Bicycle Army Men -- Kickstarter COMPLETE!

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Adam

Re: Bicycle Army Men -- Kickstarter Live !

Unread post by Adam »

MagikFingerz wrote:Are you sure it'll be that easy to figure out what people want? My pledge will be $24.05 (2 decks @ $5, $6 int shipping, dogtag for $3 and 5 dice for $5.05). Sounds like you'll be doing a math problem for each pledge :P

I'll send out a survey to find out exactly what people pledged for but when I go to order from the manufacturers I need a rough estimate.
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

Evan wrote:
UtterFool wrote:
Adam wrote:

If this deck makes exactly $26,457 I will be totally freaked out
You didn't know that Adam can see the future?
And of course I can see the future that's why I released my Deck Just before 13 other F'n decks! :) <-- I hate the bearded smiley will someone do something about these?
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

Update #8

Hey Everyone! Yes I know another update. I'll keep it short though. So what happens when we hit 250%? Custom Artwork on all Brick Boxes! First I'll answer a few questions....

Why 250%?

Because these are VERY Expensive and have a high minimum order quantity, Soooo.... I need to break into the next price break on the decks of cards.

What is a Brick?

It's 12 decks of cards in a box.

Who gets the custom box?

Contingent on passing 250% funding anyone that pledges for a brick or anyone that pledges for more than 12 decks?

What quality are the Boxes?

OUTSTANDING! These are not the cheap flimsy white cartons that come surrounding a normal brick. These are solid 24 pt. CIS Stock with Aqueous Coating They look great and feel even better!

So show us the custom artwork already!!!!

Okay! Designed to look like a munitions crate, It will hold 12 of the ammo case inspired tuck boxes perfectly!

Brick Box Design (Custom Artwork Only if 250% is Raised)

Brick Box in Retail Display Mode (Custom Artwork Only if 250% is Raised)

Close up of Brick Box Detail
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Woah! Those are awesome, Adam!
Fluffykitten

Unread post by Fluffykitten »

That brick box looks hot! If I get a large order between now and then I'm getting one!

Those dice are hot!!! Another KS project that shall remain unnamed is charging $4 for two similar dice.
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

Very cool idea for the Brick Box! The design turned out great. I think I can attest to the quality of the paper stock and printing. They would look badass!

Thanks, Randy
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

6 Days left, I'm grasping at straws here trying to promote this deck and push us over the 250%, I really want to do those custom brick boxes! Anyone have any ideas on how to drum up some business then feel free to shout them out.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Wassup Adam

for me personally I like buying signed and numbered decks like the Grid or Necronomicon offered. I do not mind dishing more money for signed decks
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Coin! I would definitely go for a card protector coin.

-Strag
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

If I may Adam, I think the main problem with your deck is that it's too targetted to American People.

Take for example the quicksilver deck of your colleague, it target everyone of every age, your target only US Army fan (I may exagerate a bit but you get my point).

Don't get me wrong I love your deck, you know I pledged for a lot of decks (even if I'm French *laugh*).
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
Fluffykitten

Unread post by Fluffykitten »

the dice are so awesome, i am honestly thinking of getting less deck so i can get more dice! thats crazy.
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

@JuJu, Thanks for your comments, I don't know if I completely agree with you though as the decks are really not US army specific. and if that were really true than I think that another deck by my colleague, the Americana deck, really would have limited backers to US but it didn't. I think you may be right to a point and I knew it would reduce some backers.

About 5 Days left in this project and it is definitely going to happen. The seals are a go regardless of hitting 150% (which we are going to hit regardless) and I'm working on trying to reduce the stretch goal requirements for the custom Brick Box.

Thanks again for all the comments and support!

Adam
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Hey Adam,

I think the Americana thing has more global appeal (hell I was just in Germany at a very cool 1800s theme wild west bar and also at an 1950s sock hop bar) but Army Men themselves (as a toy) are probably more uniquely American.

That said, I think they are cool and I'm already in for a few decks (American ex-pat living overseas tho).
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

Update #9

Okay we're coming down on the home stretch, As of the time of writing this we are about to pass the 150% mark so it looks like the custom seal is a GO!

DICE!!!!

We've also got the custom etched dice available remember just $1.01 each (the 1 cent is important as i can tell at a glance how many dice people ordered example: if your pledge ends in $XX.20 I now you want 20 dice.)

CUSTOM BRICK BOXES!!!

Okay so here is the big news. After really crunching the numbers and talking again with the box manufacturers I have decided to lower the requirement for the custom Brick Box! When we hit 200% anyone that orders a brick (12 Decks) or more will receive these custom retail boxes!

The Ammo Case!!

New Special reward level! for $175 you get an actual Army Issue Metal Ammo case with two bricks of cards, one t-shirt and stuffed full of plastic army men! These will also include a custom set of Dog Tags with a number X of 20 engraved on them

THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!!!

