believe it! That's me, right? I mean, that's me, right?

So, what do I do now?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Gonzalo wrote:

Prize Giveaway Contest winners will be announced on March 1st, 2019 along with the randomly generated list of winners denoting the order in which they each can select one of the prizes among those that have been generously donated by members of the UC community & sponsors of the 'Deck of the Year' Awards. You can view all current prize donations and learn more about the prize giveaway contest here in the post above.

1. Gonzalo

Oh, wow. That's me! I can't believe it! That's me, right? I mean, that's me, right?

So, what do I do now?

You claim JR's Shorts subscription :lol:
BaconWise
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Congrats, Gonzalo! I guess you just post in this thread what your choice is, then #2 will post their choice, and so on.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

PipChick wrote: RANDOMIZED LIST OF WINNERS
18. vasfra
Say, Amy. Did you happen to misspell my name? 8-)
theCapraAegagrus

vasta41 wrote:
18. vasfra
No, vasfra is my 2nd account.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Gonzalo

Unread post by Gonzalo »

vasta41 wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:

1. Gonzalo

So, what do I do now?

That would be awesome! What do I do with the one I already have?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Gonzalo wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:

1. Gonzalo

So, what do I do now?

That would be awesome! What do I do with the one I already have?

You (and everyone else picking after you) should PM the user who's prize you'd like to claim and then PM the next person in line and let them know it's their turn to pick. I'm sure you and JR can work something out with your subscriptions if that's really the prize you're choosing.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

TwoPiece wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
18. vasfra
No, vasfra is my 2nd account.
I thought it was PipChick? [BACON]
Gonzalo

Unread post by Gonzalo »

I'll do that, thank you, vasta. As soon as Jackson answers, I'll let know the next one on the list and post what did I choose.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Gonzalo wrote:I'll do that, thank you, vasta. As soon as Jackson answers, I'll let know the next one on the list and post what did I choose.
Correct! You can also post right here for the next person to pick.
Gonzalo

Unread post by Gonzalo »

PM sent to Jackson. I'll post here whatever I end up choosing as soon as he answers.
furrukhjamal

Unread post by furrukhjamal »

just in case if anyone is not happy winning a prize, im graciously available to accept their prize on their behalf
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

#12 - So excited! Quick question: what happens if someone on the list never posts or PMs to claim their prize? How long before any action gets the prize train moving again? Not impatient, but wanting to set my expectations.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

This has been a great contest, thanks again to everyone involved and especially PipChick.

HEY I WON A PRIZE :D

Don't worry, TwoPiece, if no one claims your offer, you know that I'll take the bait when my times comes. You also know that I demand a penguin magic packaging video for that to happen. And we'll use the footage to promote next year's contest. :drool:
Alex
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Congrats to the winners!!!

It's nice that CARTOMANCER (designed by Alain Benoit) won the BEST ROOKIE DECK award and 3rd overall. Same for HANA in pips! Luv! Lunatica! Luv! Cool that OUTLAW (it's a great deck!) got 2nd place in Aces. My only disappointment is that Sisterhood of Blood: Vol. II got only 2nd place in back designs. :D
PipChick wrote: 21. Bradius
22. TwoPiece
LOL I should have set my magic number to 99 :lol:
Bradius wrote:It turns out TwoPiece and I get in by the skin of our teeth in the drawing. :mrgreen:
LOL
TwoPiece wrote:Aren't there only 20 prizes? How are there 22 winners?
LOL

p.s. My prize is not just a recolor (blue to green). I'll use the first box/back designs (waves). Or you can pick your own color if you don't like green.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

vasta41 wrote:
18. vasfra
I wish! lol but no - sorry vasta; there is in fact another member by the name of 'vasfra' that had voted and was entered into the drawing and won (actually, I double, triple & quadruple checked both of your votes and the prize drawing in particular just because of the similar user names and I didn't want to accidentally mix y'all up lol). But feel free to blame him as your evil twin for stealin' your spot :ugthink: :P lmao :lol:

Okay, so just a few quick points to make sure the selection process for prizes the winning participants goes smoothly:
  1. Please publicly post here what prize you'd like to select and receive from those listed as available; this will allow total transparency and accountability as well as allow us to keep track of which prizes have been claimed and are no longer available for the following winners to choose from. As soon as you publicly stake your claim, the prize will be noted as unavailable.
  2. Please be absolutely sure that the prize you publicly claim is the prize you absolutely want and you are aware of any and all arrangements in regards to shipping with the donor. If you have questions about the prizes or the shipping arrangements, please either post those here or privately to the donor so you can make an informed decision. After you publicly claim a prize, you will not be able to 'change your mind' and request to select something else as this could affect the decision and selection process for all subsequent winners - so please be absolutely sure in what you choose. As soon as you announce the prize you are selecting, the next person will be permitted to make their own selection.
  3. You may take as much or as little time in deciding which prize to select, but please be considerate of the time you take in making a decision by keeping in mind that others behind you will be waiting until you make a decision and publicly select your prize. If you need more time, please just publicly post expressing such. An allotted time frame in which a decision/selection must be made has not been determined and will only become an issue after a general consensus that you are stalling the process at which point you will be notified of a deadline to make a selection and it will only be enforced. We will not allow winners to skip over one another and the order of selection will strictly follow the order of winners listed.
  4. You are responsible for PMing the donor of the prize that you select to arrange for shipping. If they don't respond to you immediately, don't stress and give them a bit of time. If necessary, we'll also provide whatever support we can in reaching your donor and help to facilitate communication.
  5. You may also PM the next winner on the list, but it's not entirely necessary as they are responsible themselves of paying attention to their turn when it comes (but sending a reminding PM is always appreciated ;) :D )
  6. If a listed prize giveaway winner doesn't select a prize for an extended period of time NOR post or respond to PMs and we are not able to get in touch with them causing the entire selection process to stall, their chance to select a prize will be forfeited as if they had opted out and all winners will be moved up one slot with the remaining open slot at the bottom to be filled with the next participant that had been drawn. The allotted time frame in which a decision/selection must be made has yet to be determined but it will only be enforced if there is absolutely no communication from the winning recipient and a judgment will only be made if/when such an event occurs as determined by and in agreement of the community as a whole.

