A question for the legends 1st edition deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
hystericalguy

Re: NEW DECK- Legends Deck

Unread post by hystericalguy »

I also placed an order :D
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Excellent prices, especially at higher quantities.
And funny thing... my order # matches the area code of where I live.
Nice ;)
No matter where you go... there you are :|
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

It seems the only way to order these is with the Coterie Bee deck. I already ordered the Coterie Bees and only want the Legends decks, but I'm unable to order because it says these Legends only sets are out of stock.......
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

alric wrote:It seems the only way to order these is with the Coterie Bee deck. I already ordered the Coterie Bees and only want the Legends decks, but I'm unable to order because it says these Legends only sets are out of stock.......
Not so. They offer both options. There are 3 Legend colors. Whatever number you buy, the colors are evenly distributed. So - buy 3, get 1 of each / buy 12, get 4 of each.
Price includes international shipping, How can you pass this up? ...hmm...I should work for them... ;)

Here's the link to the Legends by themselves:http://coterie1902.com/products/playing ... e-sullivan
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

They're already sold out.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I guess everyone realized how awesome a deal it was.
Sorry.
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

I got the set of 4
10-4 over and out
alric

Unread post by alric »

They're still available if yoou buy them with the Coterie Bees, though......
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

Do you guys realize you paid the USPCC cards price for "Made in Taiwan" cards ?

I know I'm gonna get flamed but I just want to understand.
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
Josh

Unread post by Josh »

im guessing that some of us are hoping that this could lead to competition instead of the monopoly that the uspcc has right now.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

PlayingCardz wrote:Do you guys realize you paid the USPCC cards price for "Made in Taiwan" cards ?

The Myth/moth decks as well as a few others are printed in Taiwan, and they are of great quality. To use an example from philosphy: Just because all swans you have ever seen are white, doesn't mean all swans in the world are white.
- Tom

Check out my collection

badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

i agree Magik totally. I have all of the Mysdirection decks and other Asian decks and the quality is equal to most USPCC decks. Some people need to broaden their horizons I think but to each his own I guess
Naxx

Unread post by Naxx »

PlayingCardz wrote:Do you guys realize you paid the USPCC cards price for "Made in Taiwan" cards ?

The sky is not round just because you see it under a well :roll:
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

I don't think the MSM decks are quite as a good as USPC decks but they are still pretty good. Also the Pr1me decks from Italy are really nice and the Galaxy cards are made in India and I think they handle very well.
danktrees

Unread post by danktrees »

How so? international shipping for 2 bricks is at least 40 which puts the cost of 2 bricks at around 100. I don't see uspc cards with that much work selling for 4 bucks a deck. I know the pips are standard but the backs and the tuck alone would push that deck over 4 per deck if printed by uspc. and the prices are consistent, 3 decks are 25 around 9-10 goes to shipping which makes 3 decks cost around 5 bucks.

I realize that being in the states, you might not be used to paying these shipping prices but it is something that everyone else will have experienced and these decks are definitely cheaper than any uspc deck that I've seen..minus normal stuff like standard bikes etc.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

danktrees wrote:

How so? international shipping for 2 bricks is at least 40 which puts the cost of 2 bricks at around 100. I don't see uspc cards with that much work selling for 4 bucks a deck. I know the pips are standard but the backs and the tuck alone would push that deck over 4 per deck if printed by uspc. and the prices are consistent, 3 decks are 25 around 9-10 goes to shipping which makes 3 decks cost around 5 bucks.

I realize that being in the states, you might not be used to paying these shipping prices but it is something that everyone else will have experienced and these decks are definitely cheaper than any uspc deck that I've seen..minus normal stuff like standard bikes etc.
Well Archangels, Steampunk, Sentinels, Guardians, ... did cost around the same price.
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Re: Legends Deck ( 3 colors )

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

I can understand Julien.
The production price of those Legends decks will not be as high as a USPCC deck.
I was surprised to see them to be sold at such a price per deck.
Most of you will say that this is a bargain...and you are right.In compare of what a other producers charge for their decks (from $6.95-$11.95) this sounds like a good deal these days.
My guess right in the blue production cost of one Legends deck $0.25. :ugeek:
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

CARC said two to three weeks - price hasn't been set yet.
Naxx

Unread post by Naxx »

[quote="cosmicsecret"]I can understand Julien.
The production price of those Legends decks will not be as high as a USPCC deck.
I was surprised to see them to be sold at such a price per deck.
Most of you will say that this is a bargain...and you are right.In compare of what a other producers charge for their decks (from $6.95-$11.95) this sounds like a good deal these days.
My guess right in the blue production cost of one Legends deck $0.25. :ugeek:[/quote]

That will be China not Taiwan. Don't mix both up, totally different country
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

From what I've been researching the production price per deck isn't super low or high. Somewhere between $.85 and $1.20 depending on quantity. Again, this is from my own research from different reputable companies in that region.

Just because the manufacturing cost is 3x's cheaper, dont expect retail to be 3x's cheaper.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

We'll have them too http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/legends-playing-cards-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Hoping to take stock in the next 2-3 weeks.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

JPMiddleton wrote:We'll have them too http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/legends-playing-cards-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Looks like the pre-order is already sold out on this site as well.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

JPMiddleton wrote:We'll have them too http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/legends-playing-cards-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

2-packs and only one color for each pack? I would recommend selling them like Zenneth did, in 3-packs of mixed colors.
- Tom

Check out my collection

Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

Thanks for the feedback.

We put a small number up for pre-order which nearly crashed the site here http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/legends-playing-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but yes, you have a point. Doing that now :)
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
cosmicsecret

Naxx wrote:
That´s true, but if the re-sellers can sell them at $4 then probably they buy a deck at $2-2.25 in grosses.
Russel wrote: From what I've been researching the production price per deck isn't super low or high. Somewhere between $.85 and $1.20 depending on quantity. Again, this is from my own research from different reputable companies in that region.
Well i still believe they get them at $0.25-0.50 a deck,why else should they go with a playing card manifacturing plant in Taiwan? ;)
Dont get me wrong here - i´m not saying that if a production price is lower then the retail price has to be the same.
I just remember seeing decks from Asia sold at 1€ Euro stores and nobody really wanted to pay more then 2 bucks for a deck from Asia.
It´s a price explosion on the USPCC made cards and now on the Asian made cards as well.
And i can understand Julien´s concerns about the pricetag on these Legends cards.That´s all. No need for a bigger discussion :)
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

cosmicsecret wrote:
Naxx wrote:
That´s true, but if the re-sellers can sell them at $4 then probably they buy a deck at $2-2.25 in grosses.
Russel wrote: From what I've been researching the production price per deck isn't super low or high. Somewhere between $.85 and $1.20 depending on quantity. Again, this is from my own research from different reputable companies in that region.
Well i still believe they get them at $0.25-0.50 a deck,why else should they go with a playing card manifacturing plant in Taiwan? ;)
Dont get me wrong here - i´m not saying that if a production price is lower then the retail price has to be the same.
I just remember seeing decks from Asia sold at 1€ Euro stores and nobody really wanted to pay more then 2 bucks for a deck from Asia.
It´s a price explosion on the USPCC made cards and now on the Asian made cards as well.
And i can understand Julien´s concerns about the pricetag on these Legends cards.That´s all. No need for a bigger discussion :)
Well it really seems like you are just making guesses. Yes there are decks that cost a small amount, both those are literally crap that no one would want and fall apart after one or two shuffles, literally! Several people who have gotten advance samples of this deck have said the quality is very very good. If the quality is that good and they are making in relatively low quantity, no I do not think they are $0.25 to $0.50 a deck.
Zenneth
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Zenneth »

cosmicsecret wrote:
Naxx wrote:
Guys,
I am not going to talk about the value of hidden properties of this deck to magicians (it's extremely difficult to top what they have done with Legends).
Let's simply not forget that artwork of Legends is by Mark Stutzman. 0.5 a deck? Honestly, not a chance.
Coterie1902.com
cosmicsecret

Let's simply not forget that artwork of Legends is by Mark Stutzman. 0.5 a deck? Honestly, not a chance.
Seriously - that´s why i think they are produced at $0.25-0.50 a deck. I dont think Mr. Stutzman did this design for free.So another mouth to be fed in this chain.
When reseller can sell them at $4 a deck there must be more room for profit for both ends (reseller and producer).
This deck is aimed to be sold to magicians (its produced by a pro magician) a bigger community and a community who actually uses the decks and needs more....kaaaaching profit ;)

Anyways back to topic could you name the features hidden in this deck, Zenneth?
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

cosmicsecret wrote:why else should they go with a playing card manifacturing plant in Taiwan?
Because they can make a better card for less money... or at the very least, a card of just as good of quality for less money.

Again, not all factories can do this obviously. Bill must have found a good one.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

JPMiddleton wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

We put a small number up for pre-order which nearly crashed the site here http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/legends-playing-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but yes, you have a point. Doing that now :)
So, are you still selling them?
- Tom

Check out my collection