PRICE CHECK ON RARE DECKS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
nur1988

PRICE CHECK ON RARE DECKS

Unread post by nur1988 »

Hi,

I was wondering if you lot can help me out a little. I have a list of some decks and wondered if anyone knew of the rairities (if any) or a price estimate on the following cards :-

Red Artifice
Green Crown V1
Fultons Clip Joint with custom seal
Fulton's Game of Death yellow deck
If An Octopus Could Palm
Brown Wynn
V3 Smoke
Expert at the card table
Deck One V1
Massa Deck
Magic Con V1
Black Raider deck

Thank you for looking and hope to hear from some of you lot :)
Russell

Re: PRICE CHECK ON RARE DECKS

Unread post by Russell »

I found this great website that has most of the current selling prices for most of the cards you listed.

http://bit.ly/Vnl3dW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I use it all the time, it stays pretty current also.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Russell wrote:I found this great website that has most of the current selling prices for most of the cards you listed.

http://bit.ly/Vnl3dW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HAHAHAH nice
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Wildereachday

Unread post by Wildereachday »

Here's what I would price them at:

Red Artifice - $40-50
Green Crown V1 - $5-7
Fultons Clip Joint with custom seal - unsure
Fulton's Game of Death yellow deck - $20-30
If An Octopus Could Palm - $40-55
Brown Wynn - $30-40
V3 Smoke - $30-40
Expert at the card table - V1 (w/ back design on box) $5-10, v2 $7-15. V2s handled night and day better than v1s
Deck One V1 - $8-15
Massa Deck - $1-3
Magic Con V1 - $25
Black Raider deck - $5-8

Anyone disagree?
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

Russell wrote:I found this great website that has most of the current selling prices for most of the cards you listed.

http://bit.ly/Vnl3dW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lol ebay isn't really the best source for me, i'm looking to sell decks without ebay and paypal fees being taken off lol
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

nur1988 wrote:

http://bit.ly/Vnl3dW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

lol ebay isn't really the best source for me, i'm looking to sell decks without ebay and paypal fees being taken off lol

Of course it does. It shows you what they are going for inclusive of fees. But I guess that was the real purpose of your post.... to hope people would want to buy them from you.

Thanks!
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

nur1988 wrote:I have some decks and wondered if anyone knew a price estimate on the following cards
... you can do some research yourself and find out what they are going for.

Seriously, if you want to know the current 'value' of something, go to eBay.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Wildereachday wrote:Here's what I would price them at:

Red Artifice - $40-50
Green Crown V1 - $5-7
Fultons Clip Joint with custom seal - unsure
Fulton's Game of Death yellow deck - $20-30
If An Octopus Could Palm - $40-55
Brown Wynn - $30-40
V3 Smoke - $30-40
Expert at the card table - V1 (w/ back design on box) $5-10, v2 $7-15. V2s handled night and day better than v1s
Deck One V1 - $8-15
Massa Deck - $1-3
Magic Con V1 - $25
Black Raider deck - $5-8

Anyone disagree?
I disagree about the EATCTs.
I do not believe a V2 deck's handling would necessarily make it worth more than the V1. Except perhaps to the individual.
Cheapest EATCT V1 I can find on Ebay right now is almost $35.
No matter where you go... there you are :|
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

BMPokerworld wrote:
nur1988 wrote:

http://bit.ly/Vnl3dW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..

Of course it does. It shows you want they are going for inclusive of fees. But I guess that was the real purpose of your post.... to hope people would want to buy them from you.

Thanks!
Then how come you don't do ALL you're selling on eBay? why do you have to have a separate website for your goods? yes, I'm looking for prices to make a few quid, but I don't have all them decks listed .. If you're looking for an argument, I suggest you start it somewhere else.

Thanks!!
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

Russell wrote:
nur1988 wrote:I have some decks and wondered if anyone knew a price estimate on the following cards
... you can do some research yourself and find out what they are going for.

Seriously, if you want to know the current 'value' of something, go to eBay.
I have been to ebay, and I have done research, I wanted the view of card collectors, not some silly child trying to purchase a deck of cards online for stupid amount just to say its cool. I thought this forum was to help and guide people?!
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

I'm not trying to be an ass.

What do collectors spend? Believe it or not, eBay is a great place to find out! also, you can check our Sales threads right here on this site. http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewforum.php?f=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would a 'collector' buy something for $10 more from you than an eBay listing? They wouldn't, they would buy it on eBay.
The same works the opposite way... if you under-price YOU are losing out.

ebay =/= little kids bidding.
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

Russell wrote:I'm not trying to be an ass.

What do collectors spend? Believe it or not, eBay is a great place to find out! also, you can check our Sales threads right here on this site. http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewforum.php?f=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Would a 'collector' buy something for $10 more from you than an eBay listing? They wouldn't, they would buy it on eBay.

I'm not saying your being an ass. Let me give you an example, someone on here is selling a black crown for $19 (which is about £11) .. I go on ebay and someone is selling for £28 (about $45)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that's a massive difference
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

and again, the decks I've listed, I have 3 of them, the rest I was curious to know about .. If this bothers you, then I'll delete this post, by all means, you're more than welcome too
BMPokerworld

nur1988 wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:
nur1988 wrote:

http://bit.ly/Vnl3dW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;...

Of course it does. It shows you want they are going for inclusive of fees. But I guess that was the real purpose of your post.... to hope people would want to buy them from you.

Thanks!
Then how come you don't do ALL you're selling on eBay? why do you have to have a separate website for your goods? yes, I'm looking for prices to make a few quid, but I don't have all them decks listed .. If you're looking for an argument, I suggest you start it somewhere else.

Thanks!!
Nobody is looking for an argument. If you bought them already, then you should know what they are going for. Most of the decks on your list are not that old. Russell is right, ebay is an excellent place to start. But I am sure that wasn't the real purpose anyway. You were looking for buyers. Next time just post in the for sale section and ask what you think they are worth. If the price is too high, the "collectors" will let you know.

Thanks!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

nur1988 wrote:

What do collectors spend? Believe it or not, eBay is a great place to find out! also, you can check our Sales threads right here on this site. http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewforum.php?f=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..

I'm not saying your being an ass. Let me give you an example, someone on here is selling a black crown for $19 (which is about £11) .. I go on ebay and someone is selling for £28 (about $45)

Don't look at what people are selling them for, look at completed listings which is what people buy them for. Then you can compare the ones you find, eliminate anomalies that stand out (purchases by kids with fat wallets) and calculate the average from that.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

but I'm not selling all of those decks, so why would I post them in the sale section? :? the ones I am, I apologise for because I shouldn't have posted them, but the others I'm not selling

thanks!
BMPokerworld

nur1988 wrote:but I'm not selling all of those decks, so why would I post them in the sale section? :? the ones I am, I apologise for because I shouldn't have posted them, but the others I'm not selling

thanks!

Great!!! Well now you learned something. You learned that ebay is the best place to get a range for the value of your decks. So next time you know. We are very glad we could help.

Thanks!
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

MagikFingerz wrote:
nur1988 wrote:

What do collectors spend? Believe it or not, eBay is a great place to find out! also, you can check our Sales threads right here on this site. http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewforum.php?f=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;....

Don't look at what people are selling them for, look at completed listings which is what people buy them for. Then you can compare the ones you find, eliminate anomalies that stand out (purchases by kids with fat wallets) and calculate the average from that.
Thank you
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

BMPokerworld wrote:
nur1988 wrote:but I'm not selling all of those decks, so why would I post them in the sale section? :? the ones I am, I apologise for because I shouldn't have posted them, but the others I'm not selling

thanks!

Great!!! Well now you learned something. You learned that ebay is the best place to get a range for the value of your decks. So next time you know. We are very glad we could help.

Thanks!
I learned that all you do is assume stuff. Duno why you're saying WE, you didn't help one bit.

Thanks!
BMPokerworld

nur1988 wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:

thanks!

Thanks!
I learned that all you do is assume stuff. Duno why you're saying WE, you didn't help one bit.

Thanks!
So did we!!! That your too God damn lazy to check your own prices and all you were hoping for was for people to buy Your cards.

Thanks!
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

BMPokerworld wrote:
nur1988 wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:

thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!
So did we!!! That your too God damn lazy to check your own prices and all you were hoping for was for people to buy Your cards.

Thanks!

LOL it's pretty clear you can't read - you can carry on if you wish if it makes you feel good and like a big man lol

Thanks!
BMPokerworld

Just calling them like I see them, is all.

Thanks!
admin_noreply
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by admin_noreply »

...and locked. You asked this same question; with the same answers on Aether. The thread got a little out of hand from all parties.

We understand you just would like to know what the average person on these boards would pay for a certain deck. Those prices fluctuate constantly, no one can give you an accurate answer. This is why some members offered you to look at the sold items on eBay. The prices for a Red Artifice have fluctuated about $20 in the past month. eBay is not the definitive answer, but it does give you an accurate starting point to finding out what they are currently selling for.

Again, we welcome you on the board here! Stick around, you'll see that many of our members are great at answering questions about our hobby. On the board we have over a dozen deck 'designers' who have actually have cards printed by USPCC and nearly as many 'sellers' who are great at knowing the ins and outs of what decks are going for and where to find them.

I hope this clears everything up!

EDIT BY CBJ

This is the best way...

1- go to ebay and search for the deck
2- when the list generates, click on "advanced" (next to the search button)
3- checkmark completed listings, then click the blue "search" button
4- on the new list red=not sold : green=sold

Now you will know what people are willing to pay for these decks.

CBJ