I hope I covered everything and didn't miss any points of expressed concern - if so, let me know and let's discuss :) I'm sorry for not laying this out earlier and/or making it more clear.

Happy Prize Pickin' to all DOTY Giveaway Winners! :ugdance:
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

@Montenzi - +1 on Sisterhood deck's back design. I voted for it as the best back design too.

Congratulations to all the winners...

And hats off to Amy for her zeal and perseverance in getting UC DoTY voting count to improve a lot this time. We should have got more participation and seems like this is too much of an ask, it does tell us a lot about human behavior and how social media has affected it. Likes and sharing of posts related to contests is easy and you can see 500/1000+ folks participating there and if you just ask to do a bit more, participation plummets down.
SirCrunoke
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

PipChick wrote: Okay, so just a few quick points to make sure the selection process for prizes the winning participants goes smoothly:

5 You may also PM the next donor on the list, but it's not entirely necessary as they are responsible themselves of paying attention to their turn when it comes (but sending a reminding PM is always appreciated ;) :D )
Do you mean PM the next winner?
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

guru wrote:@Montenzi - +1 on Sisterhood deck's back design. I voted for it as the best back design too.

Congratulations to all the winners...

And hats off to Amy for her zeal and perseverance in getting UC DoTY voting count to improve a lot this time. We should have got more participation and seems like this is too much of an ask, it does tell us a lot about human behavior and how social media has affected it. Likes and sharing of posts related to contests is easy and you can see 500/1000+ folks participating there and if you just ask to do a bit more, participation plummets down.
I am new to the community via TGW's YouTube channel where he told me about the forum and the vote. It was very easy and I was shocked there were only around 100 folks contributing to the vote. Obviously, those odds helped me land a spot on the prize list (woot!) but between UC, Reddit, FB, IG, and other platforms, I am amazed there wasn't more participation. I am so impressed with Amy and I have seen some great comments on making next year's DOTY vote even more spectacular (I'm looking at you, TGW!). I can't wait to see what comes up next. Cheers
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
PipChick

SirCrunoke wrote:Do you mean PM the next winner?
yep - that's exactly what I mean; I edited the OP to correct :)
theCapraAegagrus

Azazaaz wrote:This has been a great contest, thanks again to everyone involved and especially PipChick.

HEY I WON A PRIZE :D

Don't worry, TwoPiece, if no one claims your offer, you know that I'll take the bait when my times comes. You also know that I demand a penguin magic packaging video for that to happen. And we'll use the footage to promote next year's contest. :drool:
Couldn't remember who's idea it was, but yes, I still intend on doing that. :lol: :lol:
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Gonzalo

Unread post by Gonzalo »

Jackson answered promptly (thank you); I got the suscription to the Kings Wild Shorts.

Merlebird, your turn.
CupcakeBaron

Unread post by CupcakeBaron »

Congrats to all the winners! And a HUGE thank you to PipChick for putting so much work into DoTY Awards, you're awesome!

Anastasia

Unread post by Anastasia »

Wow I won a prize for the contest :O I didn't expect that ! Thank you very much :D :D :D
PipChick

Gonzalo wrote:Jackson answered promptly (thank you); I got the subscription to the Kings Wild Shorts.

Merlebird, your turn.
Thanks Gonzalo for gettin' the ball rollin' so promptly! YAY! :ugdance:

The prize pool of those available has been updated to reflect your selection:
PipChick wrote:those in yellow are still available for selection from winners, those in red have been claimed by a winner and is no longer available for selection from another winner
The list of winners has also been updated to reflect the prize you'll receive and denote the next winner up for making their selection - 'bird's up! lol :ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance:
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

Last year my name was drawn fifth. This year, with eight times the turnout, I came up second. Selling my soul to Satan is clearly paying dividends.

I've sent a PM to montenzi to ask for more details about what the "ultra-limited" NEO:WAVE variant might look like. I'm most intrigued by this passing remark:
montenzi wrote:you can pick your own color if you don't like green.
Cardileigh
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Cardileigh »

Congratulations to all the winners! I can not believe I have not seen the NPCCD series before- pretty great!
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

[quote="Merlebird"I've sent a PM to montenzi to ask for more details about what the "ultra-limited" NEO:WAVE variant might look like. I'm most intrigued by this passing remark:
montenzi wrote:you can pick your own color if you don't like green.
Replied! And yes, I am talking about back designs/box designs mentioned in the first post here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10913
They are "original" as I changed my mind and printed another back/box for NEO:WAVE. But I can print any variation of available designs (with or wihtout borders) or change color or print two back designs :uggrin: One color per winner but two back designs (with and without borders) are possibe. Hope it helps.