Joker and Thief White Gold Playing Cards - KS 18-March

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
DragonSoul
Collector: Yes

Re: Joker and Thief White Gold Playing Cards - KS 18-March

Unread post by DragonSoul »

What a mess. And as expected twice as many people have jumped into the corrected tier than have actually left the old EB tier...

I could have sworn this happened to another project and they were able to correct it without having to set up new tiers. Anybody else remember?
Joker and the Thief
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Joker and the Thief »

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately Kickstarter wouldn't allow us to adjust the pledge level.
So thanks to a suggestion from a couple of you guys from the community here we created a brand new pledge level for US backers to move over to.

Thanks very much for your support, help and understanding as always! Have an awesome day guys!

Cheers,
James
- Joker and the Thief Playing Card Co.
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

Looks as though they will be selling 110 Early Birds with 30 left to spare for more pledges unless they cancel that original pledge altogether.
Cbkimble
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Joker and Thief White Gold Playing Cards - KS 18-March (

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I stayed up to pledge an EB and when I woke up, the 75 new EB tiers were all gone. Looks like the that dodnt show up on time for rewarded. I'll pick these up later.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

It seems that only US backers get to be considerated, they still kept the price for shipping one deck arround $16USD, what a steal...
Definitely will wait for these to hit some reseller and buy them then...
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

sms69x wrote:It seems that only US backers get to be considerated, they still kept the price for shipping one deck arround $16USD, what a steal...
Definitely will wait for these to hit some reseller and buy them then...
Sadly it's made by EPCC so that why there "isn't any" us shipping fee.

So same boat as you, have to wait, hope more Americans pledge this campaign to make it successful
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Why are these being shipped via Fedex to international customers?? That just adds extra unnecessary costs to international backers. $22 to ship 1 deck to Canada is double what it should cost. I'm out. I'll get it later on from a reseller with a lower shipping amount, maybe even from Art of Play, unless they have stopped using USPS completely. I get that Fedex is safer and faster but that doesn't mean anything to me because I haven't had any issues with USPS/Canada Post and I don't mind waiting a bit longer. I had pledged for the $14 early bird but what is the point when shipping almost doubles that?
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
alric

Unread post by alric »

I was in for the original J&T deck, and while the tuck and courts were nice, the one-way back killed it for me. This gold/white version is so predictable. Despite this, I tried to pledge for this version anyway, but what the f*ck?!? It's like, OK, free shipping to America. Wait a minute, it's not free, its freaking $22 just for shipping? F*ck you, Art of Play! Oh wait, its free after all. Dammit no, its free for only some tiers, but not others? Haven't they run a campaign before? Why are they still screwing the pooch so hard with the jacked up tiers?

At the end of the day, I don't have time for this bullshit, I'm out! Oh, and its still a one-way back.
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Very last chance to ....
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
JazzVox

Unread post by JazzVox »

Yeah I was one of the first 20 backers and jumped on an earlybird. They "fixed" the shipping error by creating the new tier which filled before I knew so I was just hosed. Tried to get them to make right by it with no luck. Finally cancelled my pledge. It's ridiculous and makes me immeasurably mad. I know it's only a few dollars but smacks supporters in the face. I'm easily appeased when people are reasonable which they were not. Smug and uncaring.
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

JazzVox wrote:Yeah I was one of the first 20 backers and jumped on an earlybird. They "fixed" the shipping error by creating the new tier which filled before I knew so I was just hosed. Tried to get them to make right by it with no luck. Finally cancelled my pledge. It's ridiculous and makes me immeasurably mad. I know it's only a few dollars but smacks supporters in the face. I'm easily appeased when people are reasonable which they were not. Smug and uncaring.
If they don't care about the backers, why should we back?
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

It's pretty clear these guys can't run an efficient campaign - if its their first ever campaign, you can give them a pass but this second attempt was as bumpy, if not more, than the first. Their model for add ons is still clunky and their fulfillment/shipping costs are still way too high, especially for international backers. They had 526 backers for their first campaign, and they dipped down to 473 backers for their second campaign, that's not a trend in the right direction. And with their poor customer support for this campaign, that decline will only be steeper for their next re-color or new deck.
Joker and the Thief
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Joker and the Thief »

Hi everyone!

Our new White Gold Edition Playing Cards are now available on Amazon for those of you in the USA! - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KC3QOH2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will be releasing a small batch on our website shortly for all of you guys overseas who are still looking to get some.

Thank you to everyone who supported the Kickstarter campaign! Stay on the look out for an all new project coming this Fall.

Cheers,
Joker and the Thief