Oath Mystery deck #2: DAMASK

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Magistrate1500

Re: Oath Mystery deck #2: DAMASK (wap)

Unread post by Magistrate1500 »

I’d like to wait and see if he has some explanation of his thinking before passing judgment but it doesn’t look good. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now just because it’s Lotrek. In the short time I’ve been here I’ve learned quickly not to make PipChick mad!
theCapraAegagrus wrote: "I'll give you this: It does not suck."
Thedissident001
Collector: Yes

Re: Oath Mystery deck #2: DAMASK

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

PipChick wrote:
Lotrek wrote:Okay, I will reveal one thing about this deck that I believe it's fair for you to know: It's not a variant of existing decks and there will be no player's or error, trial, etc editions.

I think it's the ideal deck for TwoPiece to regret for not getting it. :lol:
"I believe it's fair for you to know..."

I'm sorry, but in hindsight, this just feels like a total slap in the face... especially considering that the whole point of pre-ordering a deck completely sight unseen with absolutely no details on concept is rooted in the utmost trust in a designer.

and the "Cardistry Con" Edition is in fact a variant of an existing deck - the Mystery Deck we all already pre-ordered... sooo.... ??

with all due respect, this really kinda sours the whole reveal for me... ugh - it's 3am here so I'm going to bed to try to sleep off the bitter feelings of disappointment & resentment
Unfortunately experience has taught me (often the hard and expensive way) that creators’ marketing and words around their releases must be carefully scrutinised. Sometimes even deconstructing statements and seeking clarifications still doesn’t go far enough.

Fair to say I share your current distress but hopefully the breakdowns and arrangements will be clarified at some point by Lotrek
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

In reading Spectre's post on another thread, the rest of the Blue Damask will be sold shortly, so some may get a chance to get it. All I am going to say is that if the Red Damask has five foils on it, I am NOT unhappy with my purchase whether or not I can get my hands on a Blue version. I have the Mystery deck, which was purchased sight unseen. Glad I did.

Thanks to Spectre and others for keeping the rest of us informed on the Convention. I really appreciate you taking time to post photos and updates.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Spectre
Decks Owned: 3000

Unread post by Spectre »

The second deck threw me for a loop too. Luckily I was here to get mine.
He only brought a few decks with him. I think 24? The rest he will be for sale soon.
I’m sure Lotrek will announce soon.
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

I'm not at all upset by the design, it's like, incredibly good, from what I can see-- it looks like it's got some amazingly detailed foil work.

I need one of the blue ones. I do. Need.

Now.

GIVE. BLUE. CARD.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Come on, guys and gals, I'm not that nasty! First of all, I couldn't resist the temptation to print a few decks on blue stock with turquoise and black foil. Second, I thought that it would be cool to have something exclusive for the Convention and third, I only sold 16 blue decks here.
So, the rest 104 will be on sale PRIMARILY for those who got the red deck and it won't be a sale like the others. You'll be contacted by email and asked if you want to get a copy. Plus, your copy will have an optional hand written personal dedication on the inner side of the lid.

So, stop yelling at me. I love you all! :)

Damn, you collectors act like kids! :lol:
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I hope you had an amazing day. I got sent a few photos. The few I've seen of the actual deck - not on a projector - look :drool:

I know I lucked out getting this deck. So thanks for making the effort my Greek buddy *refrains from making a grandiose statement like "if I never get another Lotrek deck again ..."*
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Look, Lotrek, anyone that would tell you to keep their payment card on file and charge it whenever for whatever you make is, by definition, acting childish! “So what if my mortgage payment doesn’t go through, I’ll get all your decks.” Don’t expect so much from us folks that willingly spend $100 for a sight unseen deck. lol
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

Lotrek wrote:Come on, guys and gals, I'm not that nasty! First of all, I couldn't resist the temptation to print a few decks on blue stock with turquoise and black foil. Second, I thought that it would be cool to have something exclusive for the Convention and third, I only sold 16 blue decks here.
So, the rest 104 will be on sale PRIMARILY for those who got the red deck and it won't be a sale like the others. You'll be contacted by email and asked if you want to get a copy. Plus, your copy will have an optional hand written personal dedication on the inner side of the lid.

