Tally-Ho Cardistry Con 2018

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
KT52

Re: Tally-Ho Cardistry Con 2018

Unread post by KT52 »

@irtjames14 thats what people have been saying. They sent me an invoice through paypal. I chatted with one of the workers there through facebook chat and they seem legit. Searched for the store on googlemaps and that part checks out. I told him that I have family in Taiwan so I might visit HK sometime. He responded by saying that they will be in Taiwan March of 2019 for a convention. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
willroya
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by willroya »

I should have some for sale,thinking about making this a pip box selection for Oct if they arrive in time.
http://www.PlayingCardDecks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stores.ebay.com/Playing-Card-Decks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.instagram.com/playingcarddecks_com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/playingcarddecks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

KT52 wrote:@irtjames14 thats what people have been saying. They sent me an invoice through paypal. I chatted with one of the workers there through facebook chat and they seem legit. Searched for the store on googlemaps and that part checks out. I told him that I have family in Taiwan so I might visit HK sometime. He responded by saying that they will be in Taiwan March of 2019 for a convention. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. How long did they take to send you the invoice?
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
KT52

Unread post by KT52 »

irtjames14 wrote:
KT52 wrote:@irtjames14 thats what people have been saying. They sent me an invoice through paypal. I chatted with one of the workers there through facebook chat and they seem legit. Searched for the store on googlemaps and that part checks out. I told him that I have family in Taiwan so I might visit HK sometime. He responded by saying that they will be in Taiwan March of 2019 for a convention. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
I was chatting with the guy on Facebook and he sent it to me as we were talking. He is pretty responsive if you want to try talking to him.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Magic Square is legit. They are producers of Silver Sackbutt and co-produced The Bicycle Constellation 12 Deck series with Bocopo. ;)

I have been to their shop in HK and it is very typical of HK shops...very small, but packed full of goodies. They don’t open until late in the afternoon, around 4pm.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
irtjames14
White Whale: NPCCD 2016-2017 sets
Decks Owned: 1584

Unread post by irtjames14 »

KT52 wrote:
irtjames14 wrote:
I was chatting with the guy on Facebook and he sent it to me as we were talking. He is pretty responsive if you want to try talking to him.
Yeah, turns out they were pretty quick. They sent me an invoice a few hours after I ordered. So it's all good!
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/13105

IG: @cardcollector_100
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I got my deck yesterday. It doesn't have a seal, 2 jokers, ad card with barcodes on it and a double backer card. I'm still a novice fanner so even I can do with both hands.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Joeker

Unread post by Joeker »

irtjames14 wrote:
KT52 wrote:
irtjames14 wrote:
Yeah, turns out they were pretty quick. They sent me an invoice a few hours after I ordered. So it's all good!
I received an email stating that my order for 3 decks has been shipped, they sent a tracking number.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I ordered these from Magic Square through the email listed on their instagram a week ago, and they arrived today. In Norway. From Hong Kong. That is some damn good shipping in my book :shock: Very well packaged, and the cards themselves are great!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

That's amazing, especially since I ordered mine from USPCC/Bicycle and the earliest expected date of delivery is tomorrow.

To those of you who PM'd me, I'm still waiting on the cards.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I received mine several days ago. They are nice.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
KT52

Unread post by KT52 »

MagikFingerz wrote:I ordered these from Magic Square through the email listed on their instagram a week ago, and they arrived today. In Norway. From Hong Kong. That is some damn good shipping in my book :shock: Very well packaged, and the cards themselves are great!
Haven't gotten mine yet. Ordered it 9/28.. but the tracking still says it's in Hong Kong.. do you know if the tracking was working for you?
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

KT52 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:I ordered these from Magic Square through the email listed on their instagram a week ago, and they arrived today. In Norway. From Hong Kong. That is some damn good shipping in my book :shock: Very well packaged, and the cards themselves are great!
Haven't gotten mine yet. Ordered it 9/28.. but the tracking still says it's in Hong Kong.. do you know if the tracking was working for you?
That was the case for me, too, for a while, and just last night, the tracking updated to say that the decks were in San Francisco. So, they're still on their way. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I can't say enough how happy I am with these cards. Looking at them now, I can't believe it took this long for someone to go full bleed with the classic back design, and the bold colors are perfect for cardistry. I would say these are my second favorite Tally Ho's of all time, only behind the Baby Blue Maeda Tally Ho. If it's really true that these were printed in any actual limited numbers, these will be highly sought after, so I expect to see full bleed re-colors in the future.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I don't mind seeing custom recolored decks either. It has to be a good combination.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

For those of you that PM'd me, I have the cards now.

I'm trying to to limit them to my costs, but if you are in the U.S. it looks like I should be able to get them to you for $12 shipped. They charged me $9 for shipping, and I'm estimating that it'll cost me about $5 per deck to ship domestically first class/priority (this includes a good bubble envelope/packing materials). I'm not a big reseller or fulfillment house, so I pay regular retail for shipping, unfortunately. If you're still interested please PM again. I have enough decks to cover 1 each of the people who PM'd, and I think there were three other posters in this thread that wanted one too, if you haven't sourced them shoot me a PM.

If you're overseas, I'll have to calculate what it's going to cost for shipping, also you might have to let me known what I will need for customs declaration. I looked at shipping a deck to MagikFingerz once and it was going to cost something like $15 for one deck.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

willroya wrote:I should have some for sale,thinking about making this a pip box selection for Oct if they arrive in time.
It's already sold out at the PCD site!
alric

Unread post by alric »

I think this was one of the most anticipated decks for me. From the day I placed my order (and damnit, I didn't get enough), I was checking the tracking on a daily basis. I know most here aren't going to agree, but for me, this deck is in the running for the Best Deck of the year, Best Cardistry deck, and Best Fanning deck - that's how much I love these. I want to see a Fan Back version, re-colors, I'd get them all. The only criticism I have is that I wished the tucks were more blinged out, at least matte stock with embossing. This is the anti-T11 deck - kind of pedestrian tuck but the cards exceed expectations. But at less than $7 per deck shipped, I appreciate that the simplicity of the tuck contributed to the very reasonable price, and at the end of the day I play with the cards, not the tuck box.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I'd love a version that didn't say "Cardistry Con" - I wasn't there! :lol:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Now available at JPGames Ldt if someone still looking for that Tally's :)
https://jpgamesltd.co.uk/TallyHo-Playin ... ryCon-2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I take a deep dive into everything Tally-Ho in cluding the Cardistry-Con 2018 deck, featuring 3 deck reviews and a massive giveaway! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq8rAegNux0&t=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

rousselle wrote:
KT52 wrote:
That was the case for me, too, for a while, and just last night, the tracking updated to say that the decks were in San Francisco. So, they're still on their way. :)
Follow up: received mine a couple days ago, and they are totally awesome.
This space intentionally left blank.
gacktvam
White Whale: PIXEL LINCOLN [BICYCLE]
Decks Owned: 1800

Unread post by gacktvam »

Azid wrote:Now available at JPGames Ldt if someone still looking for that Tally's :)
https://jpgamesltd.co.uk/TallyHo-Playin ... ryCon-2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Azid, just grabbed half brick from JP!