Invocation - By Kings Wild Project - Kickstarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Re: Invocation - By Kings Wild Project - Kickstarter

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

MagikFingerz wrote:Jackson: Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as complaining about your rates specifically. I really appreciate your transparency on everything and I don't think you're overcharging in any department. I simply wanted to state that I (sadly) won't be backing because I simply can't justify $60 for two decks in my current financial situation. If I had the funds, I'd not only be in but also a KW shorts subscriber. Maybe, hopefully, in the not-so-distant future though...
No worries.

I'm really trying to figure out and iron out the backend elements of offering a delayed shipping option for the Kings Wild Shorts. Just making a change like that with my current system and keeping everyone's info straight is a big task or at least a big task for my little brain. Not to mention having to store everyone's deck for 3-4 months.
Calypso

Unread post by Calypso »

Had to work and missed out on all the good tiers. :(

If anyone has a 1 of Everything (or 1 of each Gilded) and wants to back out, let me know. Thanks.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

(I'm just now noticing this on the KS page - it's "Cartamundi", not "Cartimundi") :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I just added a new "I2" tier for a mixed standard brick. you get $6 off the total if you were to add the all twelve decks up. A few people were asking about a mixed brick option.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

JacksonRobinson wrote:
BaconWise wrote:Excited for your launch tomorrow, Jackson. You are the Brandon Sanderson of artistic production - just a machine. I saw your Pi and Labyrinth decks for your subscription service and realized I missed the boat when I was looking at that slot in December. In any case, I will not be missing this launch. Best of luck and I am loving my Maduros! Cheers
Thanks for your kind words.

The really ironic thing about your phrase, that makes me very happy, is I love Brandon Sanderson, and I just finished solidifying a licensing deal with Dragonsteel (Brandon's IP company) and hopefully if I can get the work done in time I will be launching my first officially licensed Stormlight Archives themed deck on Kickstarter in Julyish. And if all goes well with that we will move onto the Mistborn series.
That's great news! His Cosmere is full of some incredible stories and I can't wait to see what you do! I backed the Name of the Wind art decks last year as that is my favorite fantasy series. I have plenty of room for some other fantasy-themed decks :) Good luck with your projects and congrats on funding invocation so quickly! It reeks of DOTY already
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

BaconWise wrote:It reeks of DOTY already
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad to see we're already makin' our early draft picks for next year lol! :D
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I'm going to have to wait for the resellers on these; Postage of $15USD ($21.12AUD) for one deck and/or $24USD ($33.80AUD) for a pair of decks is just too much.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I am Backer #7. Got 1 of each.

Idk about actual Deck of the Year for 2019, but it'll be a contender for some other categories.

I actually have to go back and get some of JR's decks that I skipped lately (or missed out on).
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

TwoPiece wrote:I am Backer #7. Got 1 of each.

Idk about actual Deck of the Year for 2019, but it'll be a contender for some other categories.

I actually have to go back and get some of JR's decks that I skipped lately (or missed out on).
Man you've got quickie hands... #22 here, reporting for (no) duty.

"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
theCapraAegagrus

Decknowledgy wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:I am Backer #7. Got 1 of each.

Man you've got quickie hands... #22 here, reporting for (no) duty.

:lol: :lol:

Quick network + quick PC + quick hands = low number.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

TwoPiece wrote:Quick network + quick PC + quick hands = low number.
Pierre + nothing else = #1
theCapraAegagrus

vasta41 wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:Quick network + quick PC + quick hands = low number.
Pierre + nothing else = #1
Pierre is a LOSER!
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

Guys, I really don't understand the hype here... I know this is a Jackson's deck and I love Jackson, but I simply cannot appreciate the design of these decks, leave alone the price. Simply feels like I'm just alone with this point, that make me putting my aesthetic criteria on doubt... Same thing happened on the Intaglio campaign
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vedus

Unread post by vedus »

Gorgeous backs and tuck. The court artwork isn't for me.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

akicer wrote:Guys, I really don't understand the hype here... I know this is a Jackson's deck and I love Jackson, but I simply cannot appreciate the design of these decks, leave alone the price. Simply feels like I'm just alone with this point, that make me putting my aesthetic criteria on doubt... Same thing happened on the Intaglio campaign
I'm just going to straight up say I backed not because of the hype, but because I like the new court designs. Also, this is my first time backing his project on KS. Anything else or at least recently I see a similarity in face cards which makes me consider carefully what to pick up by Jackson. Luckily, other aspects of his recent decks do have some quirks that interest me.