The Final Limited Edition Package is the Ultimate Package: This one has just about everything in it:

2 Bricks of Army Men Playing Cards
1 Uncut Sheet of Army Men Playing Cards
1 AIP bottle made magically by Jamie D. Grant containing 1 Deck of Army Men Playing Cards
1 Custom White Circle City Card Company T-Shirt
1 Custom Black Army Men T-shirt
a custom set of Dog Tags with "Limited Edition 1 of 1 engraved on them.
And a Bunch of little green Army Men
Packaged in an Actual Army Issue Metal Ammo Case (well not the uncut sheet, it will come in a tube)
T-Shirts!!

In case you failed to notice I mentioned T-shirts a couple times above well here they are and if you want one they are 15 bucks a piece. Just add $15/T-shirt to any order a and you will get one! Also just put a comment below stating that you added a T-shirt just so I can get a rough count upon completion. So here are the cool designs! (I'll send out a survey before shipment to find out which design you want)

Alright so that's it for this Update, Thanks Again everyone! This is amazing!

Best Regards,

Adam Clarkson

http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.circlecitycards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.facebook.com/circlecitycards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

15 minutes to go!

Congrats Adam! I do wish we would have hit the goal for the custom brick boxes :(

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

Thanks Jay, Russ and I are still talking with some Box companies and it may still happen but I can't say for sure yet unfortunately.
luisaayon

Re: Bicycle Army Men -- Kickstarter COMPLETE!

Unread post by luisaayon »

Amazing. Even i want to get these dices. These are really nice.

Unread post by doobybrain »

Can anybody seem to get an update from this guy on this successful Kickstarter project? I've emailed, messaged, and even sent him a note on Flickr and no response. Seems he has run off with our money...

Even the Kickstarter page comments section is starting to wonder.
lel

Unread post by lel »

Indeed, I'd be less worried if he just said SOMETHING. I'm pretty sure he hasn't run off with our money, but letting us know he still cares about the project and checking in once a month, even when nothing's happening, would help alleviate some of our worry.
doobybrain

Yeah, in my emails to him I said ANY response would be nice -- whether he's hit a snag or if everything is going well. Even a photo or something.

If I recall the original release date, it's about to pass too...
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

doobybrain wrote:Can anybody seem to get an update from this guy on this successful Kickstarter project? I've emailed, messaged, and even sent him a note on Flickr and no response. Seems he has run off with our money...

Even the Kickstarter page comments section is starting to wonder.
When I didn't get my Revision1 decks, I had to go through Russell to get them (he made sure I got them along with my Hornets order). Never got a reply from Adam.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
doobybrain

Hmm I guess I'll try to reach Russel then. Thanks!
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

He had to change a small part of his art at the last second, just like myself and many other have had to do. Unfortunately, once this happens you get 'bumped' to the end of the line. Adam and I are meeting up today to package up some more Quicksilvers. I have a feeling you'l see an update on KS soon.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Good to hear Russell, as like many others, I'm eagerly awaiting these decks and dice! :D
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Russell wrote:He had to change a small part of his art at the last second, just like myself and many other have had to do. Unfortunately, once this happens you get 'bumped' to the end of the line. Adam and I are meeting up today to package up some more Quicksilvers. I have a feeling you'l see an update on KS soon.
It would be a very good idea for him to post an update, since it's clear these won't be shipping "on time" and there are some pretty nasty comments on his other KS of people still not having received decks. Certainly this hasn't been the case with your project or decks I've ordered from CCCC direct.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Alright... I think we've been pretty patient.

Adam hasn't made a new post since Dec 17th on the KS page, and hasn't made a post in this thread since October.

I know he's been on.. So Adam... this is me calling out. What the hell is going on??

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

It has been quite the delay on the updates. I saw that he had to do touch ups but it would indeed be nice to hear from the man himself

what say ye Adam????
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

badpete69 wrote:It has been quite the delay on the updates. I saw that he had to do touch ups but it would indeed be nice to hear from the man himself

what say ye Adam????
CBJ wrote:Alright... I think we've been pretty patient.

Adam hasn't made a new post since Dec 17th on the KS page, and hasn't made a post in this thread since October.

I know he's been on.. So Adam... this is me calling out. What the hell is going on??

Jay
Seconded
10-4 over and out
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

This is kind of bad. Is not Adam and CCC linked. I could be wrong about that but
I know that is the perception a few of us have. Someone posted he was on his Honeymoon
a while ago. I know marriage changes things but I think it is important Adam straightens
things out to maintain a good rep. I am sure a good number of people on this forum have put
in a good amount of money. I hope this resolves itself soon.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Yeah, I've given at least another week since my last post... nothing and the folks on his KickStarter page are starting to get restless... ANY communication would be good at this point.