First off, I know, I know; what/how I write my posts could be interpreted as pesky whining not too unlike that of an entitled, petulant child as you so casually poke fun at, :roll: but I think you're sorta missing the point... :?

So, even though we weren't granted the same consideration, I still wanna level with you and give you the courtesy of being open, honest & transparent in taking the time to as thoroughly and accurately express my thoughts/feelings regarding this unexpected reveal and I will sincerely try my hardest to do so as fair and evenly as I would with any other designer/producer. If I didn't greatly respect and appreciate your craft and the valuable contributions you make to the community as a whole, I wouldn't even bother wasting the time & energy to do so; but, truth of the matter is that I really, really do and maybe it's even because I care too much, that your decision to not only go back on your word (which, is phrasing it nicely tbh) and produce such a variation - not to mention the scheming and deceitful manner in which it was done to ensure that you'd be able maintain the secrecy of this deck and to pull this stunt off - feels extra hurtful.

To me, at best, it feels like a cheap and tasteless sales tactic, and at worst, like a deep betrayal and breach of trust - especially considering the literal blinded faith we all entrusted to you, of which is the whole fundamental basis supporting the concept behind the "Mystery Deck" to even begin with. We had absolutely nothing but the confidence in the value of your word in pre-ordering this deck, and personally, with the admiration I have for what you do, it's greatly disappointing to feel that that's been so carelessly thrown aside for... what? to satisfy the need to make an even greater spectacle in the already highly anticipated reveal? to offer greater exclusivity to attendees of the convention? - as if not being there wasn't exclusionary enough as is for those that didn't have the same opportunity or means as those that were able to attend. or, dare I even suggest it, maybe for more avaricious intents?? I'll give the benefit of the doubt and believe that your decisions were made with the best intentions... but, unfortunately, it definitely has left me to be more wary in taking your word at face value... :(

Now, I completely understand the urge to want to offer something extra special for the convention, but did it really have to be in the form of a variation of the mystery deck?? a variation you assured everyone would never come to exist?? And, although I greatly appreciate the effort you're putting forth to make it available to those that originally pre-ordered the Mystery deck, as I've already stated, the availability or unavailability to purchase this 2nd deck is not the point at which my feelings of disappointment and resentment are rooted.

Aaaannnd, if that didn't hurt enough, it really kinda spoiled the long-awaited & highly anticipated reveal of the deck (which, as I haven't already mentioned before, I must admit is nothing short of stunning and I'm sure, like many of your decks to have come before, will be of paramount quality and beauty). But for me, it's quite a shame that this let down has somewhat overshadowed and distracts from being able to fully appreciate the exceptional work and obvious effort you've put in to achieve such exquisite results in this deck. :|

Now if you (or even anyone else) thinks I'm at all being overly harsh and/or unreasonably critical in regards to anything I've written, I'm more than open to discussion and will gladly put my own feelings into check if need be. :) Once again, Lotrek, I appreciate your craft and your contributions to the community - especially your engagement with all of us here at UC ;) - and don't intend for this posting to be perceived as savagely bitchy as it probably reads. Also, thanks for clarifying your plan for the remaining decks :)

ALSO: just wanna take a moment to give a super awesome S/O to Spectre for his diligent updating and awesome pics! You ROCK and have also officially earned a place among the MVPs of the UC community :D THANKS A MILLION! :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar:
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

PipChick wrote:
Lotrek wrote:Okay, I will reveal one thing about this deck that I believe it's fair for you to know: It's not a variant of existing decks and there will be no player's or error, trial, etc editions.