Don't worry, everyone has different aesthetics and appeals, and there's no reason to conform to the majority. For designers it's also a step by step, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've went back to Jackson's history on UC and found that it's not always this hype for him, almost dumped at one point. But anyways, just go with what you like and that's it; if you don't want to chase after a name, that's fine, be an artwork chaser instead. :)
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
theCapraAegagrus

akicer wrote:Guys, I really don't understand the hype here... I know this is a Jackson's deck and I love Jackson, but I simply cannot appreciate the design of these decks, leave alone the price. Simply feels like I'm just alone with this point, that make me putting my aesthetic criteria on doubt... Same thing happened on the Intaglio campaign
The hype is in the detail of the design. The monotonous color palate may throw some people off, but the details of the back design and the courts, simply make this a stunning (IMO) must-have deck. The price is indicative of the USPCC quality on one deck, Cartamundi's foil on the other, and of course the gilded options.

Not every deck will appeal to every person. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I will definitely agree with you that the Intaglio campaign was a huge let-down (among other things). This campaign, on the other hand, I think is a direction back to the good ol' days of JR being at the top of his 'game'.

JR has done a lot of decks with a lot of color. IMO the single-color palate really forces you to focus on the detail of the deck. This opinion follows what I've said about Lotrek's Damask deck, too. Multiple shiny colors will not distract me from the 'meh' of the design. This deck will attract those who love well-executed fine-line work. Something that Paul Carpenter is known for.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I am also on the fence with the single color and tuck design.

The copper deck card colors look nearly yellow. The tuck design kind of looks like just a bunch of lines without a theme really. I like that the platinum has foil on the front and back of the card.

However, I love copper so I went in for one copper gilded edition. Hoping the copper gilding is really nice copper color and not too close to gold. The box looks pretty close to gold except for the band. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, the KS pictures were renderings so I'm hoping the cards and tuck turn out to be much more copper in color than the pictures.

It all comes down to personal taste. Even the most loved creators here will have decks that just don't appeal to you and the worst may have a deck that does.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

I'm with you, too: the design doesn't speak to me all that much, but I backed a platinum edition because of the cold foil. I'm hoping that will justify the price and excite me more once it is in my hands. I also don't care for the current drop shadow on the platinum red suit indices, but I trust JR's judgment on that from a design standpoint.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

wingedpotato wrote:
I'm with you, too: the design doesn't speak to me all that much, but I backed a platinum edition because of the cold foil. I'm hoping that will justify the price and excite me more once it is in my hands. I also don't care for the current drop shadow on the platinum red suit indices, but I trust JR's judgment on that from a design standpoint.
Ha! Good Catch! I hadn't noticed it until you said something. The drop shadow on the red indicies IS something I have already deleted. I'll have to update that pic on the KS page.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE

Unread post by hsbc »

You don't need a reason to like or dislike something :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
theCapraAegagrus

hsbc wrote:
You don't need a reason to like or dislike something :D
That's how WWII happened...
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Hmm. I know I have slow fingers. I was backer 126. I had trouble getting the campaign to load on Kickstarter. It was at least 3 minutes past before I could even see it on Kickstarter.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Here is Justice, one of jokers. The other will be Truth.
Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 2.20.16 PM.png
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Super stoked I snagged a G1 (1 of each, gilded and standard) after missing the initial launch. I've been randomly checking and got lucky today!
I guess what I'm trying to say is you just need to keep checking and the tier you want might just open up. Cheers!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Yeah, people will drop out of tiers, but you have to get lucky because Jackson's limited stuff gets snapped up almost as fast as it gets dropped off. I had to get lucky myself when the second Federal 52 campaign went on. I was a little late and everyone was like, "Dude, you got to get on fast to get these". I think that was before I joined UC and started getting more informed on when stuff launched on Kickstarter.

Even so, my fingers are just too slow. :lol: I am still late the party even when I try to get there on time.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
theCapraAegagrus

Truth? Justice? Where's Superman?

When are you gonna design a DC Comics deck? Lol.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

TruthandJustice.jpg
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Would have been nice with some Gio-type boobies but sill very classy, JR.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

invo.jpg
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

I like the Jack with the Sextant, that is rad.

I don't suppose the gilded slots are available, I'd been waiting for a G1 opening.