Bicycle Black Magic - KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Bicycle Black Magic - KS

Unread post by CBJ »

From Gamblers Warehoouse / playingcards.net

z1.jpg
z3.jpg
z4.jpg

Are you a Bicycle collector?
Join the Facebook group!!
Link: http://bit.ly/BicyclePlayingCardCollectors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Bicycle Black Magic - KS

Unread post by vasta41 »

Hmmm pretty cool. Might have to check this out EVEN THOUGH the front and back border colors don't match :(
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I am so saturated on decks right now I was ready to give it a pass before even looking at it, but these do look fairly nice. Hopefully there will be an early bird special I can pick up.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

The problem that I have with this campaign is not so much the cards themselves but rather the people behind it - Playingcards.net/GW. I have backed their Hercules campaign and although the cards themselves are pretty nice, their customer service is atrocious and I am still waiting for the poker set that is the most expensive part of my order. They keep promising that they have UPS’d it to me but I am yet to get the tracking number (after asking for it about 5 times by now).

They are really not big on timely responses to backers and I have serious doubts that this is going to change.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

Magic Tapp wrote:The problem that I have with this campaign is not so much the cards themselves but rather the people behind it - Playingcards.net/GW. I have backed their Hercules campaign and although the cards themselves are pretty nice, their customer service is atrocious and I am still waiting for the poker set that is the most expensive part of my order. They keep promising that they have UPS’d it to me but I am yet to get the tracking number (after asking for it about 5 times by now).

They are really not big on timely responses to backers and I have serious doubts that this is going to change.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know your order details and whats missing and will send you an update asap.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:
Magic Tapp wrote:The problem that I have with this campaign is not so much the cards themselves but rather the people behind it - Playingcards.net/GW. I have backed their Hercules campaign and although the cards themselves are pretty nice, their customer service is atrocious and I am still waiting for the poker set that is the most expensive part of my order. They keep promising that they have UPS’d it to me but I am yet to get the tracking number (after asking for it about 5 times by now).

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know your order details and whats missing and will send you an update asap.
Ain’t it amazing what starting a new campaign does?

Okay, I will bite - I am backer number 23 and I have sent you multiple messages to no avail. Send me a DM.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Magic Tapp wrote:
Gamblers Warehouse wrote:

Ain’t it amazing what starting a new campaign does?
Sick burn.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

Depending upon how the funding goes, are there chances of adding a gilded version like many of your similar kickstarter projects?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Now live:

$13 per deck shipped. Unfortunately the page mentions nothing about foil or embossing on the tuck case so those renders are just that- renders. The tuck will look nothing like the picture in real life without foil and embossing.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

vasta41 wrote:Now live:

$13 per deck shipped. Unfortunately the page mentions nothing about foil or embossing on the tuck case so those renders are just that- renders. The tuck will look nothing like the picture in real life without foil and embossing.
Yeah, I like it but with plain printed glossy tuck, I'm not sure. I set the reminder though as I do like the cards. Will look back in on it.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Max of the texture series collaborated on this. It does nothing for me though.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

We really wanted foiling & embossing both on this deck. Reason we didn't opt for it:
1. The design is very detailed and therefore would have been hard to foil everything.
2. We had the choice to either manufacture the tucks with USPCC with foiling & embossing which would increase the price a whole lot or We could have made the tucks in house with all the embellishments for much less without bicycle branding on it since Bicycle is on there so we cant make them in house.
Our best bet was to go with Bicycle Branding as still there is alot of demand for branded decks and keep the price at $13 with shipping included.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:We really wanted foiling & embossing both on this deck. Reason we didn't opt for it:
1. The design is very detailed and therefore would have been hard to foil everything.
2. We had the choice to either manufacture the tucks with USPCC with foiling & embossing which would increase the price a whole lot or We could have made the tucks in house with all the embellishments for much less without bicycle branding on it since Bicycle is on there so we cant make them in house.
Our best bet was to go with Bicycle Branding as still there is alot of demand for branded decks and keep the price at $13 with shipping included.
I have no problem with any of this. I have a problem with the render as it is misleading. Now as a business it's your job to sell and promote your deck and I wish you luck doing that. But there's a fine line between hype and false advertisement. I don't think you've crossed the line here but I would sure love to see a picture of the actual deck once it's made next to the picture of the render on your KS page. I can only imagine they'd look very different.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

vasta41 wrote:
Gamblers Warehouse wrote:We really wanted foiling & embossing both on this deck. Reason we didn't opt for it:
I have no problem with any of this. I have a problem with the render as it is misleading. Now as a business it's your job to sell and promote your deck and I wish you luck doing that. But there's a fine line between hype and false advertisement. I don't think you've crossed the line here but I would sure love to see a picture of the actual deck once it's made next to the picture of the render on your KS page. I can only imagine they'd look very different.
for this exact reason, and the fact that Gamblers is behind this project with their terrible customer service, I'm not takin' the bait... being a fully custom bicycle-branded deck, this will have no problem getting funded (looks like it already has anyways) so I'mma just wait til after production to decide whether or not I wanna pick one up at retail price, which I'm sure won't be all that different than what it's being offered for at the current pledge tiers.
Bradius

Re: Bicycle Black Magic - KS (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

I have had good service with Gamblers Warehouse myself. With shipping included, the price is fairly good. I am in for a few. I really like the design. I wish at least they could use metallic inks, but it still looks nice.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

They now have a new stretch goal for a foiled, embossed and gilded version at 10K, thanks to all that voiced their opinions here and on their comment section. :D
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

They now have a new stretch goal for a foiled, embossed and gilded version at 10K, thanks to all that voiced their opinions here and on their comment section. :D
Great. Now I need to go sell a kidney somewhere....checking the dark web... [MURRAY]
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Romeril
Decks Owned: 272

Unread post by Romeril »

shermjack wrote:They now have a new stretch goal for a foiled, embossed and gilded version at 10K, thanks to all that voiced their opinions here and on their comment section. :D
The stretch goal has been met. Beginning tomorrow at 10:00 AM cst you can add on the gilded deck, max of two decks for $30 each. A print run of 300.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Romeril wrote:
shermjack wrote:They now have a new stretch goal for a foiled, embossed and gilded version at 10K, thanks to all that voiced their opinions here and on their comment section. :D
The stretch goal has been met. Beginning tomorrow at 10:00 AM cst you can add on the gilded deck, max of two decks for $30 each. A print run of 300.
I wish they just had an option for the blinged out tuck without the gilding. I think I'm over gilding... I used to love it but I seem to have grown tired of it. So $30 isn't worth it for me. But $15 (for example) for that deck in an embossed and foiled tuck? I'm in. I wonder if GW would add that option?

EDIT: I just checked the page and it looks like they are going to print a new tuck for the gilded version?

While that tuck looks nice I still wish they embossed and foiled the Bicycle tuck :(
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I really like this tuck! However, I don't like the cards enough to get a gilded version for the tuck @ $30. Plus, you can't get it alone.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Unlike Spirit and Alloy, this design doesn't merit a gilded version.

Some people just wanna gild everything, and it's leading to fatigue. Alex Chin gilded a deck in green that was already gilded in another flavor.

Stop gilding everything, people!

Look at JR - he only has 6 gilded decks prior to Invocation (4 Tally-Hos, Texas, and Liberty Gold). This is a guy that's designed dozens of decks. Look at Lotrek - NO gilded decks in his catalog.

Just stop!
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

TwoPiece wrote:Unlike Spirit and Alloy, this design doesn't merit a gilded version.
yea, I agree.

Personally, I think it would've been better to have the stretch goal go towards embossing and foil on the standard tuck that more people would be able to enjoy than going towards offering this limited edition with gilding that seems superfluous for a deck like this - if the stretch goal of embossing/foil on the tucks were the case, I might've considered jumpin' in on this campaign. too bad... maybe the next stretch goal??
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

Holy Crap! These cards are beautiful!

Full Deck Scan - https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 8746793443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quick Note: At the time of uploading, Flickr is doing design changes on their site, and as a result, the cards are not sorted like they usually are
chicken_ql

Unread post by chicken_ql »

macstrat wrote:Holy Crap! These cards are beautiful!

Full Deck Scan - https://www.flickr.com/photos/167981955 ... 8746793443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quick Note: At the time of uploading, Flickr is doing design changes on their site, and as a result, the cards are not sorted like they usually are
That looks sick!
macstrat

chicken_ql wrote:
macstrat wrote:Holy Crap! These cards are beautiful!

That looks sick!
These are great and handle fantastic. I highly recommend picking up a deck if possible. They should be available on playingcards.net soon, but they update their site about as often as we update members of congress...
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Is there any photo of their black/silver box available?
macstrat

montenzi wrote:Is there any photo of their black/silver box available?
If there is, I dont have it. These are the standard tucks.
adams_osu

Unread post by adams_osu »

Yes - here you go. It's nicely embossed and very shiny.
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg (224.2 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (221.27 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
MurphysMagic

Unread post by MurphysMagic »

These are now available at your favorite Murphy's Magic retailer.

Limited Edition Bicycle Black Magic Playing Cards
Only 2500 printed! Will NOT be reprinted.

2D and 3D designs have been combined to make a unique look.
Custom faces, courts and tucks acknowledge good and evil.
Card faces have white backgrounds perfect for magic and table games.
Printed by the United States Playing Card Company and Bicycle® branded.