I'm sorry, but in hindsight, this just feels like a total slap in the face... especially considering that the whole point of pre-ordering a deck completely sight unseen with absolutely no details on concept is rooted in the utmost trust in a designer.

and the "Convention" Edition is in fact a variant of an existing deck - the Mystery Deck we all already pre-ordered... sooo.... ??

with all due respect, this really kinda sours the whole reveal for me... ugh - it's 3am here so I'm going to bed to try to sleep off the bitter feelings of disappointment & resentment
Really glad, and proud of myself, that I was convicted enough to not buy this deck. As you can see, he explicitly mentioned my variant comment. Having 2 colors just makes the deck less unique (as was with Arabesque Silver).

I'd rather see 500 produced of 1 deck than 250 of 2 decks. Partially because of exclusivity, and also because you'll likely see more market spread. With 2 colors, most collectors are going to be looking for at least 1 of each. That severely reduces the availability of the decks and also inflates aftermarket costs.

I'm disappointed in Lotrek's decision to mislead those who had blind faith in his Mystery Deck (again). I would rather he had not disclosed such information and kept it a "mystery". At least then you would be just as much in the dark as you would be pertaining to the rest of the details.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Now, children. Even I didn't know there was a variety until I got here, and I understand the angst of not knowing.

It's part of the mystery. How can he possibly keep this innovative deck creation up if we stifle his creative juices? Nobody intended to slight anyone. He was so proud of the moment in the sun.

It outsold the club deck and all the others combined, by the way. No minor task, but that's not the point.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Did I hear right that Lotrek made these with FIVE different foils?

Talk about his moment in the sun. You all would need sunglasses just to look at it.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

TwoPiece wrote:
PipChick wrote:

and the "Convention" Edition is in fact a variant of an existing deck - the Mystery Deck we all already pre-ordered... sooo.... ??

Really glad, and proud of myself, that I was convicted enough to not buy this deck. As you can see, he explicitly mentioned my variant comment. Having 2 colors just makes the deck less unique (as was with Arabesque Silver).

I'd rather see 500 produced of 1 deck than 250 of 2 decks. Partially because of exclusivity, and also because you'll likely see more market spread. With 2 colors, most collectors are going to be looking for at least 1 of each. That severely reduces the availability of the decks and also inflates aftermarket costs.

I'm disappointed in Lotrek's decision to mislead those who had blind faith in his Mystery Deck (again). I would rather he had not disclosed such information and kept it a "mystery". At least then you would be just as much in the dark as you would be pertaining to the rest of the details.
Well - here is my two cents worth. I am sort of taken aback by the reaction of the community here. I do not necessarily disagree with the sentiment given the assurances given but the connotation of the comments is way too negative. TwoPiece - I missed the boat with the Arabesque Gold deck (and had to get one on the secondary market to go with my Silver Arabesques) but the two Arabesque decks complement each other rather nicely and look stunning side by side.

I admit every so often I get confused by the number of editions and sub-editions of various decks (Grotesk/que is one example of those) but Lotrek is not the only one coming up with multi-edition decks (I may be thick but I am still trying to wrap my head around Alex Chin's Primaveras and Invernos). Lotrek is definitely getting better - two editions is nothing compared to the Icons and Grotesk series. I think we should all be cutting Lotrek a lot of slack if for no other reason that his work is nothing short of stunning. If all that happened was that he tried to come up with something unexpected for the convention and it is in his perfectionist nature to try and please people, having a blue deck is not ideal but definitely does not warrant all that negativity.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Okay, my turn.
I don't think there's a single person here that would dispute the beauty of Lotrek's decks. And from what I've read I don't think a single person here is upset that he created a new deck. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I don't even think a single person here cares that there's a second color to Damask. So the notion that anyone here is discouraging Lotrek's creative juices is nonsense. I think the main issue here is that Lotrek said POINT-BLANK (not using E-type cryptic writing with loop holes) that there would only be ONE edition of Damask. The fact of the matter is he lied- there are now (at least) two editions. It's that simple!
Furthermore, Amy even waited to cast judgement until she heard from Lotrek directly. His response did nothing to address the concern of two deck editions. Instead she's been called a kid and a child for bringing all this to our attention. C'mon guys- you're better than that. I do not own this deck so I don't have a horse in this race but I think people are just looking for Lotrek to fall on the sword here.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Sorry, my words "children" were not directed at anyone specific, more my dismay at the group.

