Uline box for decks

Anything and everything playing cards!
Ace

Uline box for decks

Unread post by Ace »

Like to know if anyone has used these boxes to store their decks? Looking to store some duplicates. Or anyone can recommend some suitable boxes for storage.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S- ... re-Mailers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theCapraAegagrus

Re: Uline box for decks

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Ace wrote:Like to know if anyone has used these boxes to store their decks? Looking to store some duplicates. Or anyone can recommend some suitable boxes for storage.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S- ... re-Mailers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..
I wouldn't suggest it. Magic/Pokemon cards are stored in these boxes, and playing cards are of the same size, so with tuck boxes they would be squeezed in causing potential damage.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Ace

Unread post by Ace »

Thanks for that info. Any suggestions on storing sealed decks?
theCapraAegagrus

Ace wrote:Thanks for that info. Any suggestions on storing sealed decks?
I personally prefer custom brick boxes. I have 2 from Ellusionist that hold 15 decks each (and they have nice artwork), 3 from Kings Wild that hold 11 each, and some from CARC that hold 11 each. I know that it's not preferred, but I store them in bookshelf fashion, where I can read the sides of all decks as opposed to seeing only 3 of the decks if they were laid on their backs.

The most expensive method is Carat Card Cases. I only have 7 (all for single decks), in which I have Lotrek's 6 'Signature' decks, and the Tendril Ascendant Special Edition.

Most of my decks are stored in these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pack-of-6-NEW- ... XQBg5Rvd4~

They're relatively cheap and you can write on them what you have stored (i.e. I don't have any Theory 11 brick boxes so I have 3 of these labelled "Theory 11"). I think it's unreasonable to expect that you can display your entire collection, unless it's very small (think < 100 decks). These boxes are probably the best method of storing decks that may be opened later, may be resold later, or for whatever reason they just don't need to be displayed.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Ace

Unread post by Ace »

Thanks for that suggestion. I got a pack of them, looks like they will work out.
Oscar53955
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

My temporary storage solution (for a part of my collection that I don't currently keep in any special display or shelf) are these small stackable drawers from The Container store

https://www.containerstore.com/category ... d=10008469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Each one is $8 and comfortably stores 36 normal sized decks (not thick decks like Lotrek's) if you arrange the decks in 2 columns of 18 decks with the sides of the deck pointing up (as shown in the first picture below). What I mean by comfortably is they are not so tight that you cannot easily stick your finger in between any 2 decks. It can actually store more than 36 if you place decks on top of the 2 columns (as shown in the second picture), but that doesn't look as neat and tidy.
IMG-0132.JPG
IMG-0133.JPG
theCapraAegagrus

Oscar53955 wrote:My temporary storage solution (for a part of my collection that I don't currently keep in any special display or shelf) are these small stackable drawers from The Container store

https://www.containerstore.com/category ... d=10008469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..

Each one is $8 and comfortably stores 36 normal sized decks (not thick decks like Lotrek's) if you arrange the decks in 2 columns of 18 decks with the sides of the deck pointing up (as shown in the first picture below). What I mean by comfortably is they are not so tight that you cannot easily stick your finger in between any 2 decks. It can actually store more than 36 if you place decks on top of the 2 columns (as shown in the second picture), but that doesn't look as neat and tidy.
IMG-0132.JPG
IMG-0133.JPG
Those Lotrek decks and Gold Monarchs... :drool: :drool:

These aren't a bad idea. Personally, I like them to be 'snug' in boxes that keep them square/lined-up at the ends. It sounds like you keep them a little 'loose' so that pressure doesn't cause any damage to tuck corners, etc. I wouldn't vote against these containers, but it isn't my cup o' tea.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Oscar53955

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
Oscar53955 wrote:My temporary storage solution (for a part of my collection that I don't currently keep in any special display or shelf) are these small stackable drawers from The Container store

https://www.containerstore.com/category ... d=10008469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;...

IMG-0132.JPG
IMG-0133.JPG

These aren't a bad idea. Personally, I like them to be 'snug' in boxes that keep them square/lined-up at the ends. It sounds like you keep them a little 'loose' so that pressure doesn't cause any damage to tuck corners, etc. I wouldn't vote against these containers, but it isn't my cup o' tea.
I feel ya, Twopiece

I do have a brick box laying around and one of those wooden theory11 tabletop displays (https://store.theory11.com/products/deck-display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) filled with decks, but I like the fact that these stackable drawers can store a good amount of decks while being inexpensive. What I really want as a long term storage solution is this flat file cabinet viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10919" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It stores hundreds of decks and looks beautiful. I will get one of these some day in the near future. Hopefully they don't become unavailable by then
theCapraAegagrus

Oscar53955 wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:

https://www.containerstore.com/category ... d=10008469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;....

IMG-0132.JPG
IMG-0133.JPG

I feel ya, Twopiece

I do have a brick box laying around and one of those wooden theory11 tabletop displays (https://store.theory11.com/products/deck-display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) filled with decks, but I like the fact that these stackable drawers can store a good amount of decks while being inexpensive. What I really want as a long term storage solution is this flat file cabinet viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10919" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It stores hundreds of decks and looks beautiful. I will get one of these some day in the near future. Hopefully they don't become unavailable by then
We are in 100% agreement! After I saw that a couple months ago, despite its cost, I still want one (or more).
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I actually use these and they are fine in my experience. The boxes have plenty of space to 'breathe' on the inside so tuck boxes are not compressed.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Ace

Unread post by Ace »

I got the boxes suggested by twopiece and similar cardboard ones from Amazon.

The Amazon ones came in a pack of 3 and they were taped together which I did not like. There were also various stickers on them. They were sturdy and can fit about 19-20 decks side by side but need some room to grab a deck as the box doesn't flex but are stackable. One the boxes did not hold properly and kept falling apart.

The ones from eBay were smaller and thin. Hold about 11 decks side by side. Being thin makes it easy to flex the box to grab a deck but not stackable as decks would get crushed with the flimsy top. You can fit 12 decks stacked on top but that is not my preference.

Neither of them are perfect but I am keeping the eBay ones as they are easier to manage and keeps shape better. I ordered the Uline ones will post once I get them.

Pictures below, first one are the Amazon ones and second post are eBay ones.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Ace

Unread post by Ace »

eBay boxes
Attachments
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Ace

Unread post by Ace »

I got the Uline boxes and are identical to the Amazon cardboard ones but without the tape and stickers all over. I am now using the Uline ones as primary and leave one deck gap to be able to shift them around and they are not wedged tight.

If anyone wants the ebay boxes Ill send them to you (US addresses) pm me.
CupcakeBaron

Unread post by CupcakeBaron »

I was on the hunt for the perfect box a while back and couldn't settle on anything so I just went ahead and made my own boxes rofl. Funny story actually... I had the idea and when I set my mind on doing something I want to get it done ASAP so I grabbed 16 decks and ran over to Hobby Lobby for supplies then completely constructed my original box from start to finish right there in the parking lot :lol:

Calypso

Unread post by Calypso »

If you have a lot of decks, or want a lot of space to hold decks, bcwsupplies has a great box. Holds 100+ decks, 200 lb. test with a strong lid. Picture below. Of note, it weighs between 50 and 60 lbs. when full.

ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

I use this:

https://www.target.com/p/iris-weatherti ... A-51956595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this:

https://www.target.com/p/ziploc-26-5-an ... A-15835965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The major downside is that they hold quite a few decks, so it gets REALLY heavy to move around. But, keep some desiccant packs in it and keep it someplace away from natural sunlight (to avoid UV degradation of the cellophane) and they'll be well protected. I have an old wooden trunk that I keep these in in my game room.