Undeath Playing Cards by USPCC live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
KardKraken

Undeath Playing Cards by USPCC live on KS

Unread post by KardKraken »

Hello, everyone! I am so excited to bring you the deck I made specifically for everyone on United Cardists. I have got a lot of great feedback and this is the result of it, so thank you guys! Check it out and tell me what you think. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... s-by-uspcc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

Re: Undeath Playing Cards by USPCC live on KS

Unread post by RichK »

Even, the background of every card is different according to suit.
Background on each card is same. :oops:

Theme has been done too much. Good luck.
Move on, nothing to see here.
KardKraken

Oh wow, thanks for pointing this out! The cards had different backgrounds for each suit, but it looked too convoluted when the cards were fanned out, so I made it only one background during the final cut. I'll make sure to edit that out :D

Also, could you tell me what other decks have used this theme? I did not know that is had been over used in the community.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

and some pics:

Since it seems you've deliberately decided against including additional pics of any of the other courts on the project page, should we assume that this deck will feature repeating designs across all the suits, or will you only be making very slight & minor changes to the design so they're not completely identical as seen in your Japanese Masks deck??
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Back design is gross.

Lack of color makes me ill.

This was NOT designed for me...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
KardKraken

Hello, Pipchick, all the court cards will be completely different.
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

couple reasons not to buy

1. no full tuck case picture - think about the tuck case of the other deck from this designer
2. back design
3. I was debating if I should spend $10 for a deck, now missing the EB, $20?? no way
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PipChick

KardKraken wrote:Hello, Pipchick, all the court cards will be completely different.
will those completely different court card designs be revealed on the project page at any point before the campaign ends??
KardKraken

No, Pip, the court cards will not be revealed before the campaign ends, sorry about that.
theCapraAegagrus

KardKraken wrote:No, Pip, the court cards will not be revealed before the campaign ends, sorry about that.
You suck.

This sucks?

This post is relevant.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I think what 2pc. is trying to say is that you may not attract as many people as you'd like to your playing card campaign without depictions or renders of all the playing cards. A few other constructive criticisms:
Your art work is very good but the deck would greatly benefit from more color. Your back design is okay but absolutely needs color. Also, even though you have that faded image of the structure behind all the courts (which I'm not sure even belongs?) there is still too much "blank" space. And that render of the tuck... is that the back? If so I personally don't like it when the back-of-tuck is different from the back-of-cards; not to mention that you should definitely have a render of the tuck front before starting a KS campaign. For people like me who don't open their decks that is a very important draw to the deck and 100% necessary to post on your campaign. If that's supposed to be the front of the tuck then it's not good at all- you need to label it! Let people know what it is. And as previously mentioned, a render of the back design is almost just as important. Finally the Old English font you're using for the markers is awful- waaay to difficult to determine the value during game play. You should use something neater. IMO it seems like you rushed to start this KS project when, if you took a little more time and did just a little bit more work, you'd have an awesome deck.
theCapraAegagrus

vasta41 wrote:I think what 2pc. is trying to say is that you may not attract as many people as you'd like to your playing card campaign without depictions or renders of all the playing cards. A few other constructive criticisms:
You're insane.

I would never try to say something negative without being implicitly offensive.

I know he's used to taking advantage of 100 mentally ill people by selling dreck for $50 each, but for a deck allegedly "designed for UC", this fails to meet any such illustrious expectations.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I think what 2pc. is trying to say is... well, just look at his avatar.
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Good advice here. I could add the price point is tough too.

Whatever you do, if your funding goes through, over-deliver if you can. If not, communicate regularly. Do not give into negative comments. Deliver what is promised as fast as you can. Don’t skimp and definitely don’t skip out. If you haven’t noticed, this is a small group. They pay up front, but expect creators to live up to there promises.
KardKraken

Thanks for all the positive vibes from Bradius and Vasta! If either of you would like a few of these decks, just say so!
theCapraAegagrus

I'm offended by your lack of thanks for my negative input here.

Notice me!
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

TwoPiece wrote:Back design is gross.

Lack of color makes me ill.

This was NOT designed for me...
TwoPiece wrote:You suck.

This sucks?

This post is relevant.
TwoPiece wrote:I would never try to say something negative without being implicitly offensive.

I know he's used to taking advantage of 100 mentally ill people by selling dreck for $50 each, but for a deck allegedly "designed for UC", this fails to meet any such illustrious expectations.
TwoPiece wrote:I'm offended by your lack of thanks for my negative input here.

Notice me!
Goddamnit, you're an annoying little shit! You think you're being funny, but all you're doing is showing how embarrassingly immature you are. It's been a while since I've visited UC, so I decided to swing by to look up the deck of the year contest details for this year (by the way, it looks like PipChick has things locked down under control, great job!). But I see none of the mods have been able to rein you in at all, which is a shame because you're a blemish on this site for sure. Garbage posts like the ones above is the reason why I've not been here as much, and it'll be the reason why I'll be gone for a while again. Enough getting side-tracked by this bullshit, back to the topic:
KardKraken wrote:Also, could you tell me what other decks have used this theme? I did not know that is had been over used in the community.
By this theme, I'm assuming you mean the life/death duality of the court cards? If so, the theme has definitely been done enough times before. The most recent, and most well-done example that comes to my mind is the Moirai Playing cards. Aside from TwoPiece's typically asinine comments, there's some good advice being offered here in this thread and I hope you consider them. Good luck on KS.
theCapraAegagrus

alric wrote: ...I see none of the mods have been able to rein you in at all...posts like the ones above is the reason why I've not been here as much, and it'll be the reason why I'll be gone for a while again.
The mods here have something called a "sense of humor".

It looks like I've been doing the site a service. Thank you, come again.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

alric wrote:Garbage posts like the ones above is the reason why I've not been here as much, and it'll be the reason why I'll be gone for a while again.
You can hide a user's posts by marking them as a 'foe' :ugking:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
theCapraAegagrus

hsbc wrote:
alric wrote:Garbage posts like the ones above is the reason why I've not been here as much, and it'll be the reason why I'll be gone for a while again.
You can hide a user's posts by marking them as a 'foe' :ugking:
There's an overwhelming amount of optimism and positivity on this board. I'm just here to provide balance. We can't have the scales tipped too far in one direction. If we didn't learn anything from Thanos and Infinity War...

But, yes, you're right. If anyone is afraid of my posts - Foe me. Losers.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
PipChick

alric wrote:
KardKraken wrote:Also, could you tell me what other decks have used this theme? I did not know that is had been over used in the community.
By this theme, I'm assuming you mean the life/death duality of the court cards? If so, the theme has definitely been done enough times before. The most recent, and most well-done example that comes to my mind is the Moirai Playing cards. Aside from TwoPiece's typically asinine comments, there's some good advice being offered here in this thread and I hope you consider them. Good luck on KS.
most recent deck of the same concept I can think of off the top of my head was that badass Solemn Oath brewery deck found by Roope and pics provided by Bradius and can be seen here

And, no shade, but this deck was also USPCC printed, complete with fully custom designs, ANNNND is currently still available for sale at only $5 bucks... :?

Actually, it now makes me want to get that deck moreso and leaves very little consideration for yours, in which we'll never even get the chance of seeing all of the designs and the deck in its entirety before pledging anyways... :?

Also,
hsbc wrote:You can hide a user's posts by marking them as a 'foe' :ugking:
foe' real consider this feature alric