Yes, 5, count them foils on the face cards: two toned gold giving the sheen or filigree texture plus blue or red depending on the stock, silver and the contrasting red or blue on the AoS.

Since he didn't post any pix, I will show another of my patented crappy phone shotz:
IMG_20181012_084408.jpg
The details are stunning "in person"! The aqua blue is very different. I don't even know exactly what to call it. luminescent turquoise? Actually the blue deck has two foils on the back, a black contrasting that gorgeous blue.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Magic Tapp

vasta41 wrote:Okay, my turn.
I don't think there's a single person here that would dispute the beauty of Lotrek's decks. And from what I've read I don't think a single person here is upset that he created a new deck. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I don't even think a single person here cares that there's a second color to Damask. So the notion that anyone here is discouraging Lotrek's creative juices is nonsense. I think the main issue here is that Lotrek said POINT-BLANK (not using E-type cryptic writing with loop holes) that there would only be ONE edition of Damask. The fact of the matter is he lied- there are now (at least) two editions. It's that simple!
Furthermore, Amy even waited to cast judgement until she heard from Lotrek directly. His response did nothing to address the concern of two deck editions. Instead she's been called a kid and a child for bringing all this to our attention. C'mon guys- you're better than that. I do not own this deck so I don't have a horse in this race but I think people are just looking for Lotrek to fall on the sword here.
I am not sure that I would say that noone here cares about the second colour here or that noone was upset about it. When people are using the words like "slap in the face" and so on (Amy, this is not directed at you - your posts are a joy to read and almost always make me chuckle), to me is says that people are disappointed.

I am also not sure why people are getting irritated about it so much - is it because the deck became somewhat less exclusive or is it because of the fact that Lotrek produced another version of his deck when he said he was not going to?

The way I look at it (and I agree with Brad here) is that I do not give two hoots about the exclusivity or resale value but if I can get my hands on two different versions of a Lotrek deck (that look like they have an intricate web of different foils), that is definitely a good thing in my book.
Magic Tapp

And one other thing - when Lotrek jokingly used the words "children", the way I read it is that he meant it in the most good-natured way possible and was not intending to belittle anyone here.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Magic Tapp wrote:I am not sure that I would say that noone here cares about the second colour here or that noone was upset about it. When people are using the words like "slap in the face" and so on (Amy, this is not directed at you - your posts are a joy to read and almost always make me chuckle), to me is says that people are disappointed.
I know people are disappointed. What I meant is if Lotrek said he was making two versions of the deck in the first place, no one would mind.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Magic Tapp wrote:And one other thing - when Lotrek jokingly used the words "children", the way I read it is that he meant it in the most good-natured way possible and was not intending to belittle anyone here.
I agree 100%. But I just think it was the wrong time to be "funny" as it seemed to just pour fuel on the fire.
Magic Tapp

vasta41 wrote:
Magic Tapp wrote:I am not sure that I would say that noone here cares about the second colour here or that noone was upset about it. When people are using the words like "slap in the face" and so on (Amy, this is not directed at you - your posts are a joy to read and almost always make me chuckle), to me is says that people are disappointed.
I know people are disappointed. What I meant is if Lotrek said he was making two versions of the deck in the first place, no one would mind.
Well, he did say that he could not resist the urge to produce a blue deck with matching foils - I would venture a guess that this is not something he envisaged at the outset...

C'mon people - let's just enjoy another beautiful deck (in whatever version it may come) and not get into the argument of who said what and when... Life is way too short for this...
Magistrate1500

Unread post by Magistrate1500 »

Lotrek wrote:Come on, guys and gals, I'm not that nasty! First of all, I couldn't resist the temptation to print a few decks on blue stock with turquoise and black foil. Second, I thought that it would be cool to have something exclusive for the Convention and third, I only sold 16 blue decks here.

See.......I’m glad I waited. Thank you! And I’ll be looking for my email. I.....want......blue!
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

Magic Tapp wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
Well, he did say that he could not resist the urge to produce a blue deck with matching foils - I would venture a guess that this is not something he envisaged at the outset...

C'mon people - let's just enjoy another beautiful deck (in whatever version it may come) and not get into the argument of who said what and when... Life is way too short for this...
But that's the issue; when you ONLY have someone's word to trust in (as is the case with these mystery deck), than I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to actually be worth something... especially considering the amount of literal blind trust he as a designer is asking of people in pre-ordering a product costing much more than the change in our pockets; that's not to say it's not worth every penny spent, but still... just hurts to feel lied to after all things considered... :cry: and to be blindsided by such a bold face lie on an occasion that I had really been excited and eagerly looking forward to... just such a letdown... :cry:
vasta41 wrote:
Magic Tapp wrote:And one other thing - when Lotrek jokingly used the words "children", the way I read it is that he meant it in the most good-natured way possible and was not intending to belittle anyone here.
I agree 100%. But I just think it was the wrong time to be "funny" as it seemed to just pour fuel on the fire.
Also, I'm not gunna get hung up about the 'kids/children' comments and I don't want anyone else to either; I think this is just a really bad case of misreading the room. Besides, over scrutinizing such name calling only serves to further belittle & minimize thoughts/feelings (even if intended to be made in jest) but more importantly, distracts from the main issue at hand which still has yet to be formally addressed...
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

TwoPiece wrote:proud of myself, that I was convicted enough to not buy this deck
Clearly it's not the case for you, but as long as I have an incredible piece of art in my collection, why would I care how many others do or if there are other colours of it? It's for my own benefit. Lotrek's decks may be quite exclusive, but that isn't even a part of the equation for me, just the craft of what he does.

I do understand the backlash about all this, and it may turn out to have been a mistake as this time it was actually said there wouldn't be any variations, but at the same time I'm completely used to it after going through Icons and Grotesque from the beginning. I know a lot of collectors are, but I'm not a completionist, I know I'll never have all of them (though I surely would like to!) and I'm fine with that as long as I have one of each series. I know that what I DO get will be great. As for the child/kids thing, I wouldn't call it belittling at all, I've seen it in too many shows, movies and books as a common turn of phrase, endearing even, to give it a second thought.

I think it was a mistake to promise no variations, and Lotrek should always give himself, and make it clear to us, an allowance of one variation at the least. It would be a shame to limit a piece of his work to just one variant, plus it often does give others a chance to buy into the series who may have missed out.
KT52

Unread post by KT52 »

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, might have missed it, but one more point to add to Vasta/Pipchick/ Twopiece is that as a collector there is a decision to be made when a deck is revealed. Had I known there was going to be one blue and one red, I would have tried to get 1 of each or 2 of each. Since I was lead to believe that there is only one, I ended up spending to get more of the "one and only Damask". This wouldn't really be an issue for normal decks, but these are decks with a hefty price tag. Since the money on the reds have already been spent, I'll have to figure out a way to move some money around for the blue one.
Is it a big deal? Not really. Can we all get along and admire the art? Of course! But I don't think we should just ignore this, because there's a lesson to be learned here. I believe Lotrek is a reasonable guy and care about his fans/ supporters so we would be doing a huge disservice by not offering our opinions when it comes to improving his art AND his reputation.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I didn't order one of these, but I have to say I 100% understand Amy's reaction here. Lotrek SHOULD have resisted the urge to create another version BECAUSE he said there'd only be one. It might not have been an intentional lie, but the outcome is basically the same, and I'll be wary to trust statements like these from Lotrek in the future if he'll just forget he said them. Creative juices needing to flow is not an excuse to go back on one's word (besides, how much creativity is spent on a color variant anyway?).
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
theCapraAegagrus

Magic Tapp wrote:
vasta41 wrote:Okay, my turn.
I am not sure that I would say that noone here cares about the second colour here or that noone was upset about it. When people are using the words like "slap in the face" and so on (Amy, this is not directed at you - your posts are a joy to read and almost always make me chuckle), to me is says that people are disappointed.

