Z-Deck by Steve Minty

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
PrincessTrouble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Z-Deck by Steve Minty

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

So I asked if $17.58 was the correct shipping and they responded with "Haha, no worries." WTF does that mean?
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

The shipping may be borked but I love the deck and hope he continues with these anime decks. I really hope to see Fairy Tail or Sword Art Online decks.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Ok, they had the shipping weight set to pounds and instead of ounces. They are fixing it.
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

Does anyone have an idea of how many decks were printed? I would assume for a $15 deck that it is probably pretty high (3K - 5K). Any knowledge or guesses?
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

PrincessTrouble wrote:Ok, they had the shipping weight set to pounds and instead of ounces. They are fixing it.
Same thing happened to JR when he offered extra Haunted 8 decks. Shipping to Europe was around 80 bucks.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Pablo393 wrote:Does anyone have an idea of how many decks were printed? I would assume for a $15 deck that it is probably pretty high (3K - 5K). Any knowledge or guesses?
Not sure about the Z deck but Steve told me there were 2000 of the Moon Deck printed. Could well be the same seeing as they were both for Geek Thirst.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I never did care for Dragon Ball Z, the animation is too kiddish for me but I like Steve's work and these cards look good.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
cere23

Unread post by cere23 »

i'll pass again.

While Steve Minty makes much effort with his designs.
This and the sailor deck looks awful to me.
I may be nitpicking, but the likeness of.t characters in both are way off.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Bikefanatic wrote:I never did care for Dragon Ball Z, the animation is too kiddish for me but I like Steve's work and these cards look good.
'Kiddish'? Is this a bad attempt at a joke or are you simply clueless about animation? I've seen a lot of everything, family animation, adult animation, comedy animation, all the way back Hanna Barbera era animation, anime of every type from classic to modern, shounen to comedy to heavily stylised to action to slice-of-life to serious drama to sci-fi. It has it's own old school style but the only way to get less 'kiddish' animation than DBZ is to watch something like freaking Ghost in the Shell SAC. My word :shock:. Perhaps you've never seen anything older than the late 00's?
cere23 wrote:I may be nitpicking, but the likeness of.t characters in both are way off.
Yes, very much nitpicking and I have to completely disagree, as for the Z-Deck, I have the deck myself and I can say that the likenesses are very good and instantly recognisable. I'm not bothered at all about translating them to a different style, I don't think I'd be happy with essentially copy pasting them from a screenshot of the show and slapping them onto cards.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Adonael wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:I never did care for Dragon Ball Z, the animation is too kiddish for me but I like Steve's work and these cards look good.
'Kiddish'? Is this a bad attempt at a joke or are you simply clueless about animation? I've seen a lot of everything, family animation, adult animation, comedy animation, all the way back Hanna Barbera era animation, anime of every type from classic to modern, shounen to comedy to heavily stylised to action to slice-of-life to serious drama to sci-fi. It has it's own old school style but the only way to get less 'kiddish' animation than DBZ is to watch something like freaking Ghost in the Shell SAC. My word :shock:. Perhaps you've never seen anything older than the late 00's?
cere23 wrote:I may be nitpicking, but the likeness of.t characters in both are way off.
Yes, very much nitpicking and I have to completely disagree, as for the Z-Deck, I have the deck myself and I can say that the likenesses are very good and instantly recognisable. I'm not bothered at all about translating them to a different style, I don't think I'd be happy with essentially copy pasting them from a screenshot of the show and slapping them onto cards.
Pretty much agree with everything here.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Adonael wrote:
I grew up watching Xmen, Batman and Spiderman animated series in the 90s. Years later animation like Crying Freeman, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter II V series and Fist Of The North Star. So however I described DBZ, just not into it. Seems that I like animation/cartoon characters to look a lil' more ''realistic', not like Majin Buu or Mr. Popo. I still may get the deck anyway because the art is good.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
theCapraAegagrus

Bikefanatic wrote:
Adonael wrote:

I grew up watching Xmen, Batman and Spiderman animated series in the 90s. Years later animation like Crying Freeman, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter II V series and Fist Of The North Star. So however I described DBZ, just not into it. Seems that I like animation/cartoon characters to look a lil' more ''realistic', not like Majin Buu or Mr. Popo. I still may get the deck anyway because the art is good.
You just don't like Japanese animation, then. Because that's what the DragonBall franchise is.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Yeah, I remember high quality Japanese Animation in my teen years - Speed Racer! It doesn't get any better than that. :lol:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

TwoPiece wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote: I grew up watching Xmen, Batman and Spiderman animated series in the 90s. Years later animation like Crying Freeman, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter II V series and Fist Of The North Star. So however I described DBZ, just not into it. Seems that I like animation/cartoon characters to look a lil' more ''realistic', not like Majin Buu or Mr. Popo. I still may get the deck anyway because the art is good.
You just don't like Japanese animation, then. Because that's what the DragonBall franchise is.
All the underlined ones are also Japanese anime. Hell, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Fist of the North Star ran in the same manga magazine as Dragonball, for a while concurrently. I'm all for weeaboo dickwaving contests about which anime is the most anime ever to anime, but this isn't the strongest footing to start one on.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

The direction this convo seems to be going is seriously givin' me flashbacks of "The Adventures of Butthurt Anime Fan":

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So, comm'on guys, let's just all go watch Cowboy Bebop :D lol
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

PipChick wrote:The direction this convo seems to be going is seriously givin' me flashbacks of "The Adventures of Butthurt Anime Fan":

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So, comm'on guys, let's just all go watch Cowboy Bebop :D lol
Wow, right down to Pedostache Rock Lee ragging on Comic Book Guy Vegeta for being a "shonen fanboy," even though Naruto ran in Weekly Shonen Jump too you dingus

I am an extremely cool person who was very popular in high school.
theCapraAegagrus

Merlebird wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote: I grew up watching Xmen, Batman and Spiderman animated series in the 90s. Years later animation like Crying Freeman, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Street Fighter II V series and Fist Of The North Star. So however I described DBZ, just not into it. Seems that I like animation/cartoon characters to look a lil' more ''realistic', not like Majin Buu or Mr. Popo. I still may get the deck anyway because the art is good.
All the underlined ones are also Japanese anime. Hell, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Fist of the North Star ran in the same manga magazine as Dragonball, for a while concurrently. I'm all for weeaboo dickwaving contests about which anime is the most anime ever to anime, but this isn't the strongest footing to start one on.
I don't understand what this means. Never heard of any of the aforementioned shows. Don't 'sound' Japanese to me. You can "dickwave" about anime all you want. I wasn't, and I won't. Someone can cry about "Marvel vs DC" all day. It doesn't matter. Someone will like one thing better, and another, the other. When subjective tastes are part of the equation regarding objectively good mediums, there will be disagreements. The DragonBall franchise is a fine, fine, animated series.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

PipChick wrote:givin' me flashbacks of "The Adventures of Butthurt Anime Fan"
How have I never seen this? Lol. And OMG that chick in the video who says 'it's just a cartoon', that one gets me, it's like saying 'it's only a film/book/artwork/song/TV show/video game'. As if the creative and emotional expression of the human race, which connects and explores and represents us in a way beyond language, culture, experience and even time could possibly be defined as 'just'. She's what is known as a Basic B****.

It's not that I'm really into anime (hardly had time to watch any the last few years), it's that I'm really into everything and have the numbers/taste to back it up. I haven't gone back to watch DBZ since I was a kid but I do have the whole series remastered in 720p with both original japanese and english voice acting (like I saw it back in the day, and the only series I will ever accept with an english dub as a result) which I opened up just to make sure before I commented :D. The last thing I did get around to watching after always meaning to was the Trigun movie, damn I miss the old school stuff sometimes! I swear there was more real personality in the old stuff, not just surface level. I still have and listen to a favourite track from the OST of Now and Then, Here and There which could bring a tear to the eye.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

This deck had evaded my radar until today when I saw it on Steve Minty’s Instagram - he mentioned it could be had from his site by using the search “z deck” there - also still at geekthirst site
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I think we were limited to just one when they came out. A nice opportunity for those that missed it for sure.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction