Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - SHIPPING

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Justin O.
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - fulfillment status - halt

Unread post by Justin O. »

I want the decks, not my money, I know some are produced, I don't want to make the decks that people do have more valuable and rare and only get a $100 back and be out the potential for a beautiful deck
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Justin O. wrote:I want the decks, not my money, I know some are produced, I don't want to make the decks that people do have more valuable and rare and only get a $100 back and be out the potential for a beautiful deck
Interestingly, Ed Nash started sending out Asylum decks once a lawsuit was filed against him. I'm glad I got the cards rather than the money. It's just too bad it had to reach that point. Likewise, hopefully Erik will demonstrate good faith on this project before it reaches that point. I, too, would rather have the decks than the money. But, I'd rather have the money back than nothing at all (as happened with Adam Clarkson's Green Army Men deck.)
This space intentionally left blank.
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

Justin O. wrote:I want the decks, not my money, I know some are produced, I don't want to make the decks that people do have more valuable and rare and only get a $100 back and be out the potential for a beautiful deck
I too prefer deck > money, but still no decks.
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

rousselle wrote:hopefully Erik will demonstrate good faith on this project
Good faith? Call me cynical but he hasn't shown any during this entire project so why should we ever expect it? He's a liar, a cheat, a crook and a thief on a pity pot. I sadly expect to see this lawsuit before I ever see my cards. But justice, one way or another, must be served.
Justin O.

vasta41 wrote:... But justice, one way or another, must be served.
Vasta41 was a cop with nothing to lose, on the wrong side of the law, looking for hope in a hopeless world and trying to find the project creator that killed his partner and then never delivered on his Kickstarter project.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Justin O. wrote:
vasta41 wrote:... But justice, one way or another, must be served.
Vasta41 was a cop with nothing to lose, on the wrong side of the law, looking for hope in a hopeless world and trying to find the project creator that killed his partner and then never delivered on his Kickstarter project.
I'd watch that TV show. If we got our cards on the season finale :?
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I'm not a Canadian lawyer, but I'm confident there are multiple legal remedies that would be available to us aside from just straight up liquid cash damages. What I would like to achieve is to enforce specific performance on the contract (that's where the Court could compel Eric to live up to his end of the contract and actually ship out the decks, or else risk being in contempt of the Court Order and face stiff fines) and full recovery of legal costs and expenses. But again, I won't know exactly what all our options would be until after consultation with the Canadian attorney.

I'm not out for blood here, I'm not interested in seeking the most punitive outcomes the law provides. I'm not trying to take away Eric's house or livelihood. I just want him to live up to his end of the deal where all the backers get either their decks or their money back. Since Eric doesn't have the decency to do it on his own volition, I'll have to get a judge to force him to do the right thing.

The decks are produced and are in existence. It is not impossible for Eric to ship them out to us. He simply chooses not to do so because he's clearly unwilling to take the final steps to reward his backers for whatever his self-serving, self-pitying reasons are. Just like he's too stubborn/lazy/cowardly to post something as simple as an KS update to communicate with his backers. Eric Mana would rather go through the pain and expense of getting sued in court rather than doing the honorable thing and posting an update where he commits himself to a plan to fulfill his legal obligations to his backers. Sad. . .
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

I'm definitely in though if it isn't a huge burden on my wallet. Erik already took enough from me from the Sybil and Signature Sybil campaigns.
I do agree along with everyone that I rather have the decks than the money returned, but at this point I just want something back as soon as possible so if taking him to court to force him to do it is the only solution then I guess that's what we should all be doing.
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Frederick Campana or Kickstarter's Erik Mana and Frederick Campana is selling these on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Sybil-Livida-Dec ... 01948J4DM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

13 left @ $13.16 plus shipping.

Meanwhile, I can't get my $80+ Kickstarter pledge.

EDIT: Shipping from a bunch of different places:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... dition=new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nECr0MaNCeD
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

TGunitedcardists wrote:Frederick Campana or Kickstarter's Erik Mana and Frederick Campana is selling these on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Sybil-Livida-Dec ... 01948J4DM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... dition=new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Actually, these are being sold by CPC (Collectible Playing Cards). The Frederick Campana (Erik I am assuming) you see is a reference to the creator, not the seller. CPC, along with a handful of other retailers, were among the few who got their pledges. Nothing against CPC or the other retailers. They paid for their decks and deserved to get and sell them.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

The total radio silence is what pisses me off. Same with Shane with his Call of the Cthulhu deck.
If it goes for a lawsuit , well then he deserves it fully. No doubt!
Such a coward behaviour...gosh.
:x
inferno_822

Unread post by inferno_822 »

SInjin - im in too, i pledge a full brick and he went silent (he also took the int' shipping fee as i changed from int to US but he said nothing abt the extra money). How do i contact u regarding this issue? do i email u ? Thanks brother !
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

TGunitedcardists wrote:Frederick Campana or Kickstarter's Erik Mana and Frederick Campana is selling these on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Sybil-Livida-Dec ... 01948J4DM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01948J4DM/
fred(ERIC)k looks awfully familiar, eh? "Mana" is his stage name, if you look at KS, his brother's name is listed as "Campana". Sad, but hard not to argue that this is in fact him, himself.

As much as I hate to get onto his sh¡t, John - use a sensible thread name anyone will recognize and I will lock it so it shows up first until we're done, and we can create an easy to use permanent link using a URL shortener that let's you use a sensible name instead of just a nonsense 8 alpha-numeric mess.

Sinjin7, I am way out of the loop right now, please fire a PM once you make the OP and I will mark it "sticky".
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Guys,

After watching this thread come up again and again and viewing the many comments on the campaign page from various backers, why is it so hard for YOU to contact your credit card and request a full refund?

They do & will refund you 100% if you've purchase and/or had something charged and you never received the product. That's what buyer protection is for and offered regardless if it's 3 months or 3 years. If you didn't receive what you paid for you get your money back. Problem solved! It's simple.

We all know this campaigned hasn't fulfilled and probably never will. He ran Buskers well after this one and everyone got their rewards. It's obviously he's having issues with the fulfillment center that's holding his & your decks hostage and continue to hold you guys hostage to their policies. It's even more obviously they don't care about their clientele.

If everyone focused more of their displeasure on the fulfillment company and tried to help Erik instead of criticizing and bashing him, you may just receive what you paid for.. Food for thought! Go after the fulfillment center.

Cheerio!
4.of.Clubs

Cardians wrote:Guys,

After watching this thread come up again and again and viewing the many comments on the campaign page from various backers, why is it so hard for YOU to contact your credit card and request a full refund?

They do & will refund you 100% if you've purchase and/or had something charged and you never received the product. That's what buyer protection is for and offered regardless if it's 3 months or 3 years. If you didn't receive what you paid for you get your money back. Problem solved! It's simple.
It's not that simple, I personally had this charged on a credit card account that closed a LONG time ago. For some, it's just not possible.
Cardians wrote: If everyone focused more of their displeasure on the fulfillment company and tried to help Erik instead of criticizing and bashing him, you may just receive what you paid for.. Food for thought! Go after the fulfillment center.
You must be kidding me?! F@#king help Erik? All backers are pretty patient and wanted to help. But the dude hasn't said ANYTHING and no one knows what's going on. So no, this isn't an option. And the fact that he was able to send out all the bulk orders while having these issues just shows that he's scared of big companies going after him, but don't give a sh!t about us little guys.

The food you gave my brain just caused diarrhea.
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Cardians wrote: If everyone focused more of their displeasure on the fulfillment company and tried to help Erik instead of criticizing and bashing him, you may just receive what you paid for.. Food for thought! Go after the fulfillment center.
This has everything to do with Erik. He has had our money for a long time, he hired the fulfillment center and he has stopped communicating. There is absolutely every reason to bash, criticize and sue.
Cardians

4.of.Clubs wrote: It's not that simple, I personally had this charged on a credit card account that closed a LONG time ago. For some, it's just not possible.

Well that's an problem only you have then... Sucks to be you!
Justin O.

Cardians wrote:
4.of.Clubs wrote: It's not that simple, I personally had this charged on a credit card account that closed a LONG time ago. For some, it's just not possible.

I would like to point out that it has been some time since the funds were collected for this project, I don't imagine the above situation is unique to 4oC, I would think, given the situation, that several people might find themselves in this situation, and your callous response to what really is a shitty situation for 4oC is both needlessly hostile and antagonistic, I generally find that everyone on here is pretty much kind and polite to one another even in heated situations and responses like this are toxic to the community as a whole.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Cardians wrote:

I'm not sure what bank company you use, but sure you can tell us, because that will be the first bank that will refund you 100% for a purchase that you made consciously a long time ago, so please share it here, I would love to have an account there.

But this has nothing to do with the bank you use it has only to do with Erik, that STOLE OUR MONEY.
Cardians

sms69x wrote: I'm not sure what bank company you use, but sure you can tell us, because that will be the first bank that will refund you 100% for a purchase that you made consciously a long time ago, so please share it here, I would love to have an account there.

But this has nothing to do with the bank you use it has only to do with Erik, that STOLE OUR MONEY.

Gladly, Since KS requires a major credit card, I'm sure Mastercard has the same policy below:

Visa Dispute:
If you dispute a transaction on your VISA debit card, such as services not rendered, goods not received, duplicate transactions or an overseas ATM dispute, you can speak to the Visa debit retailer disputes team who will process the cancellation.

Again, seems easy enough.
4.of.Clubs

Cardians wrote:Well that's an problem only you have then... Sucks to be you!
Yes it does suck for me, as well as all the backers who gave Erik their hard earned money. Mind if I ask, did you even back the project? or are you just trolling here?
Cardians wrote: Gladly, Since KS requires a major credit card, I'm sure Mastercard has the same policy below:

Visa Dispute:
If you dispute a transaction on your VISA debit card, such as services not rendered, goods not received, duplicate transactions or an overseas ATM dispute, you can speak to the Visa debit retailer disputes team who will process the cancellation.

Again, seems easy enough.
Gladly, you just dumped more incorrect and useless information.

You'll need to first know the difference between a credit card and a debit card. I've never heard of and is unable to find any information on visa, or mastercard, or american express dealing with disputes on their credit cards, it's always the issuing bank. If anyone has different experience on this I'd love to learn.

Also FYI, Under the Fair Credit Billing Act (https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 ... rd-charges" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), this falls under "Billing Error" - charges for goods and services you didn't accept or that weren't delivered as agreed. And one would need to dispute/report the charge within 60 days of it showing up on your statement. We're 10 years pass that (fine, more like almost 2 years). Now some banks might be nice and credit you if you make it a big enough deal, but by law they have no obligation to do so. Of course this is speaking for U.S. only, but it's where most of the backers are located and banking at.

Again, don't just google random stuff without reading and troll.
Justin O.

I know that my bank (U.S. Bank) Has really strict limitations on how soon you have to report in situations like that before you aren't eligible for bank assistance
Cardians

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - fulfillment status - ???

@ 4 of Clubs

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to get the proper information regardless if it's from google or visa itself. Visa debit card is no different from a Visa credit card. But I've taken the liberty to display Visa's policy.

FYI - In the past, I have requested a full-refund from my Visa institution after Zach Mueller did not ship my reward in a timely matter as he said he would pertaining to his Black Fontaine campaign. Do you think I was credited back my entire charge or got shafted from a multi-billion dollar industry such as Visa. I'm sure your "veteran" UC membership status knows the answer.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Directly from Visa

Secure With Visa
Visa E-Promise

The Visa E-Promise program is designed specifically to add an extra layer of protection for Visa cardholders shopping online, by mail or by phone.

Designed to help make the online environment more welcoming to consumers, the Visa E-Promise assures Visa cardholders that if they have tried to (and have been unsuccessful) resolve a dispute with an online, phone order or mail order merchant, they can contact their Visa card issuer directly to initiate whatever action may be available to the issuer to resolve the credit card charge in question*.

Providing you with heightened peace of mind

The Visa E-Promise offers you a new avenue to settle disputes you may encounter while shopping online, by mail or by phone. Visa cardholders can request their issuer cancel or reverse a charge where the merchant has not refunded the cardholder when:

The cardholder has lawfully cancelled their agreement in accordance with the online, phone or mail order merchant's cancellation policy; or

The purchased item has not been received or the cardholder can prove that the item is different from what was ordered and has been returned to the merchant.

Once contacted by the Visa cardholder, and provided that the grounds for the request are legitimate, the Visa issuer will act on the cardholder request, investigate the dispute and provide a refund to the cardholder if the claims are validated.
RickardSmith

Unread post by RickardSmith »

Add me in - i pledged for the full collection :(
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Justin O. wrote:I know that my bank (U.S. Bank) Has really strict limitations on how soon you have to report in situations like that before you aren't eligible for bank assistance
There's this, and then there's also the fact that Kickstarter isn't a store, you're not technically purchasing anything but rather Kickstarter unites project creators with potential investors. While you select a reward and expecting it's delivery, all you're really doing so far as your credit card company is concerned is giving investment money to a project. No actual purchase, so many credit card companies can easily deny such a claim.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
4.of.Clubs

Cardians wrote: Directly from Visa

Secure With Visa
Visa E-Promise

The Visa E-Promise program is designed specifically to add an extra layer of protection for Visa cardholders shopping online, by mail or by phone.

Designed to help make the online environment more welcoming to consumers, the Visa E-Promise assures Visa cardholders that if they have tried to (and have been unsuccessful) resolve a dispute with an online, phone order or mail order merchant, they can contact their Visa card issuer directly to initiate whatever action may be available to the issuer to resolve the credit card charge in question*.

Providing you with heightened peace of mind

The Visa E-Promise offers you a new avenue to settle disputes you may encounter while shopping online, by mail or by phone. Visa cardholders can request their issuer cancel or reverse a charge where the merchant has not refunded the cardholder when:

The cardholder has lawfully cancelled their agreement in accordance with the online, phone or mail order merchant's cancellation policy; or

The purchased item has not been received or the cardholder can prove that the item is different from what was ordered and has been returned to the merchant.

Once contacted by the Visa cardholder, and provided that the grounds for the request are legitimate, the Visa issuer will act on the cardholder request, investigate the dispute and provide a refund to the cardholder if the claims are validated.
Again, I don't feel like you understand what you're talking about. You repeatedly post things that destroys your own case. IF YOU READ WHAT YOU POST, the VISA ISSUER is the issuing bank in United States, and it is long pass the dispute period.

Now, if you have ANY useful suggestion or comments regarding the project please go ahead. Otherwise please stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.
Cardians

4.of.Clubs wrote: Now, if you have ANY useful suggestion or comments regarding the project please go ahead.
I was trying to help the backers that got bent over by Erik including yourself. :uggrin:

And to answer your earlier question as to if I backed the project, the answer is NO! And I'm happy to be a troller as you call it..

My only comment/suggestion would be to move on and stop complaining. KS is a gamble with any projects as you are quite aware of.

As I said earlier, if he hasn't fulfilled his campaign by now, he never will. Good luck suing him, the Canadian Justice System, even small claims, is a joke in it's entirety.. :lol:
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

Cardians wrote: the Canadian Justice System, even small claims, is a joke in it's entirety.. :lol:
I second that.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Project update from today:

Posted by Erik Mana & Alvin Campana (Creator)

I'm very sorry that I haven't offered any updates. I too have not had any updates from the fulfillment company. I feel horrible with everything that is happening. This is not my intention to not deliver this project. Those who know me, know this is not me.
There are people threatening to file a case against me. I understand. But please also understand that if that happens, I too will be filing a case against the fulfillment company. But right now I'm trying to get things done without a legal battle because it will only make things worse and slow things down even more.

To those that have malice intentions against me, harassed me, threatened my life and made an effort to make my life hell - I get it. You're pissed off that deliveries are late and I haven't given any updates. I haven't responded to messages because the majority of them are toxic and it doesn't help the situation. Some of you want to ruin someone’s life over some playing cards. But please stop and think about this. That doesn’t help anyone. It doesn’t help me and it definitely doesn’t help you get your cards faster.
I admit, part of this delay is my fault, but the majority of the problem lies with the fulfillment company. I could easily pass the buck and drop names and the shipping company involved, but I don't want to do that because it will further put this project at risk. I put myself in front of this mess to protect the shipping company that still holds all your decks, because I don't want a legal battle that will slow things down even more.

The issue has nothing to do with money. They have not sent me a single billing for even the past shipments even after I've asked for it. The past shipments can easily be settled because it wasn't a lot of packages shipped. Their problem seems to be logistical and poor management which they haven't fixed to this day.

I'm pleading with all of you. Please allow me to get this done without a law suit. My promise is still on the table. I promise to deliver these decks. I just need time to resolve the issues with this shipping company.
I'm trying do better. I know you all deserve better.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Erik
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

PrincessTrouble wrote:Project update from today:

Posted by Erik Mana & Alvin Campana (Creator)

I'm very sorry that I haven't offered any updates. I too have not had any updates from the fulfillment company. I feel horrible with everything that is happening. This is not my intention to not deliver this project. Those who know me, know this is not me.
There are people threatening to file a case against me. I understand. But please also understand that if that happens, I too will be filing a case against the fulfillment company. But right now I'm trying to get things done without a legal battle because it will only make things worse and slow things down even more.

To those that have malice intentions against me, harassed me, threatened my life and made an effort to make my life hell - I get it. You're pissed off that deliveries are late and I haven't given any updates. I haven't responded to messages because the majority of them are toxic and it doesn't help the situation. Some of you want to ruin someone’s life over some playing cards. But please stop and think about this. That doesn’t help anyone. It doesn’t help me and it definitely doesn’t help you get your cards faster.
I admit, part of this delay is my fault, but the majority of the problem lies with the fulfillment company. I could easily pass the buck and drop names and the shipping company involved, but I don't want to do that because it will further put this project at risk. I put myself in front of this mess to protect the shipping company that still holds all your decks, because I don't want a legal battle that will slow things down even more.

The issue has nothing to do with money. They have not sent me a single billing for even the past shipments even after I've asked for it. The past shipments can easily be settled because it wasn't a lot of packages shipped. Their problem seems to be logistical and poor management which they haven't fixed to this day.

I'm pleading with all of you. Please allow me to get this done without a law suit. My promise is still on the table. I promise to deliver these decks. I just need time to resolve the issues with this shipping company.
I'm trying do better. I know you all deserve better.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Erik
Two main things gripe me about this. He doesn't communicate for months and months unless threatened. He has no plan to resolve any of this other than hoping things will get fixed with the fulfillment company. And we don't even know what the problem actually is because of the lack of Erik's communication and transparency. Delays I can deal with, but lack of professionalism and respect for backers, I cannot. Erik could really learn a lot from how Lotrek handles delays and mishaps. I hope Erik never makes another dime from playing cards.