I am also not sure why people are getting irritated about it so much - is it because the deck became somewhat less exclusive or is it because of the fact that Lotrek produced another version of his deck when he said he was not going to?

The way I look at it (and I agree with Brad here) is that I do not give two hoots about the exclusivity or resale value but if I can get my hands on two different versions of a Lotrek deck (that look like they have an intricate web of different foils), that is definitely a good thing in my book.
This is pretty much it. I'm getting tired of searching for, buying, and collecting 10 editions of every playing card deck. I know that I don't have to, but I'm a complete-ist. When Lotrek said that there would be 0 variants (meaning only 1 original), I considered buying-in. I am very glad that I didn't, because now I'd have to shell out $500 for a recolor. It just isn't worth it, no matter how beautiful his decks are (that's undeniable).
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
theCapraAegagrus

Adonael wrote:
TwoPiece wrote:proud of myself, that I was convicted enough to not buy this deck
Clearly it's not the case for you, but as long as I have an incredible piece of art in my collection, why would I care how many others do or if there are other colours of it? It's for my own benefit. Lotrek's decks may be quite exclusive, but that isn't even a part of the equation for me, just the craft of what he does.

I do understand the backlash about all this, and it may turn out to have been a mistake as this time it was actually said there wouldn't be any variations, but at the same time I'm completely used to it after going through Icons and Grotesque from the beginning. I know a lot of collectors are, but I'm not a completionist, I know I'll never have all of them (though I surely would like to!) and I'm fine with that as long as I have one of each series. I know that what I DO get will be great. As for the child/kids thing, I wouldn't call it belittling at all, I've seen it in too many shows, movies and books as a common turn of phrase, endearing even, to give it a second thought.

I think it was a mistake to promise no variations, and Lotrek should always give himself, and make it clear to us, an allowance of one variation at the least. It would be a shame to limit a piece of his work to just one variant, plus it often does give others a chance to buy into the series who may have missed out.
As I just posted, I am a complete-ist. I'm not the type of guy that can just buy a Red or Gold deck of Rider Backs. I need the Blue and Silver decks, too. It's part of my OCD.

The problem for me is three-fold: Too many variants, lies, and aftermarket effects.

I agree with you that it was a mistake to claim there would be no variants if he has no conviction. That also bothers me. Lotrek has typically been a creator with phenomenal conviction (on a level with myself and Thanos). That comes into question, now, though.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Just to weigh in, I too am not happy with the fact that a second "Exclusive" convention edition was created.

As others have said we were all under the impression that there would only be 1 deck.

I too am a completion-ist, So will now have to hunt down & pay an additional fee for these blue versions on top of what I've already paid for the red version.

Luckily i only bought 2 of Mystery deck #2 but I have been known to go "all-in" with Lotrek's decks in the past. - I would've been really pissed had I bought 6-12 Red decks just to find out there was also a blue variant.

I would suggest that those who ordered 2 or more decks should receive a split between the 2 decks but this just isn't possible either.

BTW there's a blue version on Ebay now for $225 - https://tinyurl.com/y8hflm35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another reason why those who funded the deck should receive them first!
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I hope I get the email. I've missed other mass emails but feel like it will be associated with my Paypal email on DAMASK order.

Give me a lollipop too. :lol:
Move on, nothing to see here.
theCapraAegagrus

misterharmanko wrote: BTW there's a blue version on Ebay now for $225 - https://tinyurl.com/y8hflm35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another reason why those who funded the deck should receive them first!
Someone went to the convention, saw this "exclusive" deck, and bought one just to flip it.

Seriously? F^&* that person. Edit: F^&* you, "playingcards.net". I am never buying from you ever again.

A big thank you to those that attend the convention and buy decks for/sell to UC members (and/or other collectors). It's nice to have people there who are looking out for the community and true playing card collectors.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