Fontaine Card x Guess

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
anwar

Fontaine Card x Guess

Unread post by anwar »

New collab with Guess:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfHQcyF-bL ... card_watch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theCapraAegagrus

Re: Fontaine Card x Guess

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

NO, thanks.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Oscar53955
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

That could possibly be the ugliest tuck box I have ever seen.

Is that Guess the fashion/clothing company? I used to wear a lot of their clothes and had some of their fragrances. Yet I've always only seen their iconic triangle logo, none of these colorful letters on the tuck. Definite pass. Then again, I pass on every deck of Fontaines;No value to me as a collector.
anwar

Unread post by anwar »

Yes, that’s the clothing company.

There will be a ‘special’ Guess event with some vendors and Fontaine cards is one of them.

This event is called the Farmer market and the style of the tuck box is apparently an overall theme of this event
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
CupcakeBaron

Unread post by CupcakeBaron »

I wasn't even aware that Guess was still around rofl.
Ace

Unread post by Ace »

CupcakeBaron wrote:I wasn't even aware that Guess was still around rofl.
Me too! They used to be highly regarded back in the day.
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

Fontaine Guess & Fontaine Wine will be available on Sept.12th, 2:00 PM PST
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXcD0qnzTe ... tainecards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leo_100
White Whale: Jerry-s Nugget
Decks Owned: 360

Re: Fontaine Card x Guess (wap)

Unread post by Leo_100 »

I wasnt able to get these, can someone sell me a pair?
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Fontaine Card x Guess (wap)

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Leo_100 wrote:I wasnt able to get these, can someone sell me a pair?
Don't do that to yourself.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Wow. They are ALL gone. I guess I will never see them again....yep. Never. :ugthink:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Bradius wrote:Wow. They are ALL gone. I guess I will never see them again....yep. Never. :ugthink:
Nope, not at the launch price at least! :uggrin: Read that Guess sold out 2.5k in 5 min and Wine 5k in 15 min. Now being sold at 2x the price already.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

It is absolutely astounding to me that all they need to do is pick a new color to put their logo on and they sell thousands of decks in minutes :O
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

The HYPE is strong! There were definitely less than 2,500 (Guess) and 5,000 (Wine) as a bunch were sold at the Farmers Market event they held and Zach definitely has his private stock. Still, pretty amazing how fast they sell...he sure does have his following!
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

I find the level of audacious @ssholery astounding in the fact that even well before the launch, people were posting on Reddit to speculate how much more they can resell these decks for; almost as if they take pride in being able to grossly rip people off to make a profit... ugh, it's pretty disgusting.

Personally, I can confidently say that I would NEVER buy this deck even if it was as low as 3 bucks and am still bewildered at the apparent mass appeal for even spending $15-20 to own it... I guess I just don't get it...

-
-
-

EDIT: prime example right here; this ebay listing was posted only HOURS after the release and the seller is already asking nearly 4x (!!!) the original price they paid!!! They don't even have the their decks delivered yet and are still out here trying to flip their order! despicable! :x

or here's another one; this one only has a screenshot of their order showing the original purchase total was $35.60 for 2 decks, and yet, the seller is asking $150!!! Have these people no sense of shame?!

And there's about 2 dozen more listings exactly like this and all posted on the same day of release, some only minutes after selling out & listed as "pre-order" since they haven't even been packaged to be shipped to the original buyer before being dumped on ebay to be sold off again!... absolutely revolting; it turns my stomach that people can be so blatantly unscrupulous & money-hungry [BACON]

I guess at least most offer free shipping... :roll:
theCapraAegagrus

PipChick wrote:I find the level of audacious @ssholery astounding in the fact that even well before the launch, people were posting on Reddit to speculate how much more they can resell these decks for; almost as if they take pride in being able to grossly rip people off to make a profit... ugh, it's pretty disgusting.

Personally, I can confidently say that I would NEVER buy this deck even if it was as low as 3 bucks and am still bewildered at the apparent mass appeal for even spending $15-20 to own it... I guess I just don't get it...

-
-
-

EDIT: prime example right here; this ebay listing was posted only HOURS after the release and the seller is already asking nearly 4x (!!!) the original price they paid!!! They don't even have the their decks delivered yet and are still out here trying to flip their order! despicable! :x

or here's another one; this one only has a screenshot of their order showing the original purchase total was $35.60 for 2 decks, and yet, the seller is asking $150!!! Have these people no sense of shame?!

And there's about 2 dozen more listings exactly like this and all posted on the same day of release, some only minutes after selling out & listed as "pre-order" since they haven't even been packaged to be shipped to the original buyer before being dumped on ebay to be sold off again!... absolutely revolting; it turns my stomach that people can be so blatantly unscrupulous & money-hungry [BACON]

I guess at least most offer free shipping... :roll:
I'll never own a Fontaine deck because they're hideous. If I wanted to own a million colors of 1 design I would just go for Bicycle Rider Backs.

Your rant is spot-on.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

PipChick wrote:prime example right here; this ebay listing was posted only HOURS after the release and the seller is already asking nearly 4x (!!!) the original price they paid!!! They don't even have the their decks delivered yet and are still out here trying to flip their order! despicable! :x

I had no idea eBay even allowed preorders. Apparently the policy was designed with consumer tech in mind: cell phones, video games, that kind of thing. There is a ban on preorders that can't be fulfilled within 30 days of completed purchase, so if any of these listers get a hiccup in their... ahem... "supply chain" :roll: ... I think they're hosed.

What a shame it would be if USPS lost their packages. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
theCapraAegagrus

Merlebird wrote:
PipChick wrote:prime example right here; this ebay listing was posted only HOURS after the release and the seller is already asking nearly 4x (!!!) the original price they paid!!! They don't even have the their decks delivered yet and are still out here trying to flip their order! despicable! :x

I had no idea eBay even allowed preorders. Apparently the policy was designed with consumer tech in mind: cell phones, video games, that kind of thing. There is a ban on preorders that can't be fulfilled within 30 days of completed purchase, so if any of these listers get a hiccup in their... ahem... "supply chain" :roll: ... I think they're hosed.

What a shame it would be if USPS lost their packages. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
:lol: :lol:

I knew that pre-orders were allowed because of Magic cards. There's always people pre-selling (even auctions) sealed products and booster boxes weeks in advance of release.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

Wow, I didn't realize eBay had that policy.

I pre-order things for tabletop games: X-Wing/Warhammer typically a month or months in advance of release through wholesalers who sell through eBay. Then again, I'm not sure that eBay was meant for wholesalers, either. I've never personally had an issue with it-- always get my stuff. Sometimes it's a life-saver because I'll get it before my FLGS does, and that's saved my butt a few times being able to have something that just released available to field at a tournament.

I think Fontaines would be a decent deck for like < $10. The release price is pretty high ($15? For that?). I get it, though, Zach's got a YouTube following and is plugged by a lot of other social media influencers.

Are they still printed by MPC? Or, do they go USPCC since they are doing bigger print runs, now?
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

ICantShuffle wrote:Are they still printed by MPC? Or, do they go USPCC since they are doing bigger print runs, now?
At the very least their website says the Wines are USPCC. PlayingCardDecks.com also says the Chinatowns are USPCC as well
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

ICantShuffle wrote: Are they still printed by MPC? Or, do they go USPCC since they are doing bigger print runs, now?
I belive that all fontaine editions were printed by USPCC, never heard of any printed by MPC, but I only have the red edition, so I could have missed something...
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

All Fontaines are printed by USPCC

ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

Hmm... I must be mistaken, I thought the first run was printed by MPC. I learned something new today.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

The Red Fontaine was an Indiegogo campaign and not KS (next two were, blue and black)...maybe that is why you thought it was MPC since Indiegogo is to crowdfunding as MPC is to Playing Cards :lol: